Driving from Toronto to calgary

luckystar

Oct 18, 2011
We are moving anytime between December 2011 to January 2012. We need a driving tip and direction with-in Canada. We do not want to pass USA coz we do not have passport and it cost us to have one plus the visa. For 6 members of the family its too much already plus our travel expenses with our dog and cats. We need your precious time at this moment.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Go to where the men speak Italian... then go further till they speak something else.

Oh wait... those are the directions to Jerusalem. Never mind.

luckystar

Oct 18, 2011
Go to where the men speak Italian... then go further till they speak something else.

Oh wait... those are the directions to Jerusalem. Never mind.

This is the whole family moving. So, if you think I'M HAVING FUN, I'm telling you right now that this is not funny.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is the whole family moving. So, if you think I'M HAVING FUN, I'm telling you right now that this is not funny.

The WHOLE FAMILY! Well heck in that case...

Follow the Yellow Brick Road... Follow the Yellow Brick Road... follow and follow and follow and follow and follow and follow the Yellow Brick Road...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Follow the Yellow Brick Road... Follow the Yellow Brick Road... follow and follow and follow and follow and follow and follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Oh thanks! Now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head all evening. ;)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Put 5 on separate buses, use the same destination only if you really, really love them. Remember Boston is your destination no matter what anybody says, they are just trying to trick you.

Oh thanks! Now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head all evening. ;)
Better than that whoosing sound that wind in an empty room makes, not saying that is your condition, just sayin ....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Yellow Brick Road? You're onto something ... but it's more like green-signs-with-the-white-maple-leaf (doesn't fit the song well, does it?) The road's likely gray and brown and white and yellow (no bricks) that time of year

...and if you run into someone grumbling at a traffic light, it's probably YukonJack

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Enjoy the winter drive,Northern Ontartio can be so much fun that time of year
Then you get to the Prairie. God knows what you will run into between the
city of Winterpeg and Calgary. Why would anyone do a move like this in the
winter?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
CDNBear I realize that but many do not realize what that trip can be like
in Winter. I can understand people not wanting to live in Ontario but in the
winter the Prairies can pose some travelling challenges.
Yes I have done the trip more than once, even in November it can be difficult.
I will be out there in Regina in the last week of November but its Agribition
time and its part of my job. Not to mention I get to see a lot of relatives in the
area and visit as well.
I think these folks should look into a winter survival kit and make sure they are
prepared for such a trip.
As for comments about how long it takes to get across Alberta it takes longer
than one and a half hours. I am not crazy about Alberta either but I still prefer
it to Ontario.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear I realize that but many do not realize what that trip can be like in Winter.
And yet hundreds of thousands do it annually.

I can understand people not wanting to live in Ontario but in the winter the Prairies can pose some travelling challenges.
Some said they didn't want to live in Ontario in the OP?

Yes I have done the trip more than once, even in November it can be difficult.
And here you are.

I think these folks should look into a winter survival kit and make sure they are prepared for such a trip.
Wise advice.

As for comments about how long it takes to get across Alberta it takes longer than one and a half hours.
Look at who they came from.

I am not crazy about Alberta either but I still prefer it to Ontario.
You're free to your opinion.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It takes an hour and half to get from Calgary to Banf and that's not even any where close to half way let alone the entire width. Some people would be better of sticking thier fingers up their ass rather than applying them to a key board.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As for comments about how long it takes to get across Alberta it takes longer
than one and a half hours. I am not crazy about Alberta either but I still prefer
it to Ontario.
It takes an hour and half to get from Calgary to Banf and that's not even any where close to half way let alone the entire width. Some people would be better of sticking thier fingers up their ass rather than applying them to a key board.

1. Driving from Toronto to calgary

Try reading where he is moving to, Calgary, that is what takes 1 1/2 hrs to get across, don't forget to suck hard on those fingers once you get them out of your ass. By across I don't mean taking only freeways either.

How come stupid always travels in pairs on this site? lol

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How come stupid always travels in pairs on this site?
You found a new invisible friend?

But your post makes this post...

Don't you immigrants read the 'new' rules?

"Please refrain from PERSONAL ATTACKS and keep this thread ON TOPIC!!
We don't want to moderate your post or ban you, but we might have to if you can't follow the forum rules!"

A...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Try reading where he is moving to, Calgary, that is what takes 1 1/2 hrs to get across, don't forget to such hard on those fingers once you get them out of your ass. By across I don't mean taking only freeways either.

How come stupid always travels in pairs on this site? lol

You schizophrenic now?

I live here. It doesn't take any where near an hour and a half to get from one side of the city to the other.