Teen says 'It's your fault I burgled you'

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Teen says 'It's your fault I burgled you' in letter to robbery victims | News.com.au

"I DONT no Why Iam Writing a letter to you!"

Before you raid our comments section with complaints of bad spelling and punctuation, this is how a 16-year-old's "apology" letter began after he robbed a family home.

The UK teen was forced to write to his victims in Leeds, but showed no remorse (or "remores") and wrote them a list of reasons why the whole debacle was their fault, The Sun reports.

Our UK counterparts have described the kid as "shameless", "callous", a "****less thug" and a "yob". About sums it up.

"To be honest I'm not bothered or Sorry about the fact that I burgled your house. Basicly it Was your fault anyWays. I'm going to run you through the dumb mistakes you made."

The kid then tells the family they should have drawn their curtains, and closed a kitchen window.... the fools (?).

"Your dumb you live in Stainburns a high risk burglary area and your thick enough to leave your downstairs kitchen window open," he wrote.

"I wouldnt do that in a million years. But anyways I don't feel sorry for you and Im not going to show any sympath or remores."

Don't they teach "sympath or remores" over there? Or English?

Kind of funny, lol.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This is precisely the mindset of internet hackers. They feel justified in ruining your internet property if you leave the curtains open.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Teen says 'It's your fault I burgled you' in letter to robbery victims | News.com.au

"I DONT no Why Iam Writing a letter to you!"

Before you raid our comments section with complaints of bad spelling and punctuation, this is how a 16-year-old's "apology" letter began after he robbed a family home.

The UK teen was forced to write to his victims in Leeds, but showed no remorse (or "remores") and wrote them a list of reasons why the whole debacle was their fault, The Sun reports.

Our UK counterparts have described the kid as "shameless", "callous", a "****less thug" and a "yob". About sums it up.

"To be honest I'm not bothered or Sorry about the fact that I burgled your house. Basicly it Was your fault anyWays. I'm going to run you through the dumb mistakes you made."

The kid then tells the family they should have drawn their curtains, and closed a kitchen window.... the fools (?).

"Your dumb you live in Stainburns a high risk burglary area and your thick enough to leave your downstairs kitchen window open," he wrote.

"I wouldnt do that in a million years. But anyways I don't feel sorry for you and Im not going to show any sympath or remores."

Don't they teach "sympath or remores" over there? Or English?

Kind of funny, lol.

Yeah, I think he has a few things to "brush up" on before he can expect to win a scholarship to Oxford! :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Nice to see that someone with the brain of a peanut calls other people "dumb" and "fools". They may not have remembered to draw their curtains, but I'm certain they know how to spell remorse. Idiot. He's the kind of guy that would make a good punching bag, as it's not like he has any brain cells to lose.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Nice to see that someone with the brain of a peanut calls other people "dumb" and "fools". They may not have remembered to draw their curtains, but I'm certain they know how to spell remorse. Idiot. He's the kind of guy that would make a good punching bag, as it's not like he has any brain cells to lose.
Well if Bubba gets a hold of the little bugger, he will get more than his bags punched.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He's is right though. Would it have been different if a PhD who was super polite in his letter to the victims robbed the house? That doesn't make the victims any smarter for leaving a window open.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
He's is right though. Would it have been different if a PhD who was super polite in his letter to the victims robbed the house? That doesn't make the victims any smarter for leaving a window open.

No, but I should be able to leave my windows open. I should be able to walk at night. I should be able to trust. It's not an excuse to victimize someone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What makes you believe that all people are on the up and up and can be trusted? Has the world ever been that way? Does a fox cry "woe is me" when a hawk flies off with the gopher the fox killed for lunch? Humans are animals too. It's a cruel world for those who let their defences down.

That is why your insurance company will say "screw you" when you try to put in a claim for the lost goods.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What makes you believe that all people are on the up and up and can be trusted? Has the world ever been that way? Does a fox cry "woe is me" when a hawk flies off with the gopher the fox killed for lunch? Humans are animals too. It's a cruel world for those who let their defences down.

That is why your insurance company will say "screw you" when you try to put in a claim for the lost goods.

My point is merely that there's no excuse for it from a rational human being. Saying someone was naive, someone was trusting, someone made a mistake, is no excuse to victimize them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The kid gave them the same speech an adjuster or cop would. YOU screwed up by leaving your window open.

If the kid didn't see the opportunity he would have moved on.

Sometimes it's a cruel world for those who are silly enough to let their guard down.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yep, the kid gave the speech that adjusters and cops taught him he's justified in giving. It doesn't make it right.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's been getting dark every night for billions of years. Go and enjoy a walk at night, just don't let your guard down.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's been getting dark every night for billions of years. Go and enjoy a walk at night, just don't let your guard down.

People had homes you could simply walk into for longer than we've had virtual vaults. So what's your point?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

No sh*t there Sherlock! :lol:

People had homes you could simply walk into for longer than we've had virtual vaults. So what's your point?

The point is Petros likes to joke around once in a blue moon! :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
People also lived in communities, family groups and knew who their neighbours were and watched out for each other. We don't have that anymore.

People are animals and not all are tame. Don't let your guard down and you'll be a lot safer in this cruel world full of animals.

BTW I never said the kid wasn't an asshole, only right.