Maryland Abortion Doctors Charged With Murder

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

That's a good riddle. What's the answer?

To sait fu cktards like Kreskins thirst for blood.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Depends on the circumstances doesn't it?? For, us our children had great value and choosing to save them was no problem whatever. I wonder, though, just how the 9th child, in a poor, starving family would be greeted?? That 9th, would be much more than a monetary inconvenience wouldn't it?? It could be a death sentence for the whole family!!

Do you know that every year 15 million children world wide die of starvation? Kind of puts the inconvenience of a fetus in perspective doesn't it??

Life begins at conception......the key word here is " begins." There are multiple factors that interrupt the course of those beginnings, many of which are not artificially induced. It is we, collectively, that must decide when that beginning has reached culmination and the individual begins. Certainly until it can exist outside of the womb it cannot be considered other than mere fertilized tissue. Human eggs can be fertilized outside the womb, Does this immediately make them an aware individual?? Hardly think so.

What definition of life are you using? Sperm meets egg? I'm not convinced that this is a scientific argument.

I've always viewed newborns as being just like me, with the only significant difference being that I have years of experience and the newborn has none. I could never view a newborn as something less than a complete human, yet I get the impression that you view newborn babies as tissue??? Is that correct?
Last edited by Ariadne; Jan 9th, 2012 at 08:21 PM..

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

You're crazy. The late term abortions mentioned in this article do NOT fall into your pigeon hole. These abortions were performed across 2 states and using a shady doctor. IF the women's health orlife were in danger they would not have needed to seek out this sicko.

I didn't say anything about this particular doc. It sounds from the article like he wasn't above board, in which case an investigation will deal with him. I was addressing comments about making something illegal across the board.

Kreskin

That's a good riddle. What's the answer?

Because they are pure evil.

bluebyrd35
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

The way you keep sidetracking the issue, moving the goal post...let me ask you....did you ever tell your girls "Eat your vegetables...millions of children are starving in africa, and would like to have what you're leaving on your plate"
Because you are doing the same thing here, posting irrelevant stuff .(Quote)

Your idea of sidetracking or moving the goal post is very peculiar. It seems to me being unable to feed or support a child, where conditions are against a decent life is very relevant to abortion, as are access to birth control, education etc.

Your statement.....Certainly, refering to the OP, as old as 36 weeks, according to you it is more than mere fertilized tissue because it can exist outside the womb..Non?

The article doesn't indicate it did though does it. 36 weeks it surely would have cried. Mine did at 34 weeks, albeit weak, but then they were both very sick. It is a bit late, but the article doesn't indicate why the woman had to wait so long....... did someone take her to court to try and make her keep the child as the nutball in Quebec tried to do?? Or was the fetus damaged in some way. It is not me that moves the goal posts. I stick to the subject and you simply do not like it. Using logical progression is not changing the subject, it merely follows it through to a reasonable conclusion.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Because they are pure evil.

I actually think someone has to be a bit nuts if they walk into an abortion clinic while 36 weeks pregnant and expect some sort of medical intervention. I doubt there's a clinic in Canada that would do anything other than call an ambulance and a psychiatrist.

DaSleeper

The article doesn't indicate it did though does it.

Proving you have selective reading ability.

Quote:

A search of the clinic after the botched abortion revealed a freezer containing 35 late-term fetuses, including one believed to have been aborted at 36 weeks, the documents show.

From the article.

Quote:

36 weeks it surely would have cried. Mine did at 34 weeks, albeit weak, but then they were both very sick. It is a bit late, but the article doesn't indicate why the woman had to wait so long....... did someone take her to court to try and make her keep the child as the nutball in Quebec tried to do?? Or was the fetus damaged in some way. It is not me that moves the goal posts.

Project much???

Quote:

I stick to the subject and you simply do not like it. Using logical progression is not changing the subject, it merely follows it through to a reasonable conclusion.

Most of your post, is all about yourself....are you so self centered that everything is about you?????

bluebyrd35

What definition of life are you using? Sperm meets egg? I'm not convinced that this is a scientific argument.

I've always viewed newborns as being just like me, with the only significant difference being that I have years of experience and the newborn has none. I could never view a newborn as something less than a complete human, yet I get the impression that you view newborn babies as tissue??? Is that correct?

Of course not, sperm meets egg is a religious view. Hens eggs, .when the flock has a rooster may be fertilized when we eat them. They need an incubation period of 21 days, to produce a chick. You will see no evidence of those changes in your fry pan as long as you collect the eggs daily.

Newborns of course are not merely tissue, they have started to become aware. In fact, many newborns, by the first breath or at end of their first day have already begun to develop personality. The birth experience itself may be the trigger of that awareness, I don't know. I do know that looking into a newborn nursery at feeding time, produces a lot of different reactions to hunger.

It is not up to me to decide when awareness begins, I do know inspite of all the romantic ideas, this cannot possibly happen before 22 or 23 weeks and probably not even then. The thing to remember, is from 22 weeks on, that bit of fertilized tissue is merely capable of becoming an aware individual; it is not certainly not there yet.

Like everything else about life, it is not an instantaneous event but something that happens gradually. I am against the abolishment of abortions; and am not in favour of late term abortions, except when the health of the mother is in question.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Proving you have selective reading ability.

From the article.

Project much???

Most of your post, is all about yourself....are you so self centered that everything is about you?????

Moving the goal posts are you?? Try keeping on topic for a change. Hatred is a very debilitating emotion.

DaSleeper

Moving the goal posts are you?? Try keeping on topic for a change. Hatred is a very debilitating emotion.

Your unbiased medical opinion heh?
You're obvious to everybody but yourself..

L Gilbert
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Call me a 'crazy' person if you like.... I'm pro-life... but ironically, late term abortions are some of the few that I would actually support once I got researching and being honest about my desire to see people live.

Crazy right? But, late term abortions are some of the very few that are actually done to save a mother's life. Make late term abortion illegal, and you preserve the right to abort for convenience sake, while removing the right to abort to save a mother's life. What sense does that make?

Yep. It's the main reason why I think abortions are ok as long as they are done for purely medical reasons. And I don't mind paying taxes to have them done. Any other motivation for abortions doesn't hold up as reasons. They are mere excuses and are trivial.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yep. It's the main reason why I think abortions are ok as long as they are done for purely medical reasons. And I don't mind paying taxes to have them done. Any other motivation for abortions doesn't hold up as reasons. They are mere excuses and are trivial.

This is my conundrum... I'm pro-life. TRULY, pro-life. I think the best possible outcome of any pregnancy is that as many people survive it as possible. Thus I don't really fit into any one agenda. I hate abortion at 8 weeks when the pro-choice say I should leave well enough alone, yet can find pity for abortions at 30 weeks when the pro-life tell me I should condemn.