Maryland Abortion Doctors Charged With Murder

Kreskin
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I'm brain-dead....I gave you a greenie when I didn't intend to.......although you seem to be the only supporter of open-ended abortion "rights" here with the cojones to say so....I'll give you that.

The hesitation you display is the result of the inherent knowledge that killing a viable unborn child is simply wrong....indefensible. No matter how you try to reason it out.

36 weeks is term......please explain the difference between that and cutting the baby's throat after it is born???

Which they may have been doing...............wouldn't be the first time.

Under what circumstances was it done? Unless there are some incredibly dire circumstances, a woman and her doctor won't be doing that. Of course it makes sense to deliver it and adopt out, if there aren't serious other issues. I suspect there is a huge untold story. And since the woman has ultimate authority of her own domain she has the final say.

petros
+1
They literally stop delivery at the last minute and stab the baby in the brain stem. Look it up.

Kreskin
+3
Induced abortion chart

Possible reasons for late term:

Trisomy 21: Down Syndrome

Trisomy 13 & 18: mental retardation, 90 percent of babies born with it die before the age of 1.

Anencephaly: a severe head disorder, occurs when the head end of the neural tube fails to close, absence of a major portion of the brain, skull, and scalp. Children with this disorder are born without a forebrain, the largest part of the brain. The remaining brain tissue is often exposed—not covered by bone or skin.

Polycystic Kidney Disease: cysts on the babies kidney. It takes many years for this to cause the kidneys to fail and can be treated with dialysis or kidney transplantation. 600,000 people in the U.S. are living with PKD.

Spina Bifida: the most common permanently disabling birth defect in the U.S. The spine of the baby fails to close, he or she won’t be able to walk. 70,000 people in the U.S. are living with SB.

Hydrocephalus: there is an excessive amount of fluid in the brain. Infants experience vomiting, large head size, sleepiness, irritability, downward deviation of the eyes (“sunsetting”) and seizures. Older children and adults may experience different symptoms such as, headache followed by vomiting, nausea, papilledema (swelling of the optic disk which is part of the optic nerve), blurred or double vision, sunsetting, problems with balance, poor coordination, gait disturbance, urinary incontinence, slowing or loss of developmental progress, lethargy, drowsiness, irritability, or other changes in personality or cognition including memory loss. Hydrocephalus is very treatable.

Potter’s Syndrome: there is a total absence or malformation of infant kidneys. Vast majority of babies die at birth or shortly afterwards.

Lethal Dwarfism: this is very rare. Some symptoms are a large head, wide front fontanel, corneal clouding, closed off ear canals, and very short arms. Nearly half of the babies that have this die before they’re born.

Holoprosencephaly: In most cases, the brain does not divide into lobes, which severely deforms the skull and face. Sometimes the brain is partially or nearly divided, making the symptoms much less severe. In the absolute worst cases, the baby dies in the womb.

Anterior and Posterior Encephalocele: this complication leads to chromosomal anomaly, most common anomaly being Trisomy 18. Patients with an anterior encephalocele have a 100% survival rate, but only 55% in persons with a posterior encephalocele. Encephalocele reduces the chance of live birth to 21%, and only half of those live births survive. Approximately 75% of survivors have a mental deficit. The absence of brain tissue in the herniated sac is the single most favorable prognostic feature for survival.

Non-Immune Hydrops: Excess of extra-cellular fluid in two or more sites without any identifiable circulating antibody to red cell antigens. There are treatments to perform while the baby is still in the womb, however the prognosis is generally very poor with very high peri-natal mortality.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Induced abortion chart

Polycystic Kidney Disease: cysts on the babies kidney. It takes many years for this to cause the kidneys to fail and can be treated with dialysis or kidney transplantation. 600,000 people in the U.S. are living with PKD.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with that disease at age 33 and died a couple of years ago aged 76.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

A friend of mine was diagnosed with that disease at age 33 and died a couple of years ago aged 76.

Sounds like his mom made the right choice.

petros
+1

100% dead.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

James Elgin Gill (born on 20 May 1987 in Ottawa, Canada) was the earliest premature baby in the world. He was 128 days premature (21 weeks and 5 days gestation) and weighed 1 pound 6 ounces (624 g). He survived and is quite healthy.[90][91]
Amillia Taylor is also often cited as the most-premature baby.[92] She was born on 24 October 2006 in Miami, Florida, at 21 weeks and 6 days gestation.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
As the report said the timeline is somewhat misleading. By the normal measure of pregnancy it was 23.5 weeks. when an egg is fertilized the pregnancy is usually considered to be 2 weeks and 2-5 days along.

www.ivf.ca/duedate.php (external - login to view)
Last edited by Kreskin; Dec 30th, 2011 at 11:39 PM..

petros
He survived and is quite healthy.

coldstream
In Mississippi in November a ballot initiative that would deem all human life to have begun at conception, the only principle that is consistent with a Christian or theistic construct of Creation, was defeated by voters.

It would have made the starting point of any debate on any legal prohibitions on abortion be that you are discussing the life of a genetically complete human being, conceived in its full human potential by God, and therefor, having inalienable rights accorded by the U.S. Constitution.. instead of making that a trivial afterthought.

Despite a massive campaign against it, and its defeat being portrayed as 'overwhelming' in the mainstream media.. it, in fact, garnered 45% of the vote. This after decades of feminist babble of woman's health (a first time abortion has devastating health implications for the mother, increasing the liklihood of breast cancer and other diseases many fold), and the 'human right' of mothers to murder their infants has dominated, to the exclusion of any opposing opinion, the accepted ethos in the press, in educational and political discourse.

It showed me that the fundamental values on which Western civilization was built, and without which it will fracture and collapse, still resonates in substantial numbers. And appears in cases like the indictment of the doctors, which surface from time to time. A few people still think the glass is half full with respect to the future of the West, although i, truth be told, am quite pessimistic.
Last edited by coldstream; Dec 31st, 2011 at 09:51 AM..

Niflmir
+5
There is nothing special about humans. If something is growing inside of my body, I can decide to remove it. Whether it is my kidney or a fetus is unimportant, if it is in my body, it is my decision on whether it gets to stay.

If its viable, I *might* be willing to grant that its death is gross negligence causing death. It is hard to imagine that there was not a better time to deal with it prior to the point of viability. There are plenty of people trying to adopt newborns, if you got that far, just go through with it. Furthermore, there are pills nowadays that will eject the contents of one's uterus early on much like sticking fingers down your throat ejects the contents of one's stomach. The problem is that the anti-choice crowd doesn't want society to have the choice that pill gives.

Eating meat is as much murder as abortion, I'd argue more actually. There is nothing morally special about a human, despite the question begging by religious zealots.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

Is it possible for man-made law (or lack of law) to be wrong?

OPf course it is. Otherwise these doctors would not be charged. This law is clearly an intervention of the separation of church and state.
It is between the woman and her doctor if and when she has an abortion. No input from religious fanatics is required.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by NiflmirView Post

There is nothing special about humans. If something is growing inside of my body, I can decide to remove it. Whether it is my kidney or a fetus is unimportant, if it is in my body, it is my decision on whether it gets to stay.

If its viable, I *might* be willing to grant that its death is gross negligence causing death. It is hard to imagine that there was not a better time to deal with it prior to the point of viability. There are plenty of people trying to adopt newborns, if you got that far, just go through with it. Furthermore, there are pills nowadays that will eject the contents of one's uterus early on much like sticking fingers down your throat ejects the contents of one's stomach. The problem is that the anti-choice crowd doesn't want society to have the choice that pill gives.

Eating meat is as much murder as abortion, I'd argue more actually. There is nothing morally special about a human, despite the question begging by religious zealots.

It's all about whose behalf you are making the choice for!

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

OPf course it is. Otherwise these doctors would not be charged. This law is clearly an intervention of the separation of church and state.
It is between the woman and her doctor if and when she has an abortion. No input from religious fanatics is required.

Is there ANYTHING the religious fanatics don't want to stick their noses into?

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I've heard every excuse for abortion and it's not a free choice going by the bull**** excuses and pressures we put up with.

You have your experience, I have mine.

It is a free choice. If it wasn't, apparently, you wouldn't have done what you did. Or are you saying that what you did do was wrong, and you were pressured into it?

Niflmir
+1

It's all about whose behalf you are making the choice for!

I really wish they'd keep it out of my bedroom. These people have got to be the prudest perverts out there. Nothing but missionary's ok (prude) but I'm sure they would love to have a camera in everyone's bedroom (perverts).

WLDB

Too far into their own beliefs. They'll realize there are too many problems if they do.

Goober
Does anyone here agree with late term abortions at the 7 to 9 month stage?

gerryh
+2 / -1

I really wish they'd keep it out of my bedroom. These people have got to be the prudest perverts out there. Nothing but missionary's ok (prude) but I'm sure they would love to have a camera in everyone's bedroom (perverts).

Really? Maybe you should STFU about shyte you don't have a clue about. I am FAR froma prude, but I would rather be called a prude than to be a murderer and/or a supporter of murder like you.

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Too far into their own beliefs. They'll realize there are too many problems if they do.

So you, along with the brain dead niflmir approve of late term abortions then.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Obviously the 2 two murderers above you do.

JLM

Sadly many do. But this topic of discussion is hopeless as long as the host mistakenly thinks her well being if of the primary essence!

taxslave

Now that would depend entirely on the situation. Mostly on the mother's health.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Really? Maybe you should STFU about shyte you don't have a clue about. I am FAR froma prude, but I would rather be called a prude than to be a murderer and/or a supporter of murder like you.

And do tell us how many unwanted babies you have adopted.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

N
And do tell us how many unwanted babies you have adopted.

Another murderer that doesn't have a clue. The facts are that there are more adoptive parents waiting for baby's than there are baby's waiting for adoption. It is a completely asinine argument that it's better to kill the baby's than have them born.

Kreskin

Another murderer that doesn't have a clue. The facts are that there are more adoptive parents waiting for baby's than there are baby's waiting for adoption. It is a completely asinine argument that it's better to kill the baby's than have them born.

How many are lining up to adopt babies with severe disabilities or those expected to die within a yeare of birth?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

How many are lining up to adopt babies with severe disabilities or those expected to die within a yeare of birth?

You make a good point, but it doesn't justify killing them. Kind of raises another issue too (I'm going to have to keep my head down) but I'll go ahead and say it. Whose benefit is being considered by women who delay child birth until very close to the onset of menopause, knowing full well, that generally speaking younger mums give birth to healthier babies?

Niflmir
+1

Wow! Knee jerk much?

Good to know that you self identify as a religious fanatic, otherwise there is no reason for you to think I was calling you a prude. I'm sorry you took offense at my comment. I did not think anyone would self-identify as a fanatic and so think I was implying they were a prude.

It would be nice if you tried to add something to the discussion though.

gerryh

Wow! Knee jerk much?

Good to know that you self identify as a religious fanatic, otherwise there is no reason for you to think I was calling you a prude. I'm sorry you took offense at my comment. I did not think anyone would self-identify as a fanatic and so think I was implying they were a prude.

It would be nice if you tried to add something to the discussion though.

then, what do "religious fanatics" have to do with these 2 murdering abortionists being charged?

Niflmir

then, what do "religious fanatics" have to do with these 2 murdering abortionists being charged?

It was an aside to JLM in an attempt at, you know, be friendly with him. Again, I'm sorry you weren't able to see that from my post.

In relation to your question begging (on abortion being murder), see my post previous to the one that offended you.

bluebyrd35
+1
If abortionist are murderers, then are condom users kidnappers??? Seems reasonable to me LOL.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

If abortionist are murderers, then are condom users kidnappers??? Seems reasonable to me LOL.

THAT is not surprising!

bluebyrd35

THAT is not surprising!

Quite right , not being a righteous, blind religionist, I see the comical and the ludicrous.

I believe the RC Christian church still considers birth control as murder. At least I have reduced the sentence to kidnapper LOL

taxslave
+1

To the religious fanatics using contraceptives is a sin. So is sex for fun. But butt****ing little boys is OK for their leaders.

Spade

Quite right , not being a righteous, blind religionist, I see the comical and the ludicrous.

I believe the RC Christian church still considers birth control as murder. At least I have reduced the sentence to kidnapper LOL

To be fair to the Church, the prohibition of birth control does not apply to Canadian Catholics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Statement (external - login to view)