Stupid, Dumb and Just Plain Ignorant Cop Thread

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

You were expecting something original from Jim?

And I also posted about it three dayas ago....
Gun Control is Completely Useless.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

And I also posted about it three dayas ago....
Gun Control is Completely Useless.

I thought that looked familiar.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

It's called reserving judgement until you have all the facts. It's what intelligent, reasonable people do.

This thread being an excellent example of how you aren't reasonable, or intelligent.

grumpydigger
By: ctvbc.ca Kelowna top cop's daughter charged with dealing drugs | CTV British Columbia

Date: Thursday Mar. 1, 2012 5:11 PM PT
The 22-year-old daughter of Kelowna's top Mountie has been charged in connection with a dial-a-dope operation.
Lisa Hope McKinnon, whose father is RCMP Supt. Bill McKinnon, was arrested on Tuesday and now faces one charge of trafficking in heroin as well as two counts for the possession of heroin and cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. A 20-year-old man has also been arrested in connection with the operation.
Police say that as soon as they became aware that the detachment head's daughter would be part of the investigation, steps were taken to insulate the superintendent from any knowledge of the case.
"This event goes to show that nobody is immune from drugs and/or criminal activity and he like anybody else is a victim as a result of this. Basically he's a father, he's a parent in this matter. There's no doubt he's disappointed with what's happened and he's at home now dealing with it," Insp. Rick Flewelling told CTV News.
The superintendent said he would not comment on the case because it is a personal matter. His wife, Cheryl McKinnon, is also a member of the RCMP.
Lisa McKinnon's next court appearance is scheduled for Mar. 29, and she's been ordered not to possess a cell phone until then.
With a report from CTV British Columbia's Kent Molgat

Daddy is superintendent of the Kelowna RCMP,, and mother is also an RCMP officer and the daughter is pushing heroin.....and they don't know and probably thought their daughter was a little princess

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydiggerView Post

By: ctvbc.ca Kelowna top cop's daughter charged with dealing drugs | CTV British Columbia
Date: Thursday Mar. 1, 2012 5:11 PM PT
The 22-year-old daughter of Kelowna's top Mountie has been charged in connection with a dial-a-dope operation.
Lisa Hope McKinnon, whose father is RCMP Supt. Bill McKinnon, was arrested on Tuesday and now faces one charge of trafficking in heroin as well as two counts for the possession of heroin and cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. A 20-year-old man has also been arrested in connection with the operation.
Police say that as soon as they became aware that the detachment head's daughter would be part of the investigation, steps were taken to insulate the superintendent from any knowledge of the case.
"This event goes to show that nobody is immune from drugs and/or criminal activity and he like anybody else is a victim as a result of this. Basically he's a father, he's a parent in this matter. There's no doubt he's disappointed with what's happened and he's at home now dealing with it," Insp. Rick Flewelling told CTV News.
The superintendent said he would not comment on the case because it is a personal...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Sh*t happens in the best of regulated families!

grumpydigger
Well, I happen to live in Kelowna. And this RCMP superintendent is on TV and radio consistently bragging about all his drug busts. And self righteously trying to act like Mr. know it all the time.........there just may be a little karma in this

JLM

Well, I happen to live in Kelowna. And this RCMP superintendent is on TV and radio consistently bragging about all his drug busts. And self righteously trying to act like Mr. know it all the time.........there just may be a little karma in this

I don't think he deserves that.

grumpydigger
Toronto police officer charged with indecent act after alleged apartment peeping A Toronto police officer has been charged with committing mischief and an indecent act after allegedly peeping into an apartment window.
Police say Constable Johnathon Blair, 30, “committed an indecent act while looking into a nearby apartment window” on Feb. 4. The location was not specified, but authorities say it was near the accused’s home.
Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash would not clarify what Const. Blair was allegedly doing in front of the window, noting the matter is now before the courts.
Const. Blair, who has five years of service with the Toronto force and is currently attached to 54 Division, was arrested Thursday and is scheduled to appear in court next month.
The officer was off duty at the time of the alleged offence, police say.
National Post
A number of other Toronto police officers have been mired in controversy in recent days amid a swirl of charges, investigations and allegations:
- Constable David Cavanagh, who was charged with manslaughter in the 2010 shooting death of Eric Osawe, had those charges upped to second-degree murder in Superior Court last week. Mr. Osawe died while police were executing a search warrant at his Etobicoke apartment.
- The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating an unnamed Toronto police officer involved in the fatal shooting of Michael Eligon last month. Witnesses have accused police of using excessive force against the victim, who was clad in a hospital gown and wielding scissors.
- Toronto police confirmed last month that the professional standards unit has launched a probe into the fundraising activities of Constables Stephen Birtles and Lisa Hayford, amid questions about money intended for a slain sergeant’s memorial trust fund.
- Constables Blair Begbie and Vincent Wong are slated to begin an internal police tribunal hearing next month on misconduct charges. The pair stand accused of unlawful or unnecessary exercise of authority in the detention of graphic designer Jason Wall during the Toronto G20 summit.
- The province’s police complaints watchdog has recommended misconduct charges against five G20 constables involved in the beating of protester Adam Nobody, but it is not yet clear whether chargers will be laid. One of the officers, Constable Babak Andalib-Goortani, has also been criminally charged in the case.
- Five former drug squad officers are on trial in a wide-ranging corruption case involving allegations they assaulted and robbed drug dealers. The trial, expected to continue for several more months, stems from five separate cases dating back to the late 1990s.
- Suspended Staff Inspector Steve Izzett is in the midst of a disciplinary hearing on sexual harassment charges. The case, which centres on the officer’s treatment of a female colleague, stems from a 2008 complaint, but the tribunal hearing has faced numerous delays over the years.

JLM

Toronto police officer charged with indecent act after alleged apartment peeping A Toronto police officer has been charged with committing mischief and an indecent act after allegedly peeping into an apartment window.
Police say Constable Johnathon Blair, 30, “committed an indecent act while looking into a nearby apartment window” on Feb. 4. The location was not specified, but authorities say it was near the accused’s home.

Are you using the antics of a handful of errant cops to tar the entire force?

grumpydigger
antics of a handful of errant cops..........LOL Hardly anyone who pays attention to the news would realize that this is not that unusual.

I just post some of the stupider ones I find.... that the average person would not hear about

Sadly, there are people that would like to keep all of this out of the media, in order to protect the reputations of their heroes.

JLM

antics of a handful of errant cops..........LOL Hardly anyone who pays attention to the news would realize that this is not that unusual.

I just post some of the stupider ones I find.... that the average person would not hear about

Sadly, there are people that would like to keep all of this out of the media, in order to protect the reputations of their heroes.

And perhaps when a cop returns a lost crying child to his/her mother you may wish to point that out too, as that doesn't get widely reported!

JLM

Actually I think it was pretty sleazy reporting. The woman's name age and address should have been reported along with the charges and that should have been it, just as would be done with most citizens. The parents are probably like most parents, I'd bet devastated and heart broken. Why would the media want to add to their misery?

grumpydigger
when a police officer does their job competently and correctly it is not newsworthy.

And it shouldn't be. that is what they are paid for

But ignoring, the continual misconduct that is rampant across Canada with all the police forces would just be stupid

This is not a game, where one good deed eliminates another action of misconduct so it all disappears.

in the last couple months, the seriousness of high-ranking RCMP officers stealing cocaine, one admitting to using it, and the other being charged with stealing $10,000 from an evidence locker should convince even the most simpleminded person that there is a problem.

JLM

when a police officer does their job competently and correctly it is not newsworthy.

And it shouldn't be. that is what they are paid for

But ignoring, the continual misconduct that is rampant across Canada with all the police forces would just be stupid

This is not a game, where one good deed eliminates another action of misconduct so it all disappears.

in the last couple months, the seriousness of high-ranking RCMP officers stealing cocaine, one admitting to using it, and the other being charged with stealing $10,000 from an evidence locker should convince even the most simpleminded person that there is a problem.

What's it cost to acknowledge a job well done? When you praise a good cop it's not like you are letting a bad one off the hook!

Cannuck
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...-winnipeg.html

grumpydigger
Hamilton police officer pleads guilty to misconduct
Jay McQueen
3/9/2012 AM900 CHML Hamilton's News Talk Leader (external - login to view)

A Hamilton police officer has pleaded guilty to three counts of discreditable conduct and four counts of neglect of duty.

Constable George Schmidt has admitted at a police tribunal services hearing that he had sex while on duty with a female complainant in a criminal matter he was investigating in 2010.

Schmidt has been handed a joint submission sentence consisiting of a two year demotion which sees Schmidt paid as a third class constable in the first year and and a second class constable in the second year of demotion.

The sentence will cost Schmidt over $40,000 in salary and is the most significant penalty enforced by the Hamilton Police Service in history other than dismissal.

Cannuck
forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...-involved.html (external - login to view)

Cannuck
RCMP face sexual harassment class-action suit - British Columbia - CBC News

JLM
That story has been in the news left, right and centre (along with others similar) for the past 6 months. It's no longer news.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

That story has been in the news left, right and centre (along with others similar) for the past 6 months. It's no longer news.

It's on the CBC and the CTV feed so it obviously is...or are you now telling our national news organizations what is and isn't news?

JLM
+1

It's on the CBC and the CTV feed so it obviously is...or are you now telling our national news organizations what is and isn't news?

Is there any f*****g thing you won't argue about? I've been listening to it on the radio on a weekly basis for six months, call it what you want, MORON! I advised you in a nice way and you came back like an A$$hole.

Cannuck
Aren't you supposed to be ignoring me?

JLM
+1

Is there any f*****g thing you won't argue about? I've been listening to it on the radio on a weekly basis for six months, call it what you want, MORON! I advised you in a nice way and you came back like an A$$hole.

TenPenny
+1

If the suit was filed on Tuesday, how could it have been in the news for the last 6 months?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

If the suit was filed on Tuesday, how could it have been in the news for the last 6 months?

That's just the final installment.

DaSleeper
+3

There are some people like that...probably nobody talks to him and everyone ignores him in real life

The kid is at it again with the negs.....predictable
Last edited by DaSleeper; Mar 28th, 2012 at 08:26 AM..

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

There are some people like that...probably nobody talks to him and everyone ignores him in real life

The kid is at it again with the negs.....predictable

Yep, he probably deserves to be pitied more than condemned. Sometimes a person should be thankful for being born with a working brain.

grumpydigger
It is some what a frightening, that people who report police misconduct and the progress of an RCMP sexual harassment suit should be pitied.

By people who would look the other way ,and denied that anything ever happened......and then make personal attacks in order to make themselves feel important.

JLM

It is some what a frightening, that people who report police misconduct and the progress of an RCMP sexual harassment suit should be pitied.

By people who would look the other way ,and denied that anything ever happened......and then make personal attacks in order to make themselves feel important.

Not quite following you there, DG. Maybe I'm just dumb!

Tonington
+1

So was she sexually harassed? A court case is needed to determine that, unless we're going to start convicting people without trials. Some news stories develop over months. Really, would you say we should throw out election results because of the robocall scandals, or wait until all the facts are in and a ruling or decision is reached?

Weird...

no new posts