Stupid, Dumb and Just Plain Ignorant Cop Thread

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

So was she sexually harassed? A court case is needed to determine that, unless we're going to start convicting people without trials. Some news stories develop over months. Really, would you say we should throw out election results because of the robocall scandals, or wait until all the facts are in and a ruling or decision is reached?

Weird...

Whenever conflicts continue without a result satisfactory to both parties, then it's up to the court to decide, pretty much regular procedure, not really big news!

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Whenever conflicts continue without a result satisfactory to both parties, then it's up to the court to decide, pretty much regular procedure, not really big news!

You missed my point. Do you read only the first and last page of a book? Can you make a judgement based on that? Pretty hard to know what happened. Some people are genuinely interested in the who, what, when, where, why, and how. You yourself have followed many threads on this forum, and updated threads when new pieces popped up in the news...you even said you've been listening to that story develop on the radio for weeks now...

Were you dismissing that bit of news because of who posted it? You kinda lost your $hit when he responded.

JLM
+1

You missed my point. Do you read only the first and last page of a book? Can you make a judgement based on that? Pretty hard to know what happened. Some people are genuinely interested in the who, what, when, where, why, and how. You yourself have followed many threads on this forum, and updated threads when new pieces popped up in the news...

Were you dismissing that bit of news because of who posted it? You kinda lost your $hit when he responded.

Perhaps I got a little snarky with him, not realizing what he posted was big news. He'll get over it! On C.B.C. radio over the past several months there has been a lot said about various female police women voicing complaints I (probably mostly justified) so I kind of expected some of them at least might go to court. I guess in that sense the ones that are is news. I'll apologize when he apologizes to me for accusing me of being a senior who has been ripping him off.

JLM

Yep, I gotta learn to deal with sarcasm when being passed from ignorant sources.

grumpydigger
An off-duty Langley RCMP officer has been arrested, charged and suspended from duty for allegedly firing multiple shots into the wall of his home Wednesday night.
Const. Michael Roe, 46, was arrested at approximately 9 p.m. Wednesday after reports of shots fired coming from his Langley residence.
Roe, a 24-year veteran, was arrested at the scene and his gun was seized. He is currently posted to the federal drug enforcement branch.
Insp. Amrik Virk said Thursday that Roe has been suspended with pay while a parallel code of conduct investigation is done under the RCMP Act, to begin immediately.
Roe could face a suspension without pay once an investigation is complete.
“There’s a heightened level of accountability,” said Insp. Virk. “The investigation will be thorough. There’s been a full investigative team working on this since the incident.”
It is unclear why Roe fired the shots, but he was not alone in his home at the time.
Insp. Virk could not confirm if the 911 call was made from inside Roe’s residence.
Roe is facing one charge of careless use of a firearm and made an appearance Thursday in Surrey provincial court.

grumpydigger
Windsor police beating caught on tape - Windsor - CBC News CBC News has obtained video that shows a Windsor, Ont., police officer beating a doctor who is legally blind.
Det. David Van Buskirk, who attacked Dr. Tyceer Abouhassan on April 22, 2010, pleaded guilty Thursday to assault causing bodily harm.
Video cameras at the Jackson Park Health Centre captured the beating, although much of the physical altercation is slightly out of frame. Afterwards, Van Buskirk wrote in his report that the doctor ""immediately reached out and grabbed my throat and pushed me backward."
In pleading guilty, Van Buskirk admitted that Abouhassan "did not strike him at all." He also confirmed that all of the doctor's reaction "was in lawful resistance to being assaulted by the accused."
David Van Buskirk has pleaded guilty to assault. (CBC News)Julian Falconer, the lawyer representing Abouhassan, told CBC News that "in the face of denials by this officer and allegations that my client attacked, I think it's essential that the public see this."
Abouhassan, who is legally blind, suffered a broken nose, bruised ribs, a torn eyelid and detached retina in the beating.
Adding insult to injury, he was subsequently charged with assaulting a peace officer following the initial investigation by Windsor police, including Det.-Sgts. Paul Bridgeman and Patrick Keane.
Bridgeman watched the video between eight and 10 times before endorsing assault charges against Abouhassan, according to the office of the independent review director.
Both Bridgeman and Keane were charged with discreditable conduct for trying to prevent Abouhassan from filing criminal charges against Van Buskirk. Both were later exonerated.
Falconer said this case is the poster child for the failure of the police disciplinary hearings and a huge embarrassment for Windsor police.
"This was a vicious beating of an innocent doctor-turned-cover-up-turned-conspiracy, pure and simple. And our discipline apparatus couldn't do a thing about it," Falconer said.
Abouhassan has filed a lawsuit seeking more that $14 million in damages from the Windsor Police Department, seven of its officers and Smith, the former chief.
Van Buskirk is due to be sentenced on the assault charge Wednesday. Acting police chief Al Frederick has reserved comment until then.

Cannuck

Wayne County Sheriff Busted Citizen Ask Officer to Obey Mi Law - YouTube

Cops Beat Man For Taking Out A Camera After Witnessing Bogus Traffic Stop - YouTube

grumpydigger
Your Anon News • OHIO POLICE OFFICER THREATENS TO KILL A HANDCUFFED...

IWannaBeElected

What’s Up Doc? Returnof the Keystone Cops!

I do not defend nor totally condemn, thecurrent level of policing services or the individual performances of duties andthe impact of such upon their relationship with the public for who pay them "toserve and protect".

What I offer is a personal perspective of

1) why suchservice levels are seen to be lacking, and

2) how policeforce "internal culture" has developed to seemingly encourage what Ihave come to paraphrase as "keystone cop" police tactics andbehaviors.

Firstly, why would someone want to read aboutmy humble opinion?

I grew up in the ghetto part of a growingmining town mining town, Sudbury, starting in 1957. Needless to say my earlieryears where intimately involved in the criminal lifestyle with regularinteraction both legally, and personally with local (and occasionallyprovincial and federal) representatives.

I was somewhat of a 'child genius’, and spentmost of my early years (8 - 1 enjoying the "games" of outwitting,the police, and the judicial/penal system as a whole.

I do not brag, and I am neither proud norashamed, I am merely presenting fact readily backed by local newsprint andother relevant documentation.

What I experienced during thoseyears, (60-s & 70’s) was as follows:

· Most of theindividuals involved actually enjoyed the job

· When givenrespect, almost all of the individuals reciprocated with respect

· They shareda “we are here to help and we are partof this community” attitude/culture

· Their jobwas driven by the laws of the times, not the politics

· When a 20year old rookie drew his gun on me, he was not being a peacock, I could see in his face and eyes that he wasactually scared that he might have to shoot me! and thankful that I was notthat kind of criminal.

· They could “party”just as good as you and I (many great personal experiences as well J)

During my “younger adult” years17 – 40 , I gave up the games(mostlyJ), and settled down to a more productivelifestyle, achieved my education, focusing on a career, and raising a family. Lawenforcement interactions took on a somewhat different aspect. They now involvedmy enforcing and upholding (I held positions requiring Federal - Top Secret Security clearance) and reportingdirectly to the RCMP.

Police forces of the communities Ilived in were now looked to for providing safety to my family, friends, andproperty. What I found was that as the ‘older generation’ of the force beganretiring and taking less “active” roles, the new generations where being “weaned”by local politics, and more had the attitude of taking the roles only for thepower or money, not the global good.

The last 15 or so years, has beenspent in a medium size community, London, with smaller scale, but similar problemsto large communities across Canada.

What I frequently experience/observenow,

Most of theindividuals dislike the job

They seem tobelieve they no longer have to answer to the people who actually pay them, Us,the community, not city hall

Many demandrespect without reciprocating it. (some are quite ignorant in fact, especiallyif you ask them what they are up to in your neighbourhood)

They seem toshare a “we are here cause we have to beand are not really part of this community” attitude/culture

Their performanceand policing focus is now controlled/directed by city hall

When a 20year old rookie got ready to draws his gun on me, he actually was being apeacock and had no idea what could have happened by that stupid move

I don’tthink this new breed knows how to “party” L

The above personal observationshave also been documented in the local newsprint over the years. What I see now, I never saw during the 70’s, 80’s, and even 80’s.

Civil unrest is growing exponentially. Some of us only have to look at such all toocommon local events as London’s Fanshawe riots, to have flashback memories ofthe 60’s student shootings and such crap that went down in the states whengovernments (not the actual laws) ran policing the people involved.

I believe

· We, the public,must demand, and command our politicians stay out of operational management andlet the local forces do the work where and when the work needs to be done basedon actual need.

· We show thatwe do respect our police forces, even when we are not on the right side of theline,

o getting aspeeding/drinking and driving ticket, man up, shut up, and thank them forsaving yours and perhaps someone elses life!

o that rookiemake a mistake, tell him so, be firm, not ignorant, remind him he is ultimatelyhere for us, and if not, he could always change careers.

· WE should quit our own crying, get off our OWN asses,

o participate,

o congrats andpraise the good, readily criticize the bad

o share theburden of crime prevention with our neighbours like we did in the 70’s, 80’s,and 90’s.

Thank you for your time and I hopethat if you share my views, you pass this on.

An Old Rounder.

lone wolf
Alice? Z'at you?

Elected - Alice Cooper 196039s Footage - YouTube

gopher
+1 / -1
Silent Stop-And-Frisk March Carries Loud Message Down Fifth

Silent Stop-And-Frisk March Carries Loud Message Down Fifth - NY1.com

profiling never stops - where are the principled and "moral" right wingers to stop it?

CanadianLove
I was parked in a park one night by myself, listening to the radio. An officer pulled in to the parking lot to check me out. He came up on an angle behind me but from the passenger side like he was sneaking up in the dark with all his lights on. He stopped and backed up about 6ft. He ran my plate so was a bit getting out and coming up to the window. He asked for my papers and and we were chatting a bit. I looked in the mirror and could see a set of police lights in the distance behind my truck. they looked about a 100 yards off. I figured he called for a buddy, but didn't understand them having to make a scene and coming with the lights on. He looked and saw the lights and thought he thought the same. We continued talking for a second and his head whipped around as we heard a loud crunch in the distance. He just took off running. I realized that it was his car, and it had been left in gear when he got out of it.

That was the hardest I ever hard to straight face and prtend it was a surpise at what happened. "It slipped into gear!" "No", I said. He just gave me the papers back and left.

Locutus
A little something for the cop watchers and haters:

Cops Shooting People

Cannuck
Cop Sucker Punches Woman at Philadelphia Puerto Rican Day Parade

Cannuck
Sun News : Cop suspended, chief says sorry after profanity-laden chokehold arrest

Cannuck
Cop Beating Man In Wheelchair (Caught On Surveillance) - YouTube

CDNBear
+1
Should be called "Why you shouldn't hit a Cop", lol.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Should be called "Why you shouldn't hit a Cop", lol.

I knew you would like that one.

Minnesota police officer facing charges for hitting man in detox - CNN.com

Good thing the person in the chair didn't have a v agina. That would have made it way worse.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I knew you would like that one.

I liked it?

You really should stop making things up. It makes you look silly.

Quote:

Good thing the person in the chair didn't have a v agina. That would have made it way worse.

It would?

You seem confused as to whom you're replying to.

Are you feeling OK?

grumpydigger
you bend a cripple in a wheel chairs arm backward till they fell pain then that gives the right to EXPLODE IN EXTREME Violence.

Just like a schoolyard bully who wants your lunch money....LOL

grumpydigger

NYPD Officer Brutally Assaults Man in Synagogue - YouTube

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

Two police officers repeatedly pummeled a shirtless man in a Jewish youth center in Brooklyn after they roused him from sleeping and moved to arrest him, surveillance video released Sunday night shows.

Cops showed up at the Aliya Institute on E. New York Ave. in Crown Heights on the evening of Oct. 8 after receiving a call about a fight between two men, a community source told the Daily News.

But Zlamy Trappler, 24, a volunteer security guard at the center, said he called cops because he found the shirtless man drunk and sleeping in the lounge of the center, which provides services to young Jewish adults.

more

Video shows police officers repeatedly pummeling shirtless man in Jewish youth center in Brooklyn - NY Daily News

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

LOL...judging by the girth of most of the officers, NYPD doesn't have much of a fitness standard.

JLM
It's not only cops, there's A$$holes in all walks of life!

Cannuck
Maybe somebody can start a "Stupid, Dumb and Just Plain Ignorant A$$holes in all Walks of Life" thread.

JLM

Maybe somebody can start a "Stupid, Dumb and Just Plain Ignorant A$$holes in all Walks of Life" thread.

I'll leave that to someone who has experience at it.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I'll leave that to someone who has experience at it.

You're probably the most experience on this forum when it comes to calling others A$$holes. Give it a try.

JLM
+1

You're probably the most experience on this forum when it comes to calling others A$$holes. Give it a try.

Well, there's no doubt I certainly know one when I see one, but I find 98% of the people are nice people!

grumpydigger
UK police use stun gun on blind man in case of mistaken identity

LONDON — British police apologized Wednesday for using a stun gun to subdue a blind stroke victim they wrongly thought was carrying a samurai sword, a bizarre case of mistaken identity that left the man fearing for his life.
Colin Farmer told British broadcasters that he thought he was going to die after he heard a commotion, felt electricity surge through his body, and was knocked to the floor by an unknown assailant. The incident occurred in the town of Chorley, in northern England's Lancashire County, on Friday.
"This seemed to be going on forever ... I was convinced I was being murdered in plain sight," the 61-year-old told Sky News television. "He (the officer) jumped on the small of my back with his knees ... wrenched my arms up my back and cuffed me so tightly I was in great pain." Farmer told the BBC he was shouting: "I'm blind! I'm blind!"
Lancashire Police Chief Stuart Williams said police brought the victim to a local hospital to be checked out after they realized they had used the weapon against the wrong man.
He said in a statement that police "deeply regret" the incident, which happened after police received multiple reports that a man was walking through Chorley "armed with a samurai sword."
Williams said that an urgent investigation had been launched into the incident and that the matter would also be reviewed by the Independent Police Complaints Commission, Britain's police watchdog agency.
Police said a different man was arrested in connection with the sword reports, but was released without charge.
Britain's tough weapons laws severely restrict the possession of blades, knives and knuckle dusters.

Cannuck
Last-chance’ Mountie resigns

no new posts