Habits brought by some Asian and South-Asian immigrants: Female feticide


Madi
#1
Bid to curb female feticide pushes hot buttons of abortion and culture - The Globe and Mail

Rajendra Kale, interim editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, called for a ban on disclosing the sex of a fetus until 30 weeks, a point at which abortions are difficult to obtain. His editorial cited research that suggests some Asian immigrants are aborting unwanted females.
 
JoseB
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiView Post

Bid to curb female feticide pushes hot buttons of abortion and culture - The Globe and Mail

Rajendra Kale, interim editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, called for a ban on disclosing the sex of a fetus until 30 weeks, a point at which abortions are difficult to obtain. His editorial cited research that suggests some Asian immigrants are aborting unwanted females.

That will just cause women to have late-term abortions...whether a doctor does it, or the woman does something to herself. We need to start changing the way women are viewed and treated.
 
WLDB
#3
So annoying. China and India are likely going to have a huge population collapse eventually as a result of these practices. You kind of need women to reproduce. Idiots.
 
Spade
#4
Well, a good start would be for the CMA and government to broadcast their position against sex selection in ethic communities - ethic radio, ethic press, schools, public television. Bans seldom work.
 
DurkaDurka
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

So annoying. China and India are likely going to have a huge population collapse eventually as a result of these practices. You kind of need women to reproduce. Idiots.

Well, in all honesty, that needs to happen. The population between the two is something like 3 billion.

So they can keep building my Ipads and dying in the process, I demand cheap goods.
 
gopher
+1
#6
Well, often it's more than that ~ some might recall a story I put here a few years ago: one day I came home about 5:00PM and was about to take the back entrance as I usually do in the large tenement where I live. But there were a lot of police cars entering the building from the front entrance and I decided to investigate and saw many of my neighbors standing in front of the building. I asked 'what happened' and they said a SE Asian who lived across the street just killed his wife - this despite the fact that they had 8 children.

As the cops dragged him into the squad car, he was screaming "why are you arresting me - I have done nothing wrong!''

It turns out that in his culture, one cannot divorce. If a man wants a new wife, he must kill his old wife and then can get a new one legally and within the accepted standards of his culture. In his mind he was doing the right thing. But, of course, he faced a lifetime imprisonment thereafter.

Thus, female infanticide and wife killing are not all that unusual in some of these pagan societies. Good thing they are not Muslim or certain haters would have a field day criticizing that religion.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#7
Another indication that immigrants lately, once they get to Canada aren't shedding old beliefs, which was the kool-ade sold to us to boost the population. Good, hard working people that take the jobs we don't like and start nice restaurants once they get here.

That guy who was being dragged away really must have been mystified, because in Afghanistan, right now, fathers sell their daughters for some sheep when they need to. It's their tradtion they said.
 
Madi
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Another indication that immigrants lately, once they get to Canada aren't shedding old beliefs, which was the kool-ade sold to us to boost the population. Good, hard working people that take the jobs we don't like and start nice restaurants once they get here.

That guy who was being dragged away really must have been mystified, because in Afghanistan, right now, fathers sell their daughters for some sheep when they need to. It's their tradtion they said.

The biggest problem with multiculturalism (what exactly is that?) is that people tend to create micro-societies based on the "home" model.
Immigrants should not be blamed for doing this as this is encouraged by our own government and the multi-culti lobbyists.
 
gerryh
+1
#9
What's the big deal. Canada allows any and all abortions. It's what you all wanted. It's a woman's body and she has the right to do what she wants with that body. ...... Right?
 
dumpthemonarchy
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiView Post

The biggest problem with multiculturalism (what exactly is that?) is that people tend to create micro-societies based on the "home" model.
Immigrants should not be blamed for doing this as this is encouraged by our own government and the multi-culti lobbyists.

It's not just MCism, its the large numbers of immigrants that are coming. About five million in the past 22 years. There is no longer waxing and waning of the numbers, they are always at 250,000 per year, regardless of economic conditions. With such high numbers, they are creating their own growing enclaves and achieving political critical mass that was not envisioned decades ago.

They are creating their own little villages with monster houses, bringing over grandparents who don't know English, and perpetuating old attitudes to the younger generations. Villages and clans are being transferred here and so are their values. That's not what the original multicultists had in mind. Now with cheap jet travel they can go home easily and keep in touch with the internet. When immigrants came to Canada before the multicultural immgrantion policies, going home hardly ever happened.
 
Madi
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

It's not just MCism, its the large numbers of immigrants that are coming. About five million in the past 22 years. There is no longer waxing and waning of the numbers, they are always at 250,000 per year, regardless of economic conditions. With such high numbers, they are creating their own growing enclaves and achieving political critical mass that was not envisioned decades ago.

They are creating their own little villages with monster houses, bringing over grandparents who don't know English, and perpetuating old attitudes to the younger generations. Villages and clans are being transferred here and so are their values. That's not what the original multicultists had in mind. Now with cheap jet travel they can go home easily and keep in touch with the internet. When immigrants came to Canada before the multicultural immgrantion policies, going home hardly ever happened.

It seems that you disagree with the non-European immigration which counts for the massive migration to Canada.
 
TenPenny
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

They are creating their own little villages with monster houses, bringing over grandparents who don't know English, and perpetuating old attitudes to the younger generations.


I agree 100%. The worst of them are the Scots. And not only do they speak some foreign language, but they cook weird smelly food.
 
Spade
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I agree 100%. The worst of them are the Scots. And not only do they speak some foreign language, but they cook weird smelly food.


But only when they are not drunk.
 
CDNBear
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

But only when they are not drunk.

Well you'd have to be, what man would wear a skirt sober?
 
SLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Well you'd have to be, what man would wear a skirt sober?

Ones with really great legs?
 
CDNBear
+2
#16
 
Spade
+1
#17
Evolution plays weird tricks on islands. Galapagos, Australia, Britain...
 
dumpthemonarchy
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiView Post

It seems that you disagree with the non-European immigration which counts for the massive migration to Canada.

To be more precise, I disagree with maxed out immigration, which at present 250,000 have been entering since about 1990 without regard to economic conditions. This was not the case earlier when immigration ebbed and flowed, depending on the economy. Immigration was part of the dept of Manpower and Immigration and not a political football of multiculturalists and the real estate industry like it is now. Now our identity rests on immigration? I disagree.

The system has been skewed against immigrants from Europe due to white colonial guilt. It was, however, Ukrainians who pushed very hard for multiculturalism in the 1960s for more recognition of thier part in Canada. Which I think was not warranted.

My father, who came from Europe, got $0 from the fed govt or any govt to settle here. Now they need thousands to settle and their incomes are getting lower by the year because many lack adequate language skills. In the old days you could quit school in grade 8 and get a good job in a mill or warehouse, not anymore.
 
TenPenny
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

To be more precise, I disagree with maxed out immigration, which at present 250,000 have been entering since about 1990 without regard to economic conditions.


That being the case, why do you always bring up language/food/culture as a complaint about immigration, and every example you use involves Asians?
 
L Gilbert
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Evolution plays weird tricks on islands. Galapagos, Australia, Britain...

Turtle Island, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

In the old days you could quit school in grade 8 and get a good job in a mill or warehouse, not anymore.

That's what comes with competition. The more competition, the harder it becomes to get the job. The more educated and experienced one is, the easier it becomes. Same as uni courses, the tougher the course, the more students are filtered out because of lack of ability and lack of interest.So your GR. 8 dood may get a minimum wage job, unless he has an awful lot of experience and/or has some sort of pull with the employer, but your gr.12 dood with the same experience is a better person for the job, generally.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Turtle Island, too.

That's what comes with competition. The more competition, the harder it becomes to get the job. The more educated and experienced one is, the easier it becomes. Same as uni courses, the tougher the course, the more students are filtered out because of lack of ability and lack of interest.So your GR. 8 dood may get a minimum wage job, unless he has an awful lot of experience and/or has some sort of pull with the employer, but your gr.12 dood with the same experience is a better person for the job, generally.

Nowadays most finish grade 12, but those who don't face greater competiition due to high immigration. So they are being punished for not being smart enough. That's kind of normal, it's a harsh world out there. The world has changed from the 1970s and many are getting left behind. In some ways its like Russia where communist system ended and many suddenly became destitute as their world ended. "Shocke treatment" What took five years there, took say 30 here so we adjusted better.

If you don't want to learn you suffer in this information age of marketing and communication which requires better English language skills than 30 years ago. Do most Asians/African have these highly sought after soft skills? Some do, but many don't, and those that don't are competing with poorly educated Canadians for the lousy jobs. So, cut immigration by 75% now.
 
EagleSmack
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

What's the big deal. Canada allows any and all abortions. It's what you all wanted. It's a woman's body and she has the right to do what she wants with that body. ...... Right?

He's got a point. Who are we to decide what a woman does with her own body. If she's got a girl baby in the womb then it's her right to terminate it.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

He's got a point. Who are we to decide what a woman does with her own body. If she's got a girl baby in the womb then it's her right to terminate it.

Yes. It is a blow though, to the idea that we are all people with the same aspirations. Asians think a little differently and the idealists aren't sure why. Size matters. Once you have high immigration like we have had for 20 years and allow large enclaves to develop and grow, old habits come here. I don't like this.

Can't stop Asian/African immigration, if you wish that, you're a racist. Or so they the multiculturalists who are clueless say.

Now, I'm a racialist, I think races exist, people are different. This means I see the differences between races. I think my race is the best of course, like everyone does. But I treat everyone equally personally and believe they must be treated equally politically. That's democracy, and they don't have much of this in Asia or Africa.
 
TenPenny
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Can't stop Asian/African immigration, if you wish that, you're a racist. Or so they the multiculturalists who are clueless say.
.

Well, by definition, yes, that's true. You want to stop immigration of a particular race; that is, by definition, racist.

You never complain about immigration except when mentioning Asians.
 
gopher
+1
#25
Quote:

Immigrants should not be blamed for doing this as this is encouraged by our own government and the multi-culti lobbyists.


The government of Holland carefully screens out any potential immigrants who are homophobic or who detest open display of skin. Nothing in the law prevents Canada or the USA from doing the same as a preventive.
 
captain morgan
+2
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

The government of Holland carefully screens out any potential immigrants who are homophobic or who detest open display of skin. Nothing in the law prevents Canada or the USA from doing the same as a preventive.

In many regards, Canada is not that different from Holland, although we'd be the uptight, conservative relative.... Easy access to hookers and pot isn't exactly on the radar here.

That said, the reason that I can't see Canada taking the same line on immigration policy is due to the optics of the action... That style of screening (weed out homophobes or the skin display thing) would definitely be construed as taking a run a specific demographic of immigrant and therefore would be racist.

All of this of course would be followed by a rash of occupy-style movements and Flossy posting thread upon thread of anti-Harper rhetoric that is marginally (in a very indirect way) related to the underlying issue.
 
damngrumpy
+1
#27
I think the time has come to inform those coming here from anywhere that there are certain rules
called laws and we will not tolerate certain practices. If you are coming here these are the
conditions that apply. Sign here and if you don't you will not be allowed entry.
Religious freedoms are one thing, customs and other activities are in fact privileges and will be
treated as such. Hijabs are not religious they are customs and therefore when getting on a
plane would cannot conceal identity and the same goes for polling booths etc.
For others we don't advocate for honor killings and so on.

Unfortunately we have people come here and not try to fit into the country and its way of life, in
fact some come here and try to change things for their liking. Its like having a house guest take
over your house and change the furniture around. enough already. And before one gets all
upset I am not a right wing redneck I tend to lean center left on some issues and center right on
others. Our family is some what like the United Nations every color and creed except a Muslim
or a Sikh. Nationalities and religion has nothing to do with it this is about becoming a Canadian.
 
gerryh
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

What's the big deal. Canada allows any and all abortions. It's what you all wanted. It's a woman's body and she has the right to do what she wants with that body. ...... Right?

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

He's got a point. Who are we to decide what a woman does with her own body. If she's got a girl baby in the womb then it's her right to terminate it.


"He" was being facetious. Considering Canada has no laws restricting abortion, period. I find it amusing that people are suggesting that there is something wrong with these women deciding to take advantage of what Canadian citizens don't seem to have a problem with. In fact, any time it is suggested that the abortion topic should be revisited, there is talk of voting the political party out of existence that suggested it be revisited.

These "habits" are completely legal in this country.
 
oceandeep
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

That being the case, why do you always bring up language/food/culture as a complaint about immigration, and every example you use involves Asians?


In my lowly point of view, regardless of immigrants ethnic practices, once in a hosting country, there should be a law that will lead them to live according to that of hosting country but then, the mysterious word called democracy comes in the way.....
 
dumpthemonarchy
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by oceandeepView Post

In my lowly point of view, regardless of immigrants ethnic practices, once in a hosting country, there should be a law that will lead them to live according to that of hosting country but then, the mysterious word called democracy comes in the way.....

Not every country likes all immigrants in the same way. In the former Yugoslavia they like Gypsies/Roma because they play music at weddings, so I was told. There are few Gypsies/Roma living their nomadic lifestyle in Canada or northern European countriies because we don't put up with their lifestyle here.

Russia has 'managed' democracy, perhaps Canada is getting 'ethnic/multicultural' democracy, neither are the real thing as one is run by a corrupt elite who control the vote, the other by a minority who get the vote out. Most Canadians don't have much interest in immigrants or a multicultural Canada, enjoying all the sushi restaurants poppin up on every block. A growing skewed male to female ratio in Canadian urban centres is no big deal to most. Discussing it in public may offend, so lips are sealed.
 
no new posts