living in the 21st century with a 20 century mentality

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Reminds me of the words from a song:
"Things change very slowly
If they ever change at all." - The Eagles (I think)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What a small minded idiot.

I'm glad they published the name of the store, I for one would not give it my business and I hope others do the same.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I don't agree with gay marriage myself, but at the end of the day, the shop is merely selling a dress, not condoning what one does with it.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I am pleased by this. Next, if things work out well, they'll stop selling to them uppity dark-skinned folks, everyone knows they shouldn't be allowed to shop in the same stores as the rest of us.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I am pleased by this. Next, if things work out well, they'll stop selling to them uppity dark-skinned folks, everyone knows they shouldn't be allowed to shop in the same stores as the rest of us.
Wal*Mart and Supestore would be barren wastelands.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

C'mon now! A person being against gay marriage doesn't automatically mean they are also racist. This would be like saying people who support gay marriage also support communism, or some other notion that has nothing to do with the original principle.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
God created gays in his own image, just like everyone else. To believe otherwise is to deny god's love for all his children. "Judge not lest ye shall be judged."

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
C'mon now! A person being against gay marriage doesn't automatically mean they are also racist. This would be like saying people who support gay marriage also support communism, or some other notion that has nothing to do with the original principle.

Zoom - that was the point, going over your head.

Being against gay marriage does not give you the right to discriminate against gay people who are simply trying to carry on a simple commercial transaction. Either you are in business, in which case you sell things to customers, or you are not. Selling a woman a wedding dress does not mean you support them in other ways.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Maybe to be successful in business a good start would be to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. :smile:

Zoom - that was the point, going over your head.

Being against gay marriage does not give you the right to discriminate against gay people who are simply trying to carry on a simple commercial transaction. Either you are in business, in which case you sell things to customers, or you are not. Selling a woman a wedding dress does not mean you support them in other ways.

Maybe she was buying it for her sister who is "straight". :smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The following is just one of the many comments from the article:

"It's her store, she can sell or not sell to whom ever she pleases! this is a free country last time I checked. If she loses business because of this, then so be it. We should have the courage to always stand up for what we believe in."

Apparently the poster did not read the article, as it stated "Furthermore, in New Jersey, it is against the law to refuse to buy from, sell to, contract or otherwise do business with an individual because of the individual's sexual orientation, according to the state's Attorney General office—which means that Saber did participate in an illegal action after all, just not the one she incorrectly accused her customer of planning."

So, she was wrong legally as well.