Casey Anthony trial

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

That's just a coincidence. It could've been George!

Ummmmmmmmmmm coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a fairly large ocean out there. I hadn't realized George was ever a suspect. Petersen lied through his teeth numerous times, fled to Mexico at least once but the really convincing thing for me was his nonchalant demeanor immediately after she'd gone missing. If it was my wife I'd be frantic and I'd be searching the area. Nah, the guy is a creep. Who is George by the way?

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Ummmmmmmmmmm coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a fairly large ocean out there. I hadn't realized George was ever a suspect. Petersen lied through his teeth numerous times, fled to Mexico at least once but the really convincing thing for me was his nonchalant demeanor immediately after she'd gone missing. If it was my wife I'd be frantic and I'd be searching the area. Nah, the guy is a creep. Who is George by the way?

If the case of Laci Peterson, it was the satanists and homeless people in a brown van.

Ocean Breeze

Red flag? With the daughter obviously lying and the local authorities being sent to chase fictitious leads it's understandable that someone who actually cares for the young child is desperate to find her. Why the hell didn't the daughter scream from the rooftops too? I'll give you three guesses.

Are you assuming that the local authorities were totally incompetant???? Many times , when a crime has been committed they follow up leads that are dead enders or false. That is no excuse to go to a TV talking head that makes THEATER out of every thing she says.

as it stands........ the publicity they have had to deal with and now the threats and all the aftershock from the public is warranted , That was lousy judgement on Cindy's part.

Would you suggest that every parent/ grandparent call Nancy for help to locate their child should it go missing??

Nancy has ONE interest in mind. Nancy. She does not even hear what others on her panel have to say, most times as she interrupts , speaks over them and listens only to her own voice.

She has milked this story for some of the highest ratings she has had. Just follow the money. And she is very caring .....about the bottom line and her status. She keeps reminding the viewers that she was a prosecutor. ....

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

If the case of Laci Peterson, it was the satanists and homeless people in a brown van.

It was more than likely the wolf who ate Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother!

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Are you assuming that the local authorities were totally incompetant???? Many times , when a crime has been committed they follow up leads that are dead enders or false. That is no excuse to go to a TV talking head that makes THEATER out of every thing she says.

as it stands........ the publicity they have had to deal with and now the threats and all the aftershock from the public is warranted , That was lousy judgement on Cindy's part.

Would you suggest that every parent/ grandparent call Nancy for help to locate their child should it go missing??

Nancy has ONE interest in mind. Nancy. She does not even hear what others on her panel have to say, most times as she interrupts , speaks over them and listens only to her own voice.

She has milked this story for some of the highest ratings she has had. Just follow the money. And she is very caring .....about the bottom line and her status. She keeps reminding the viewers that she was a prosecutor. ....

Here we are:
July 18, 2008: CNN.com - Transcripts (external - login to view)
July 22, 2008: CNN.com - Transcripts (external - login to view)

And from there, it didn't stop.

There is no evidence of how and when Laci Peterson died, so by the Florida standards of unreasonable doubt, Scott Peterson should be released.

Ocean Breeze

.......was he convicted??? Or is he living under an assumed identity somewhere??

Here we are:
July 18, 2008: CNN.com - Transcripts (external - login to view)
July 22, 2008: CNN.com - Transcripts (external - login to view)

And from there, it didn't stop.

There is no evidence of how and when Laci Peterson died, so by the Florida standards of unreasonable doubt, Scott Peterson should be released.

thanks for the links. Appreciate it.

Ariadne

.......was he convicted??? Or is he living under an assumed identity somewhere??

He's on death row in California.

Ocean Breeze

gosh , even a wolf is not safe from death row.

Ariadne

thanks for the links. Appreciate it.

If you want to see how the Nasty Grace turned this case into Murdertainment, go to this site, scroll down to July 18, 2008, and look at the show headlines for days and weeks afterward.
CNN.com - Transcripts (external - login to view)

JLM
[QUOTE=Ariadne

There is no evidence of how and when Laci Peterson died, so by the Florida standards of unreasonable doubt, Scott Peterson should be released.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I have a couple of acres of nice waterfront property for you..................right smack dab in the middle of Ellesmere Island. (And you can take Scott up there with you)

Not for much longer I hope.

Ocean Breeze

If you want to see how the Nasty Grace turned this case into Murdertainment, go to this site, scroll down to July 18, 2008, and look at the show headlines for days and weeks afterward.

thanks. just glanced at it / skimmed part of it......but could not stomach it anymore easily than I can tolerate her on the telie.

It is just too toxic. Why on earth would Cindy call Nancy about her grandaughter and not expect this kind of circus to evolve is beyond reason.

any guesses as to how long she will milk this story and fueling the emotions to continue the frenzy ??

Kreskin
+1

Like the EVIDENCE in the case said (by the way claiming George found her three years later and having nothing to back up the claim is not evidence), they were dealing with a missing child investigation and could only assume the mother had a legitimate interest in finding her. Of course they would follow the mother's leads. A competent investigation wouldn't do anything but follow leads. There isn't a mother on the planet that wouldn't scream from the rooftops for help. Hell, Scott Peterson called the police to report his wife missing, but as JLM said the jury still didn't like the way he acted. That jury obviously wasn't sucked in by a liar.

EagleSmack

Hell, Scott Peterson called the police to report his wife missing, but as JLM said the jury still didn't like the way he acted. That jury obviously wasn't sucked in by a liar.

Well said.

Gotta love that Media eh?

Ariadne

thanks. just glanced at it / skimmed part of it......but could not stomach it anymore easily than I can tolerate her on the telie.

It is just too toxic. Why on earth would Cindy call Nancy about her grandaughter and not expect this kind of circus to evolve is beyond reason.

any guesses as to how long she will milk this story and fueling the emotions to continue the frenzy ??

This was quite deliberate ... let's keep in mind that Cindy and George had already collected the car, Cindy said the car smelled like there had been a dead body in it, Cindy knew that her daughter had been partying and lying for a month and Cindy is no dummy ... she knew, but didn't want to believe, that her daughter had murdered her granddaughter. By starting up the media circus she managed to give her daughter a get out of jail free card. She'll milk this story as long as she can, and we should be seeing her book on the shelves in no time.

Like the EVIDENCE in the case said (by the way claiming George found her three years later and having nothing to back up the claim is not evidence), they were dealing with a missing child investigation and could only assume the mother had a legitimate interest in finding her. Of course they would follow the mother's leads. A competent investigation wouldn't do anything but follow leads. There isn't a mother on the planet that wouldn't scream from the rooftops for help. Hell, Scott Peterson called the police to report his wife missing, but as JLM said the jury still didn't like the way he acted. That jury obviously wasn't sucked in by a liar.

Actually, Scott called Laci's mom and it was Laci's mom that called police ... all because Scott said he returned from a day of golfing, or maybe it was fishing, and his wife was "missing". It was too soon for him to use the word "missing", and things went downhill from there.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Gotta love that Media eh?

Nancy Grace had her start on Larry King where she argued the Laci Peterson case with Mark Geragos. She was already obnoxious then, but she's over the top in terms of cashing in on other people's emotional pain.

Ocean Breeze

This was quite deliberate ... let's keep in mind that Cindy and George had already collected the car, Cindy said the car smelled like there had been a dead body in it, Cindy knew that her daughter had been partying and lying for a month and Cindy is no dummy ... she knew, but didn't want to believe, that her daughter had murdered her granddaughter. By starting up the media circus she managed to give her daughter a get out of jail free card. She'll milk this story as long as she can, and we should be seeing her book on the shelves in no time.

Well, that is the "american way" isn't it?? That is the established routine now.

the important thing is : Will you buy the book.?? Will you attend the book signing promotions??

You wouldn't find me anywhere near either .........even if they proclaim the earnings will go to some charity.

.........the one good thing out of this is Caylees law. That is the most constructive memorial one can have for a little girl..

One can also , not ignore the fact that Caylee was a gorgeous child.

not sure one can or should compare to other trials. Each case must be evaluated on its own factors.

Actually, Scott called Laci's mom and it was Laci's mom that called police ... all because Scott said he returned from a day of golfing, or maybe it was fishing, and his wife was "missing". It was too soon for him to use the word "missing", and things went downhill from there.

Nancy Grace had her start on Larry King where she argued the Laci Peterson case with Mark Geragos. She was already obnoxious then, but she's over the top in terms of cashing in on other people's emotional pain.

Very well put. !! cashing in on other peoples pain - deserves emphasis.) as I recall, she milked her victim role due to her fiance's murder , to a shameful extreme. Dignity , poise & tact are not her finest qualities.

I am extremely disappointed in Dr. Drew. He got himself caught up in the circus to a point he lost the professional objectivity his profession demands. I thought he was rather cool for a while and made good sense with some very challenging topics / issues. His reaction blew me away.

Ariadne

Well, that is the "american way" isn't it?? That is the established routine now.

the important thing is : Will you buy the book.?? Will you attend the book signing promotions??

You wouldn't find me anywhere near either .........even if they proclaim the earnings will go to some charity.

.........the one good thing out of this is Caylees law. That is the most constructive memorial one can have for a little girl..

One can also , not ignore the fact that Caylee was a gorgeous child.

not sure one can or should compare to other trials. Each case must be evaluated on its own factors.

Very well put. !! cashing in on other peoples pain - deserves emphasis.) as I recall, she milked her victim role due to her fiance's murder , to a shameful extreme. Dignity , poise & tact are not her finest qualities.

I am extremely disappointed in Dr. Drew. He got himself caught up in the circus to a point he lost the professional objectivity his profession demands. I thought he was rather cool for a while and made good sense with some very challenging topics / issues. His reaction blew me away.

I'm not interested in any sort of book from a dishonest mother of a child murderer. The "gorgeous" child thing makes me gag a bit ... there was nothing special about Caylee ... she's an average child that survived for 2 years in spite of her mother. She had two eyes, a nose, ears, and so on, just like every other child and puppy.

Nasty Grace embellished her "I'm a victim too" story. I think she suggested that it was a random roadside murder, but it wasn't.

"Grace has described the tragedy as the impetus for her career as a prosecutor and victims' rights advocate, and has often publicly referred to the incident.The Observer researched the murder and found several apparent contradictions between the events and Grace's subsequent statements, including the following:
  • Her fiancÚ, Keith Griffin, was shot not at random by a stranger, but by a former coworker, Tommy McCoy.
  • McCoy did not have a prior criminal record and, rather than denying the crime, confessed on the night of the murder.
  • The jury deliberated for a few hours, not days.
  • There was no ongoing string of appeals (McCoy's family did not want any). McCoy has only once filed a habeas petition, which was rejected.
source: wikipedia

Ocean Breeze

I'm not interested in any sort of book from a dishonest mother of a child murderer. The "gorgeous" child thing makes me gag a bit ... there was nothing special about Caylee ... she's an average child that survived for 2 years in spite of her mother. She had two eyes, a nose, ears, and so on, just like every other child and puppy.
Nasty Grace embellished her "I'm a victim too" story. I think she suggested that it was a random roadside murder, but it wasn't.
"Grace has described the tragedy as the impetus for her career as a prosecutor and victims' rights advocate, and has often publicly referred to the incident.The Observer researched the murder and found several apparent contradictions between the events and Grace's subsequent statements, including the following:Her fiancÚ, Keith Griffin, was shot not at random by a stranger, but by a former coworker, Tommy McCoy.
McCoy did not have a prior criminal record and, rather than denying the crime, confessed on the night of the murder.
The jury deliberated for a few hours, not days.
There was no ongoing string of appeals (McCoy's family did not want any). McCoy has only once filed a habeas petition, which was rejected.
source: wikipedia

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
That is interesting. So she has exaggerated er fabricaed ??? and dramatized her own victimhood for personal gain. Yet she sits there and passes judgement as if she were judge ,jury , executioner and god rolled into one. My my. Just saw someone mention a movie too. A work of fiction or a confession ?? It just doesn't end.

Kreskin

That is interesting. So she has exaggerated er fabricaed ??? and dramatized her own victimhood for personal gain. Yet she sits there and passes judgement as if she were judge ,jury , executioner and god rolled into one. My my. Just saw someone mention a movie too. A work of fiction or a confession ?? It just doesn't end.

Grace wasn't on trial. The child murderer was. This is symptomatic of the baloney red herrings that have suckered a jury, and a handful of non-jurists.

Ocean Breeze

Grace wasn't on trial. The child murderer was. This is symptomatic of the baloney red herrings that have suckered a jury, and a handful of non-jurists.

Don't think the jury was suckered at all. some said they felt ill rendering the verdict they did ......or had to. Had to on the basis that there was not enough proof / evidence that she did it..........let alone how SHE did it, or WHAT ROLE exactly did she play , let alone what exactly did she DO that contriuted to the death of her child.

I think the jury did a splendid job and followed the LAW......not their emotions. The circumstantial "evidence" was not enough for a guilty of first degree murder warranting the death penalty.

If anyone blew it here..........it was the prosecution as it over charged. If they had made the charges REALISTIC & proportionate to the evidence they had, , one can be sure she would not be leaving prison when she is. He went in for the maximum, but did not have the kind of evidence that would warrant the maximum.

Now , some of the jury members have recieved threats too. The culture of violence prevails. and what we are seeing is the underbelly of a society gone irrational.

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Poor Casey. :roll

(How do you make a rolling eye thing again?)

Ariadne
I think the jury was suckered and that they didn't keep their eye on the ball.

Ocean Breeze

I think the jury was suckered and that they didn't keep their eye on the ball.

It seems all too easy to blame them when in reality their job was one that no one would want . IF they did not see enough EVIDENCE to warrant a gulty verdict with a death penalty ..... it is better than them making up evidence or reading it the wrong way.

Presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. ( beyond REASONABLE doubt.). The system worked......and yet the lynch mob is loaded for the kill. Maybe this mob would like a different system .... one where you have to prove your innocence. and leave out the "beyond reasonable doubt" .

Isn't the law what separates us from barbarians ,lynch mobs and other dastardly forms of "justice"????

Ariadne
If the jury is feeling sick over their verdict, they knew that something is wrong with their decision. Why didn't they put more time into the task and ensure that they were confident in their decision?

You know what is kind of sad ... Ms Anthony doesn't seem to understand how much the general public disagrees with the verdict. She showed up for sentencing half believing that she would walk out of court that day. She was as dolled up as she could be given that she's been living in solitary confinement for 3 years. I half suspect that, in her world, she expects to emerge from the jail as some sort of celebrity to the cheers of the crowds. She may even think that all the fuss that will be put into safely removing her from the jail is an attempt to thwart her moment of glory.

JLM

If the jury is feeling sick over their verdict, they knew that something is wrong with their decision. Why didn't they put more time into the task and ensure that they were confident in their decision?

You know what is kind of sad ... Ms Anthony doesn't seem to understand how much the general public disagrees with the verdict. She showed up for sentencing half believing that she would walk out of court that day. She was as dolled up as she could be given that she's been living in solitary confinement for 3 years. I half suspect that, in her world, she expects to emerge from the jail as some sort of celebrity to the cheers of the crowds. She may even think that all the fuss that will be put into safely removing her from the jail is an attempt to thwart her moment of glory.

As long as people are commenting on this disgusting skag, she will be under the impression she is some kind of celebrity.

Ariadne
I think she expects to waltz out of prison holding her head up high as a victim of the justice system. I think the extra days on her sentence are to assimilate her out of the jail without her being like Alex, in Clockwork Orange, who could not survive in the world that he so eagerly exploited and indulged in prior to imprisonment.

TenPenny
+1

As long as people are commenting on this disgusting skag, she will be under the impression she is some kind of celebrity.

She is a celebrity; that's the American dream, to be on television.

It doesn't matter if you're on tv because you're being tried for murder, or if you are in a **** competition to get married, as long as you're on tv.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

She is a celebrity; that's the American dream, to be on television.

It doesn't matter if you're on tv because you're being tried for murder, or if you are in a **** competition to get married, as long as you're on tv.

I don't believe everyone is that shallow.

Ariadne
But she's not a celebrity. She faces additional charges and fines that she cannot pay. The offers have dried up, although Cindy Anthony said something about a book deal in NY. No one wants to have a child with Casey Anthony under these circumstances except someone that is equally dangerous, seriously desperate, or mentally ill. She will be the on mocking end of society for the remainder of her life - and deservingly so. When she walks out of jail, she's probably thinking something along the lines of ... she's a celebrity, she had a million dollar offer for a porn flick, she'll be rich even though that offer dried up ... she won't be prepared for being shunned, alienated, betrayed ... a pariah with nowhere to party - for the rest of her life.

Actually, perhaps I shouldn't be so confident. She's a chameleon that changes her stripes according to what she wants from someone. It worked with the jury. Perhaps she will continue to find fools to exploit ... but I think that she will probably have to murder again to hide her secrets when they unravel ... and we know they will.

TenPenny

But she's not a celebrity.

Of course she's a celebrity, you can't stop talking about her.

I don't believe everyone is that shallow.

Maybe not everybody, but look at the ratings of court tv, 'the bachelor/bachelorette', maury povich, etc etc etc.
There seems to be a huge number of people who want to be on these reality shows, and a bigger number of people who want to watch them.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Of course she's a celebrity, you can't stop talking about her.

I tried to put that hint across in post # 324!