Maryland Abortion Doctors Charged With Murder

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

If there is a concerted effort to establish eugenics, how come the world population has tripled in the last 50 years?

Why are Planned Parenthood abortion clinics mainly in poor black and hispanic neighbourhoods and ratio of 6 non-white abortions to 1 white?

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

What makes a child "unwanted"? Not fashionable?

Economic stress, emotional instability... there are as many factors as those who have to make the choice. I don't have any answers, but I can have empathy, having had to deal, personally, with some women who had to make that choice. It is naver easy and it is always emotionally devastating. I find it difficult to take men seriously who are anti-abortion because they have no way to comprehend what a woman has to go through. Sure, it easy to say that she should have thought about that before sex, but there is always circumstances beyond her control (broken condom, contraception didn't do its job, forgot to take her pill but didn't realize it). Then there is the natural side of sex that once turned on, logic flies out the window. Nature is a more powerful force than thought.

Why are Planned Parenthood abortion clinics mainly in poor black and hispanic neighbourhoods and ratio of 6 non-white abortions to 1 white?

Extreme poverty?

petros
+1
Poverty is an excuse.

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Can a guy be in favour of cars without having to own one himself?

Have you spent much time with teen age unwed mothers? Do you have any idea what hell they went through because their parents forced them to have a child they were not emotionally equipped to raise, nurture and care for? I ran a youth club for teens that dealt with these kids. Many of these kids end up hating their child because it robs them of their own youth. Anti-abortionists do not consider the well being of the mother. Their emotional attachment is to the idea of life with no practical application to realities. If they are going to force these children to have babies, they should man up and raise the kid themselves.

petros

Have you spent much time with teen age unwed mothers? Do you have any idea what hell they went through because their parents forced them to have a child they were not emotionally equipped to raise, nurture and care for? I ran a youth club for teens that dealt with these kids. Many of these kids end up hating their child because it robs them of their own youth. Anti-abortionists do not consider the well being of the mother. Their emotional attachment is to the idea of life with no practical application to realities. If they are going to force these children to have babies, they should man up and raise the kid themselves.

What about those who are pressured into abortion by bull**** excuses or had it done and kept it a secret their enire lives? How many women do you think have deep regrets once the party is over? If girls weren't emotionally or physically capable of being mother's in their teens the body wouldn't let them.

gerryh
+4
the OP is about a doctor that was performing late term abortions. As late as 36 weeks. Naturally, the "pro choicers" could NEVER accept that even late term is wrong. KILL EM ALL is the rallying cry.

petros
+4
It's not Pro-Choice. It's all Pro-Excuse and Pro-Irresponsibility.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

the OP is about a doctor that was performing late term abortions. As late as 36 weeks. Naturally, the "pro choicers" could NEVER accept that even late term is wrong. KILL EM ALL is the rallying cry.

Now you are jumping to conclusions. I'm responding to posts, not the thread. It happens. Late term should only be allowed if the mother's life is in danger. That is my opinion, just like the rest of the opinions on here. You don't know the circumstances that cause woman to abort. That is between her and her maker. In the end, it is none of our business. We don't carry the baby to term and many women are faced with abandonment by parents, family and the father. By your comment, you are letting your emotions control your logic. The judgement is up to god not you.

gerryh

Now you are jumping to conclusions. I'm responding to posts, not the thread. It happens. Late term should only be allowed if the mother's life is in danger. That is my opinion, just like the rest of the opinions on here. You don't know the circumstances that cause woman to abort. That is between her and her maker. In the end, it is none of our business. We don't carry the baby to term and many women are faced with abandonment by parents, family and the father. By your comment, you are letting your emotions control your logic. The judgement is up to god not you.

Really, so murderers should not be judged at all by mankind. Any others you think should get a pass? Besides murderers that is....

Cliffy

Really, so murderers should not be judged at all by mankind. Any others you think should get a pass? Besides murderers that is....

It is your belief that abortion is murder. It is obviously not the opinion of most Canadians.

gerryh

It is your belief that abortion is murder. It is obviously not the opinion of most Canadians.

Late term.....36 weeks.... that's the OP

JLM

I guess they can "soft peddle" it as terminating a life!

Niflmir
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

No we are not. Our opinion IS based on science and ethics. It's YOUR opinion that is based on your atheist dogma, rhetoric, and emotions.

Atheist dogma? Who do I look to for the authority on atheism? That is a silly assertion.

pro lifer is a misnomer. There are very few "pro lifers" but there are a hell of alot of anti abortionists. Just like pro choice is a misnomer. The baby has no choice in the matter.

I'd also like to add, that is it is the baby's who's life is the one that is the most profoundly effected by the "choice" being made.

Actually, pro-choice is the perfect label.

Do you know that there are certain Christian sects (I will leave which ones as an exercise) which would like to take away your right to donate your kidney or part of your liver? Heck they don't even think you should be allowed to donate blood. They want to take away your choice to remove and insert things into your body. Other religions don't even think you should be allowed to get piercings or tattoos.

Well, I am pro-choice. You should be able to remove whatever you want from or do whatever you want to your own body. Of course the thing inside of me doesn't get a choice on whether it gets to stay: it is my body.

petros
Quote:

Well, I am pro-choice. You should be able to remove whatever you want from or do
whatever you want to your own body. Of course the thing inside of me doesn't get
a choice on whether it gets to stay: it is my body.

Can I remove people from the planet? It's my planet. I'm smarter, bigger, faster than they are. I'm productive, they aren't.

bluebyrd35

Can I remove people from the planet? It's my planet. I'm smarter, bigger, faster than they are. I'm productive, they aren't.

If they took up residence in your body, and you weren't quite ready to take on the world, I bet you would LOL.

No it isn't, not until it draws it first breath .....according to the biblical god in any case. Fortunately, our society frowns on late term abortions, which makes us a bit more civilized than god, I believe.

Nope, if one believes the biblical god, HE alone breathes life into a new born!! It's first breath signals god has done his job!!

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

If they took up residence in your body, and you weren't quite ready to take on the world, I bet you would LOL.

Would you stand up to me and try to take my life the same way you would unborn child or do you know I'd kick your ***?

It takes a real loser to kill someone defenceless but I know for fact you'd fear coming face to face with me because I'm not a couple kg and just a few cm tall and I would take your life.

JLM

No it isn't, not until it draws it first breath .....according to the biblical god in any case. Fortunately, our society frowns on late term abortions, which makes us a bit more civilized than god, I believe.

Nope, if one believes the biblical god, HE alone breathes life into a new born!! It's first breath signals god has done his job!!

Not everyone subscribes to belief in a Bibical God!

bluebyrd35

Would you stand up to me and try to take my life the same way you would unborn child or do you know I'd kick your ***?

It takes a real loser to kill someone defenseless but I know for fact you'd fear coming face to face with me because I'm not a couple kg and just a few cm tall.

Ahhh for pete's sake, I suppose that makes god a real loser then, because there are a fair number of spontaneous abortions and those can and do occur at times late in a pregnancy. Are these just mistakes?? Oh but god doesn't make mistakes does he?? So surely this must make god a murderer and a life terminator.

So do you threaten all those who disagree with you?? A woman's reproductive system is NOT your business!!

Not everyone subscribes to belief in a Bibical God!

Quite right. Do you??

Kreskin
+1
Some women have immunological issues. Their immune systems are over-responsive and will attack embryos, even those created by God. Should they be forced onto a medication protocol if they continue with such negligence?

petros

Ahhh for pete's sake, I suppose that makes god a real loser then, because there are a fair number of spontaneous abortions and those can and do occur at times late in a pregnancy. Are these just mistakes?? Oh but god doesn't make mistakes does he?? So surely this must make god a murderer and a life terminator.

So do you threaten all those who disagree with you?? A woman's reproductive system is NOT your business!!

I never threatened you. Did you feel threatened? Only someone who can't defend themselves are overcome with a feeling of helplessness and fear. Why are you afraid? Can't you defend yourself?

JLM
+1

Quite right. Do you??

I definitely believe in a supreme power. Man Was obviously planned by something greater than man. Mother Nature is a satisfactory description. Although at times I've seen an indication that "someone" is looking after me, I'm more convinced that the race as a whole is a greater concern to whoever it is than the individual. But like everyone else in the world, I DO NOT KNOW.

bluebyrd35
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Some women have immunological issues. Their immune systems are over-responsive and will attack embryos, even those created by God. Should they be forced onto a medication protocol if they continue with such negligence?

LOL.... The justifications for interfering with an individuals choice seem to get wierder & wierder.

petros
+1

LOL.... The justifications for interfering with an individuals choice seem to get wierder & wierder.

Do you mean weirder? Looks like you're losing your cognative abilities. You are also going to have to pay taxes and will stub your toe in the next 12 months. I'm going to do you a favour and take your life. Is that okay with you?

JLM

Do you mean weirder? Looks like you're losing your cognative abilities. You are also going to have to pay taxes and will stub your toe in the next 12 months. I'm going to do you a favour and take your life. Is that okay with you?

She's programmed to "i before e except after c". But hasn't been programmed to "there is an exception to every rule" Petros, I have a question for you on the thread I started on purchasing a vehicle.

bluebyrd35
[QUOTE=petros;1530711]but I know for fact you'd fear coming face to face with me because I'm not a couple kg and just a few cm tall. ( QUOTE]

This isn't a threat?? Well geez it sure looks like one to me. And no I do not fear you......unless you happen to be carrying a concealed weapon and have no control over your temper.

Now back to the topic......provide evidence that an embryo knows fear or amusement or any other emotion. Actually,even new borns know only hunger, unless someone deliberately hurts them repeatedly. Then they might associate a person or a repeated event with the hurt. Ever watch a child under 5 months get an injection. They do not fear the needle. They will look startled and then puzzled and then perhaps cry!! A minute later, all smiles again.

How much memory do you have of your time in the womb?
Could that possibly be because you were not yet a sentient individual?? Not yet an aware being ? Of course it was. When a child takes it's first breath, that is the time it begins the long journey to becoming an aware human being. Some even then do not......ie psychopaths. Oh they look normal but they aren't are they??

If that psychopath kills people, or simply injures them, does society have the right to eliminate them?? In my opinion no, because they are already an aware being on the human journey. That journey was interrupted through no fault of their own. The key difference an impregnated cell and even a partially developed aware being is enormous. One has developed emotions even if stunted and the other has not managed a fully developed brain or nervous system.

One other thing, while the bible declares that god gives newborn life with his breath, it is the doctor, or midwife who actually makes that happen. Breathing used to be started with a back slap, now it is done by massage. In nature, it is often the cleaning of a newborn by the animal that starts life.

petros
Quote:

Now back to the topic......provide evidence that an embryo knows fear or
amusement or any other emotion

Twin babies in uterus - YouTube (external - login to view)

bluebyrd35

Trying to derail the discussion?? Of course you are, because you have very little to support your position.

petros
+1
My position is you are inferior to me and therefore a burden.

I'd really hate to have to see you pay more taxes or stub you toe as well. Hell you might even get fat.

bluebyrd35

My position is you are inferior to me and therefore a burden.

I'd really hate to have to see you pay more taxes or stub you toe as well. Hell you might even get fat.

Ahhh yes, typical. The usual macho bluster when unable to formulate a decently thought out rebuttal.

petros
+1
I gave you a "cute" version of twins playing before birth. Check into it. They play, they fight, they wake each other up if bored. They know what's going on.