Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert
A Man Is a Rape-Supporter If…. | Eve Bit First (external - login to view)
A man is a rape-supporter if…
- He has ever sexually engaged with any woman while she was underage, drunk, high, physically restrained, unconscious, or subjected to psychological, physical, economic, or emotional coercion.
So if the male was also under age at the same time, or equally high, allowed to have himself restrained at any time, became unconscious, or coerced himself..... it's still rape?
By the way, before I go any further, it's called Sexual Assault here in Canada.
- He defends the current legal definition of rape and/or opposes making consent a defense.
So if one supports the currently laws against Sexual Assault, they still support people being sexually assaulted? Even if you both consent to having sexual relations, it's still deemed sexual assault / rape??
What a fk'n maroon.
- He has accused a rape victim of having “buyer’s remorse” or wanting to get money from the man.
Depends on the evidence and situation.... there have been many cases where the above was actually true. Not all are, but not all who file charges of sexual assault are true victims and nothing ever really happened.
To think otherwise is retarded and dumb.
I love how thus far, it focuses on just men and what men think or do.... when I have encountered plenty of women who claimed a victim was wanting to get money out of the deal via settlement.
- He has blamed a woman for “putting herself in a situation” where she “could be” attacked.
That I could say I agree with, in general terms.
- He has procured a prostitute.
That's not sexual assault.... holy sh*t whoever wrote this is a true dolt.
- He characterizes prostitution as a “legitimate” “job” “choice” or defends men who purchase prostitutes.
What about male prostitution? Oh wait, let me guess, that doesn't count..... let me also guess that many men and women have no choice in going into pornography or prostitution, regardless of their personal reasons..... talk about ignorant.
Quote: to carry on or conduct (business, negotiations, activities, etc.) to a conclusion or settlement.
- He has ever revealed he conceives of sex as fundamentally transactional.
Both men an women have been known to do this, even outside of prostitution..... which none of it relates to sexual assault.
- He has gone to a strip club.
Oh well holy hell Batman, you better lock up 3/4's of the friggin male population and probably about the same amount of women who have male strippers come along for one of their little parties before their wedding, among other situations.
- He is anti-abortion.
- He is pro-”choice” because he believes abortion access will make women more sexually available.
The same thing was originally said about Birth Control when it first came out..... and what does sexual availability or activity have to do with sexual assault?
- He frames discussions of pornography in terms of “freedom of speech.”
WTF does that even mean? Who needs to defend themselves when they talk about porn and have to cite "Freedom of Speech?"
- He watches pornography in which women are depicted.
As opposed to what? Just men?
This is got to be one of the stupidest things I have come across in a long time..... this entire post.
- He watches any pornography in which sexual acts are depicted as a struggle for power or domination, regardless of whether women are present.
Or regardless if it's the woman doing the dominating? Apparently even if women are not present in the video or image and has no relation to females at all, it's still sexual assault and the viewer is still "A Rape Supporter!"
Gasp! It can't be!
WOW..... what frakking planet does this author live on?
- He characterizes the self-sexualizing behavior of some women, such as wearing make-up or high heels, as evidence of women’s desire to “get” a man.
For "Some" women who do this, they have openly admitted to these being their reasons..... it's no different then men dressing up, shaving or going to the gym.
But I suppose there should be two completely different standards for women and men based on the wording of this dumbass listing.
- He tells or laughs at jokes involving women being attacked, sexually “hoodwinked,” or sexually harassed.
I don't laugh at those kinds of jokes and usually note to the joker that I'm not amused... but if it's based on a hypothetical situation or joke that doesn't relate to any specific person.... and someone laughs..... that's a bit of a stretch to call them a "Rape Supporter"
- He expresses enjoyment of movies/musicals/TV shows/plays in which women are sexually demeaned or presented as sexual objects
Again.... what about men who are depicted in similar fashion towards women?
- He mocks women who complain about sexual attacks, sexual harassment, street cat-calls, media depictions of women, or other forms of sexual objectification.
Again..... what about men in similar situations?
I'm a man, and I was whistled at a few years back by a car load of girls..... whether serious or as a joke, they did it..... were they supporting the possible act of raping me??
- He supports sexual “liberation” and claims women would have more sex with (more) men if society did not “inhibit” them.
If a women wishes to be "Liberated" (quite a subjective term really) then isn't that their business and if one wishes to support their wishes, regardless of their gender..... how is that wrong?
- He states or implies that women who do not want to have sex with men are “inhibited,” “prudes,” “stuck-up,” “man-haters,” or psychologically ill.
That's more an ignorant opinion then any means of evidence that they support women being sexually assaulted.
- He argues that certain male behaviors towards women are “cultural” and therefore not legitimate subjects of feminist attention.
Which could be attributed to sexism, not sexual assault.
- He ever subordinates the interests of women in a given population to the interests of the men in that population, or proceeds in discussions as if the interests of the women are the same as the interests of the men.
Some women do the exact same thing..... because there are women and men who think about sex in very much the same way.
Oh no, I stated something relating to sex and the opposite gender!! I must be a "Rape Supporter!!"
- He promotes religious or philosophical views in which a woman’s physical/psychological/emotional/sexual well-being is subordinated to a man’s.
Again, sexism.... not directly related to Sexual Assault.
- He describes female anatomy in terms of penetration, or uses terms referencing the supposed “emptiness” of female anatomy when describing women.
Ignorant, rude, possibly sexist.... but not directly related to Sexual Assault.
- He defends the physical abuse of women on the grounds of “consent.”
If two adults consent with one another (be male/female, female/female or male/male, or otherwise) to such actions, then it's not sexual assault...... that's what makes the difference between sex and sexual assault..... CONSENT!
- He defends the sexualization or sexual abuse of minor females on the grounds of “consent” or “willingness.”
Pedophilia or Statutory Rape in regards to sexual abuse.... and while I don't agree with the current trends of "Sexualization" of minors that are present in our society.... it's been happening for decades by our media, marketing, celebrities, music, and culture in general. They see what adults do and wish to emulate..... that includes males as well.
- He promotes the idea that women as a class are happier or more fulfilled if they have children, or that they “should” have children.
Again, while perhaps sexist, how does that relate to sexual assault or "Rape?"
- He argues that people (or just “men”) have sexual “needs.”
Again, Sexists if anything, but that is all...... it would seem whoever wrote this crap have that view..... where women don't have sexual needs, would never on their own wish to "Sexualize" themselves, or look attractive, or want to have sex, or anything else listed above.
- He discusses the “types” of women he finds sexually appealing and/or attempts to demean women by telling them he does not find them sexually appealing.
What are you? Fk'n High?? It's a subjective personal opinion & preference..... both males and females do this all the damn time, and I bet $20 the tool who wrote this crap or believes this crap has their own opinions & preferences towards the gender they find attractive.
I guess every single human on this planet who is not a-sexual are all "Rape Supporters"
Quote: *Just shakes his head*
- He sexually objectifies lesbians or lesbian sexual activity.
- He defends these actions by saying that some women also engage in them.
So I guess facts & reality just don't win the argument?
This entire argument is about as intelligent and thought-through as the arguments against same-sex marriage...... ending with similar closing arguments.
"I'm right in everything I said and if you don't agree, you're a rape supporter..... you're the devil..... "
"I'm Right in everything I said and if you don't agree, you're a Terr'ist!!"
Thanks for wasting my time though.... I needed a break from reality.
By the way, I might have over-looked it, but Where's CUBert's response or personal opinion on what he posted?
Does he support this crap or just decided to post it for sh*ts & giggles?
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister
Yeah, that's pretty much the author's position. That's a very inclusive list, I can only conclude she thinks all men support rape, which is obvious nonsense. There are both male and female chauvinist pigs. I have no patience with either of them.
Indeed, all men are rape supporting scum bags and all the women who believe, think or practice most of what was mentioned above.... simply don't exist and just a figment of everyone's imagination.
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie
No... she points out in further writings that she does know some men who are ashamed to be men. Those men are cool in her books.
They're just trying to get into her pants
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM
How do you figure?
Because you judged her advance based on her looks, her voice, her personality...... basically if you judge, approve or reject anything a woman says or does, you're a rape supporter.....
.... so the safe bet for all men is to just get naked, lie down in the middle of the road, shut up and let women do what they want with us, regardless of our personal views, wishes or choices..... otherwise we're rape supporters.
And if they decide to run us over with their cars, we can't stop them or avoid being run over, or else we're rape supporters.
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom
I'll look into it.
Its natural women have no idea how much aggressive impulses men need to manage everyday. Normally men don't talk about it, no one likes to admit to everyone they struggle with unacceptable thoughts everyday. But the truth is we do, and I think most men manage them very well.
This thread's subject is literally a failure by a women to understand how men are different, and appreciate the men that do control themselves very well.
After reading it I certainly lost all respect for her intelligence, and it slightly put into question why I bother so hard to be respectful, and fight my instinct to try and dominate everything in my environment.
Men are as dangerous as any other aggressive animals on earth.
Just to speak for myself, I don't have to control anything.... you make it sound like all us men are Angry, Hormone-Raging Klingons hyped up on Viagra and X just wanting to screw everything that crosses our path..... and that we have to fight everyday to control this.
It sure isn't a "struggle" for me and I know it's not a struggle for some other men as well..... so speak for yourself and not for the rest of us..... that's what this stupid clown is doing in her views of us being all the same and all being rape supporters..... you're generalizing all males as being exactly like you and you're not helping things.
You make it sound like women should be grateful that we don't regularlly club them over the head and drag them back to our caves.
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny
You have to manage aggressive impulses every day?
I think you need some help. Or to go masturbate. Or something.
I was thinking the same thing.
Last edited by Praxius; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 09:41 PM..