SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

?????

Well put.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by carmen2010View Post

I agree fully with your wording about the boasting in the press. This cavalier manner of letting "done deals" slip out without a single mutter from the opposition is beyond cronyism. The National Post is flagrant in its support of Harper and all the MPs, in fact. I do also note that very few times are the ministers able to piece together a well turned phrase. Harper's "no brainer". Is that a way to express oneself? There's also a swagger that comes from being a bully that is not honorable, but loves to show the upper hand constantly. I do hope Quebec turns the tables to retain the registry.
By the way, I'm new to this forum. Can Albertans please give me some insight into why they want the guns so much? I don't get it.
What Chretien did was in response to École Polytechnique massacre. To focus on the cost and to claim it not worth its value is rubbish talk. Police want it. I want guns out of the hands of civilians. What the young man was doing with 3 guns, loaded in his pickup is clearly due to gun culture. Hand guns even with registration, ought to be so prohibitively expensive, with annual check by police, that few should have them. The yahoo culture is no longer acceptable to modern times. What is this killing of animals for the sake of self satisfaction?

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Another no brains citidiot hraed from.

Colpy
+1

I agree fully with your wording about the boasting in the press. This cavalier manner of letting "done deals" slip out without a single mutter from the opposition is beyond cronyism. The National Post is flagrant in its support of Harper and all the MPs, in fact. I do also note that very few times are the ministers able to piece together a well turned phrase. Harper's "no brainer". Is that a way to express oneself? There's also a swagger that comes from being a bully that is not honorable, but loves to show the upper hand constantly. I do hope Quebec turns the tables to retain the registry.
By the way, I'm new to this forum. Can Albertans please give me some insight into why they want the guns so much? I don't get it.
What Chretien did was in response to École Polytechnique massacre. To focus on the cost and to claim it not worth its value is rubbish talk. Police want it. I want guns out of the hands of civilians. What the young man was doing with 3 guns, loaded in his pickup is clearly due to gun culture. Hand guns even with registration, ought to be so prohibitively expensive, with annual check by police, that few should have them. The yahoo culture is no longer acceptable to modern times. What is this killing of animals for the sake of self satisfaction?

The first part of your post is almost incomprehensible..........but let me explain it this way.........Harper was elected to a majority government by promising to do a number of things........all of which have been discussed and debated ad nauseum in the 5 years that he had a minority gov;t. Now he has a majority, and he is doing what he was elected to do.

It is called democracy.

Now, the back-handed crack that you obviously consider an insult about Albertans is not only a little offensive, it is damned stupid.

Twenty seven percent of Canadian households admit to having firearms, and there are a large number of unlicensed owners that obviously can't own up to it. Canada is awash in guns, and not just out west. Gun ownership is a proud tradition, a cultural heritage, and a symbol of personal freedom and independence. That is why the people that keep arms get so upset at the dumbass attitude you so readily express, the arrogance.........and we don't like being treated like criminals.

Chretien brought in the firearms registry to get the vote of the urban ignorant. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Montreal massacre...........it was a purely political move......and it was stupid, as it contributed to the absolute destruction of the liberal Party of Canada.

There are one million handguns in Canada now. You can't have them. **** you.

And you can't have my long guns either. **** you.

Starting to get the idea?

bobnoorduyn
+2

I'll try to be nice, or at least polite here; I own firearms, I am not an Albertan. My youngest daughter is, born there and living there, but I was not and don't. That is neither her not there, having firearms is a means to protect yourself and those under your care from those whose intent is to do harm. Disarming "civilians" leaves you, and all other civilians defenseless. Is that what you want. It only leads to lawlessness and genocide, you need only look at history, or Africa today. The police are not a special class of citizen, and they carry firarms for defense of self, not you or I. They are in more danger of being in an motor vehicle accident than being accosted by an armed assailant; a night clerk at 7-11 is in far more danger of being shot than a cop, yet he or she is not availed of the same right to carry a firearm.

If you think self defense is somehow a "yahoo" culture, maybe you should live in Rwanda and see how far pacifism gets you. Thugs are thugs, doesn't matter what shape or colour they come in, or in what country you live, if you have no defense, you're just as dead.

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

I'll try to be nice, or at least polite here; I own firearms, I am not an Albertan. My youngest daughter is, born there and living there, but I was not and don't. That is neither her not there, having firearms is a means to protect yourself and those under your care from those whose intent is to do harm. Disarming "civilians" leaves you, and all other civilians defenseless. Is that what you want. It only leads to lawlessness and genocide, you need only look at history, or Africa today. The police are not a special class of citizen, and they carry firarms for defense of self, not you or I. They are in more danger of being in an motor vehicle accident than being accosted by an armed assailant; a night clerk at 7-11 is in far more danger of being shot than a cop, yet he or she is not availed of the same right to carry a firearm.

If you think self defense is somehow a "yahoo" culture, maybe you should live in Rwanda and see how far pacifism gets you. Thugs are thugs, doesn't matter what shape or colour they come in, or in what country you live, if you have no defense, you're just as dead.

I tried to be polite.....but the last few lines so reeked of ignorance and arrogance I kinda lost it.

And I'm glad.

I have a tough time suffering fools.

JLM
+1

"Can Albertans please give me some insight into why they want the guns so much?"

If you have to ask a question like that you don't have any business commenting on gun ownership!
Last edited by JLM; Dec 30th, 2011 at 11:18 AM..Reason: Clarification

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I tried to be polite.....but the last few lines so reeked of ignorance and arrogance I kinda lost it.

And I'm glad.

I have a tough time suffering fools.

I'm glad you did too, I just happened to be in a more mellow mood.