Habits brought by some Asian and South-Asian immigrants: Female feticide

JoseB

Jan 29, 2012
Canada
Bid to curb female feticide pushes hot buttons of abortion and culture - The Globe and Mail

Rajendra Kale, interim editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, called for a ban on disclosing the sex of a fetus until 30 weeks, a point at which abortions are difficult to obtain. His editorial cited research that suggests some Asian immigrants are aborting unwanted females.

That will just cause women to have late-term abortions...whether a doctor does it, or the woman does something to herself. We need to start changing the way women are viewed and treated.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
So annoying. China and India are likely going to have a huge population collapse eventually as a result of these practices. You kind of need women to reproduce. Idiots.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Well, a good start would be for the CMA and government to broadcast their position against sex selection in ethic communities - ethic radio, ethic press, schools, public television. Bans seldom work.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
So annoying. China and India are likely going to have a huge population collapse eventually as a result of these practices. You kind of need women to reproduce. Idiots.

Well, in all honesty, that needs to happen. The population between the two is something like 3 billion.

So they can keep building my Ipads and dying in the process, I demand cheap goods.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Well, often it's more than that ~ some might recall a story I put here a few years ago: one day I came home about 5:00PM and was about to take the back entrance as I usually do in the large tenement where I live. But there were a lot of police cars entering the building from the front entrance and I decided to investigate and saw many of my neighbors standing in front of the building. I asked 'what happened' and they said a SE Asian who lived across the street just killed his wife - this despite the fact that they had 8 children.

As the cops dragged him into the squad car, he was screaming "why are you arresting me - I have done nothing wrong!''

It turns out that in his culture, one cannot divorce. If a man wants a new wife, he must kill his old wife and then can get a new one legally and within the accepted standards of his culture. In his mind he was doing the right thing. But, of course, he faced a lifetime imprisonment thereafter.

Thus, female infanticide and wife killing are not all that unusual in some of these pagan societies. Good thing they are not Muslim or certain haters would have a field day criticizing that religion.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Another indication that immigrants lately, once they get to Canada aren't shedding old beliefs, which was the kool-ade sold to us to boost the population. Good, hard working people that take the jobs we don't like and start nice restaurants once they get here.

That guy who was being dragged away really must have been mystified, because in Afghanistan, right now, fathers sell their daughters for some sheep when they need to. It's their tradtion they said.

Madi

Jan 14, 2012
Another indication that immigrants lately, once they get to Canada aren't shedding old beliefs, which was the kool-ade sold to us to boost the population. Good, hard working people that take the jobs we don't like and start nice restaurants once they get here.

That guy who was being dragged away really must have been mystified, because in Afghanistan, right now, fathers sell their daughters for some sheep when they need to. It's their tradtion they said.

The biggest problem with multiculturalism (what exactly is that?) is that people tend to create micro-societies based on the "home" model.
Immigrants should not be blamed for doing this as this is encouraged by our own government and the multi-culti lobbyists.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What's the big deal. Canada allows any and all abortions. It's what you all wanted. It's a woman's body and she has the right to do what she wants with that body. ...... Right?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The biggest problem with multiculturalism (what exactly is that?) is that people tend to create micro-societies based on the "home" model.
Immigrants should not be blamed for doing this as this is encouraged by our own government and the multi-culti lobbyists.

It's not just MCism, its the large numbers of immigrants that are coming. About five million in the past 22 years. There is no longer waxing and waning of the numbers, they are always at 250,000 per year, regardless of economic conditions. With such high numbers, they are creating their own growing enclaves and achieving political critical mass that was not envisioned decades ago.

They are creating their own little villages with monster houses, bringing over grandparents who don't know English, and perpetuating old attitudes to the younger generations. Villages and clans are being transferred here and so are their values. That's not what the original multicultists had in mind. Now with cheap jet travel they can go home easily and keep in touch with the internet. When immigrants came to Canada before the multicultural immgrantion policies, going home hardly ever happened.

Madi

Jan 14, 2012
It's not just MCism, its the large numbers of immigrants that are coming. About five million in the past 22 years. There is no longer waxing and waning of the numbers, they are always at 250,000 per year, regardless of economic conditions. With such high numbers, they are creating their own growing enclaves and achieving political critical mass that was not envisioned decades ago.

They are creating their own little villages with monster houses, bringing over grandparents who don't know English, and perpetuating old attitudes to the younger generations. Villages and clans are being transferred here and so are their values. That's not what the original multicultists had in mind. Now with cheap jet travel they can go home easily and keep in touch with the internet. When immigrants came to Canada before the multicultural immgrantion policies, going home hardly ever happened.

It seems that you disagree with the non-European immigration which counts for the massive migration to Canada.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
They are creating their own little villages with monster houses, bringing over grandparents who don't know English, and perpetuating old attitudes to the younger generations.

I agree 100%. The worst of them are the Scots. And not only do they speak some foreign language, but they cook weird smelly food.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
It seems that you disagree with the non-European immigration which counts for the massive migration to Canada.

To be more precise, I disagree with maxed out immigration, which at present 250,000 have been entering since about 1990 without regard to economic conditions. This was not the case earlier when immigration ebbed and flowed, depending on the economy. Immigration was part of the dept of Manpower and Immigration and not a political football of multiculturalists and the real estate industry like it is now. Now our identity rests on immigration? I disagree.

The system has been skewed against immigrants from Europe due to white colonial guilt. It was, however, Ukrainians who pushed very hard for multiculturalism in the 1960s for more recognition of thier part in Canada. Which I think was not warranted.

My father, who came from Europe, got $0 from the fed govt or any govt to settle here. Now they need thousands to settle and their incomes are getting lower by the year because many lack adequate language skills. In the old days you could quit school in grade 8 and get a good job in a mill or warehouse, not anymore.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
To be more precise, I disagree with maxed out immigration, which at present 250,000 have been entering since about 1990 without regard to economic conditions.

That being the case, why do you always bring up language/food/culture as a complaint about immigration, and every example you use involves Asians?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Evolution plays weird tricks on islands. Galapagos, Australia, Britain...
Turtle Island, too.

In the old days you could quit school in grade 8 and get a good job in a mill or warehouse, not anymore.
That's what comes with competition. The more competition, the harder it becomes to get the job. The more educated and experienced one is, the easier it becomes. Same as uni courses, the tougher the course, the more students are filtered out because of lack of ability and lack of interest.So your GR. 8 dood may get a minimum wage job, unless he has an awful lot of experience and/or has some sort of pull with the employer, but your gr.12 dood with the same experience is a better person for the job, generally.