AsxHole Politicians.

Goober
Seems we have a number of threads on Political parties - How about who in Politics are just not up to par - just not gettin it - Just plain ol blabber.

So off the top of my mind I nominate

Justin Trudeau

That Goof Fantino -

Throw in McKay

Bev Oda

Minister of Veteran Affairs - For his story line of BS and caring for the troops

Oh yes - Whats her name the NDP Temp filling in.

Last but not least - The Guy with his hands on the cookie jar - Tony " Big Spender" Clemente

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Seems we have a number of threads on Political parties - How about who in Politics are just not up to par - just not gettin it - Just plain ol blabber.

Justin Trudeau

That Goof Fantino -

Throw in McKay

Bev Oda

Minister of Veteran Affairs - For his story line of BS and caring for the troops

Last but not least - The Guy with his hands on the cookie jar - Tony " Big Spender" Clemente

\
Hey Goober- We could shorten this thread up a lot by just listing the ones who are not. I'll be back in a couple of hours with my nomination for one who's not.

Tonington
+1
#3  Top Rated Post

Justin Trudeau

That Goof Fantino -

Throw in McKay

Bev Oda

Pretty good list. I'd add Harper's bulldog Baird.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

\
Hey Goober- We could shorten this thread up a lot by just listing the ones who are not. I'll be back in a couple of hours with my nomination for one who's not.

Hold on youngster - A thread on good Politicians. From Fed to Municipal.

taxslave
+1

Hold on youngster - A thread on good Politicians. From Fed to Municipal.

Going to be a mighty short list.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Going to be a mighty short list.

Yep, Gordon Gibson Sr. and Jr., Stanley Knowles, John Diefenbaker. (Moe Sihota doesn't quite qualify)

taxslave

Yep, Gordon Gibson Sr. and Jr., Stanley Knowles, John Diefenbaker. (Moe Sihota doesn't quite qualify)

If dead ones count then we also have WAC Bennett. I was just trying to think of ones that are still breathing to some extent. Slimy Sihota is near top of the list of bad politicians in Canada. Just below Cretin and Trudeau but higher than Mulroney.

Tonington
Bill Casey.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

If dead ones count then we also have WAC Bennett. I was just trying to think of ones that are still breathing to some extent. Slimy Sihota is near top of the list of bad politicians in Canada. Just below Cretin and Trudeau but higher than Mulroney.

WAC was shrewd and could handle money, but how honourable??????????????????? Gaglardi was Highways minister for the first 10 years I was with the outfit, and the sh*t he pulled would curl your hair, yet WAC seemed to back him. I heard the Contractor (from Idaho) who built the Richter Pass (between Keremeos and Osoyoos) was paid for moving "solid rock" that was actually dirt. (Don't quote me, I could never back it up in court)

Cannuck
Hedy Fry hands down. Probably the most over rated was Lougheed.

relic
+1
I'll see your Bill Casy and raise a Danny Williams.There was another good man from NB whose name escapes me at the moment,was ambassador to the US.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

I'll see your Bill Casy and raise a Danny Williams.There was another good man from NB whose name escapes me at the moment,was ambassador to the US.

McKenna

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

Yep, Danny is one of the best, they raise 'em tough in Nfld.

One of the worst in modern times has to be David Emerson, not only corrupt, but self serving and dishonest!

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Pretty good list. I'd add Harper's bulldog Baird.

Oddly enough, Irwin Cotler would disagree:

Quote:

Unlikely buddies

In a House full of dissent, Irwin Cotler, human rights expert and veteran Liberal MP, and John Baird, career politician and Foreign Affairs Minister, have become friends.
“May I say that I regard John Baird as an exemplary Foreign Minister – a quick study, a command of the files, prepared to take action and advancing thereby issues of common cause in the pursuit of justice and human rights,” Mr. Cotler told The Globe.
As a member of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on International Human Rights, Mr. Cotler and Mr. Baird have worked together on issues concerning sanctions against Iran and Syria. In addition, Mr. Cotler is international legal counsel for imprisoned Egyptian blogger Maikel Nabil. Mr. Baird immediately called in the Egyptian Ambassador and has been “active on the case ever since,” Mr. Cotler says.

Pull back the curtains for a look at what else goes in the House - The Globe and Mail

I can't stand Julian Fantino.

Nobody has mentioned Nicole Turmel??? What a joke!!!

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Oddly enough, Irwin Cotler would disagree:

Pull back the curtains for a look at what else goes in the House - The Globe and Mail

I can't stand Julian Fantino.

Nobody has mentioned Nicole Turmel??? What a joke!!!

I did in the OP - Then they have Premier dad in Ont who with his green dream will drive industry out of Ont due to the price of electricity.

Colpy
+1
Good politicians??

Preston Manning

Chuck Strahl

Deb Gray

Chuck Cadman

Goober
+1

Good politicians??

Preston Manning

Chuck Strahl

Deb Gray

Chuck Cadman

Hhmmmm - Seems to be a slight bias to the right???

JLM

Hhmmmm - Seems to be a slight bias to the right???

Could that be because good politicians are on the right? (Or at least until David Emerson got there)

Goober
+1

Could that be because good politicians are on the right? (Or at least until David Emerson got there)

Based upon common sense, No.

carmen2010
+1

Good politicians??

Preston Manning

Chuck Strahl

Deb Gray

Chuck Cadman

Preston Manning, what? A good pompous windbag. Saw him on The Agenda and he took up so much air time with his fatuous, non speak, I don't know what you call it. Trouble with politics is that people who go into it seem not to be able to say exactly what they mean using words we get. Same flabby diction. What did Manning do that was so great, besides being a reformer. (with his sites set against immigrants, gays, jobless, immigrants and criminals). His religious views made him intolerant of anyone without the God fearing backbone he felt belonged to "his kind". Rather than a list, why not discuss? I like Justin Trudeau. Or are you just going to call him down on his facial hair?

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by carmen2010View Post

Preston Manning, what? A good pompous windbag. Saw him on The Agenda and he took up so much air time with his fatuous, non speak, I don't know what you call it. Trouble with politics is that people who go into it seem not to be able to say exactly what they mean using words we get. Same flabby diction. What did Manning do that was so great, besides being a reformer. (with his sites set against immigrants, gays, jobless, immigrants and criminals). His religious views made him intolerant of anyone without the God fearing backbone he felt belonged to "his kind". Rather than a list, why not discuss? I like Justin Trudeau. Or are you just going to call him down on his facial hair?

Look up dear Justin and see how he sidles up to Castro and others of that ilk.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by carmen2010View Post

I'm not religious. I support gay rights and gay marriage. I believe immigration levels should be increased. By all accounts, I am a liberal. I not only liked Manning but volunteered for the party. I think you have bought too much into the propaganda spoon fed to you. Sure, there were nutters in the reform party but there were/are nutters in every party. Does the name Hedy Fry or Svend Robinson ring a bell?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I'm not religious. I support gay rights and gay marriage. I believe immigration levels should be increased. By all accounts, I am a liberal. I not only liked Manning but volunteered for the party. I think you have bought too much into the propaganda spoon fed to you. Sure, there were nutters in the reform party but there were/are nutters in every party. Does the name Hedy Fry or Svend Robinson ring a bell?

Are they any worse than a million other politicians across Canada? What about Paul Reitsma, Belinda Stronich, David Emerson, Moe Sihota? Need I go on?

WLDB
If we're counting all levels of government I'd say the Ford brothers would top the list of worst.