Maryland Abortion Doctors Charged With Murder

eh1eh
Many other animals kill their young. They even eat them. I guess humans are superior and shouldn't do as the rest of the animal kingdom. Humans have a divine right that, for some reason that escapes my understanding, all other living beings on this planet aren't privileged enough to to possess.
I guess I should have pumished my gerbils back when I was a kid and they ate their young.

bluebyrd35
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Many other animals kill their young. They even eat them. I guess humans are superior and shouldn't do as the rest of the animal kingdom. Humans have a divine right that, for some reason that escapes my understanding, all other living beings on this planet aren't privileged enough to to possess.
I guess I should have pumished my gerbils back when I was a kid and they ate their young.

Young cats and pigs also eat their young. Cows probably would but they lack the teeth to do so. Actually humans have always killed their young, just very rarely do they eat them.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

To the religious fanatics using contraceptives is a sin. So is sex for fun. But butt****ing little boys is OK for their leaders.

Yes and they never have to use the notoriously flawed rhythm system!! Women who use birth control and abortion, are considered sinners or murderers. Now, those who have made the female reproductive system their business, believe molesting little boys, is simply a matter of shuffling those butt*****rs into a new marketplace. Oddly enough those who make the most noise about child abusers are right in the forefront in condemnation of homosexuals and female right to dominion over their bodies.

What is the answer?? Making it a priority to develop a method whereby, a male anti-abortionist would be forced to receive and bring to term a fertilized human egg. Of course, they must be responsible for the care and support of the egg for their lifetime.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

To the religious fanatics using contraceptives is a sin. So is sex for fun. But butt****ing little boys is OK for their leaders.

No it's not, but you're too brain dead to realize it. I'm sure you would PREFER that buttholing little kids was ok.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Young cats and pigs also eat their young. Cows probably would but they lack the teeth to do so. Actually humans have always killed their young, just very rarely do they eat them.

Yes and they never have to use the notoriously flawed rhythm system!! Women who use birth control and abortion, are considered sinners or murderers. Now, those who have made the female reproductive system their business, believe molesting little boys, is simply a matter of shuffling those butt*****rs into a new marketplace. Oddly enough those who make the most noise about child abusers are right in the forefront in condemnation of homosexuals and female right to dominion over their bodies.

What is the answer?? Making it a priority to develop a method whereby, a male anti-abortionist would be forced to receive and bring to term a fertilized human egg. Of course, they must be responsible for the care and support of the egg for their lifetime.

Really? There is so much wrong with the above post it is unbelievable.

L Gilbert
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

It would have made the starting point of any debate on any legal prohibitions on abortion be that you are discussing the life of a genetically complete human being, conceived in its full human potential by God,

....but physiologically incomplete. A single cell is genetically complete. Is it a human, or just a human cell?
It doesn't have full potential if it isn't able to survive outside the womb
Evidence?
Oh, shucks, there goes a large chunk of your debate ammo.

Quote:

Despite a massive campaign against it, and its defeat being portrayed as 'overwhelming' in the mainstream media.. it, in fact, garnered 45% of the vote.

Based upon what? Religious dogma and rhetoric, not science or ethics.
Quote:

This after decades of feminist babble of woman's health (a first time abortion has devastating health implications for the mother, increasing the liklihood of breast cancer and other diseases many fold), and the 'human right' of mothers to murder their infants has dominated, to the exclusion of any opposing opinion, the accepted ethos in the press, in educational and political discourse.

Correction, "MAY have devastating health implications...." Being alive period, has potential to be devastating.

Quote:

It showed me that the fundamental values on which Western civilization was built, and without which it will fracture and collapse, still resonates in substantial numbers. And appears in cases like the indictment of the doctors, which surface from time to time.

Yeah, it's obvious that a lot of people are still hinging their opinion upon religious dogma and rhetoric, emotions, etc. instead of science and ethics.
Quote:

A few people still think the glass is half full with respect to the future of the West, although i, truth be told, am quite pessimistic.

Oh. Life's a bitch for you, I guess.
Last edited by L Gilbert; Jan 7th, 2012 at 07:28 PM..

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yeah, it's obvious that a lot of people are still hinging their opinion upon religious dogma and rhetoric, emotions, etc. instead of science and ethics.

No we are not. Our opinion IS based on science and ethics. It's YOUR opinion that is based on your atheist dogma, rhetoric, and emotions.

SLED Defend the Unborn with Scott Klusendorf - YouTube

Spade
+1
If the right-to-lifers were as passionate about the abolition of capital punishment (USA) and working for peace (everywhere), they would gain my respect.

PS to Alley
Your avatar is hugely inconsistent.

gerryh
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If the right-to-lifers were as passionate about the abolition of capital punishment (USA) and working for peace (everywhere), they would gain my respect.

pro lifer is a misnomer. There are very few "pro lifers" but there are a hell of alot of anti abortionists. Just like pro choice is a misnomer. The baby has no choice in the matter.

I'd also like to add, that is it is the baby's who's life is the one that is the most profoundly effected by the "choice" being made.

In Between Man

For the record I myself am against capital punishment, but you have to remember than an unborn child is innocent whereas a convicted murderer is not. Since that unborn child is completely innocent and hasn't even had a chance at life yet, you can see why the greater passion on protecting the sanctity of life for the unborn rather than the sanctity of life for a convict.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

For the record I myself am against capital punishment, but you have to remember than an unborn child is innocent whereas a convicted murderer is not. Since that unborn child is completely innocent and hasn't even had a chance at life yet, you can see why the greater passion on protecting the sanctity of life for the unborn rather than the sanctity of life for a convict.

If you're talking about the "sanctity of life", it matters not who's life.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

If you're talking about the "sanctity of life", it matters not who's life.

Hmm, yes. Good point.

L Gilbert

Quote:

SLED Defend the Unborn with Scott Klusendorf - YouTube

wow I am sure impressed by this soundclip of a guy that is practised in debating the issue winning an argument (which he spins into his control) over a couple laypeople on a plane. (sarcasm)

Quote:

No we are not. Our opinion IS based on science and ethics. It's YOUR opinion that is based on your atheist dogma, rhetoric, and emotions.

Sorry, but I said a lot of people are hinging their opinions upon religious dogma, etc. I didn't say every one of you is.
So what is the atheist dogma and rhetoric? And what is it based upon?
Me, emotional? roflmao You got that right; I am amused.

So what gives anyone the right to sentence a mother to death to save her kid? And what gives anyone the right to sentence a kid to a very short life filled with nothing but pain and misery?

In Between Man

wow I am sure impressed by this soundclip of a guy that is practised in debating the issue winning an argument (which he spins into his control) over a couple laypeople on a plane. (sarcasm)

Sorry, but I said a lot of people are hinging their opinions upon religious dogma, etc. I didn't say every one of you is.

You are just reasserting yourself instead of adding anything to the debate. Listen to the video again, pick its argument apart bit and bit and tell us how each point it makes is incorrect. S - L - E - D

Quote:

So what gives anyone the right to sentence a mother to death to save her kid? And what gives anyone the right to sentence a kid to a very short life filled with nothing but pain and misery?

So what gives anyone the right to sentence an unborn child to death to save the mother "inconvenience"? And what gives anyone the right to sentence a human being to death because we "think" it will have a life filled with pain and misery?

Down Syndrome people overwhelmingly tell us they are happy, yet thousands possibly millions of them are murdered in the womb because we put no value on a Down Syndrome life. Sad.

Spade
+1
And war?...heard you were a Bush fan
Tell me it ain't so...

JLM

There's an exception to every rule and that one I agree with................save the mother. In many cases (with advances in medicine) we don't know how long a child will survive and the intensity of pain and misery!

In Between Man

And war?...

Like everyone else on the planet, I don't like war. Everyone is "pro-peace" but not everyone realizes that inherently means we have to be anti-bully.

Quote:

heard you were a Bush fan
Tell me it ain't so...

Ya know who else I'm a fan of? Justin Bieber!

Spade
By bombing civilians?

In Between Man

By bombing civilians?

Who? Bush?

Spade
+1

WAR Aviation - Shock amp Awe Bombing Of Baghdad - Operation Ir - YouTube

"Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:"
Jeremiah 5: 21

In Between Man
Scary:

And what gives anyone the right to sentence a kid to a very short life filled with nothing but pain and misery?

Wretched Margaret Sanger39s Biggest Sin - YouTube

petros
+2

Ya know who else I'm a fan of? Justin Bieber!

I'm worried about you.

earth_as_one

Is it possible for man-made law (or lack of law) to be wrong?

Of course it is. But that doesn't mean it is in this case.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Does anyone here agree with late term abortions at the 7 to 9 month stage?

I support a woman's right to choose... up to a point. I do not support late term abortions. But I do support early term abortions at the discretion of the woman. I am unsure where to draw the line exactly, but I don't support the idea that all human life should be treated exactly the same from the moment of conception. I support incremental protections from the moment of conception. Sperm and egg, a fertilized egg, an embryo and a fetus should have different levels of protection. A fetus becomes afully protected human when it is able to live on its own.

petros
+2

Scary:

Wretched Margaret Sangers Biggest Sin - YouTube

Planned Parenthood is Sanger's eugenics beliefs in action.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I'm worried about you.

JB is a talented, down-to-earth young man. This world needs more Justin Biebers!

JLM
+1
I've said it before (a dozen times) and I'll say it again. This debate will never come to a conclusion as long as the mother thinks her convenience is paramount and others think that a fetus is human and deserves to live!

petros

JB is a talented, down-to-earth young man. This world needs more Justin Biebers!

Good marketing.

Cliffy
+1
Just how many unwanted children, if abortion was outlawed, would anti-abortionist adopt?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Just how many unwanted children, if abortion was outlawed, would anti-abortionist adopt?

What makes a child "unwanted"? Not fashionable? Mother will get fat? She won't get an education? She'll live in poverty?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Planned Parenthood is Sanger's eugenics beliefs in action.

If there is a concerted effort to establish eugenics, how come the world population has tripled in the last 50 years?

earth_as_one
+1
I respect all life. I also swat mosquitoes when they bite me.

While a fertilized egg has the potential to become a fully protected human being, so does a sperm and an egg. Men who masterbate are wasting that potential. I suppose the zealous here would also want to punish men for wasting their sperm.

BTW, crime rates typically start to fall about 18 years after abortion becomes legal:
The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Can a guy be in favour of cars without having to own one himself?