Vampires? Real or not?


Siryphas
#1
It seems some time ago scientists unearthed the remains of what they believed to be a Vampire from ancient Venice. What does the general population believe? See for yourself: Dig unearths female 'vampire' in Venice - Science- msnbc.com
 
Ron in Regina
#2
Real or Not? Do Emotional Vampires count?
 
Johnnny
#3
i heard that there is a genetic disorder some people have that gives them the fang teeth, i dont know the details
 
Siryphas
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Real or Not? Do Emotional Vampires count?

I've heard of them. They believe they can suck out your energy. No, I'm talking real, fangs, superhuman speed, drink your blood, live forever, burn in the sun vampires lol!
 
Cliffy
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Real or Not? Do Emotional Vampires count?

They're everywhere! I call them psychic vampires, but, ya, the same thing.
 
Siryphas
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

i heard that there is a genetic disorder some people have that gives them the fang teeth, i dont know the details

Yeah, i heard about that too. There's also a disorder that can be cured by ingesting blood, but i dont remember the name.
 
Ron in Regina
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by SiryphasView Post

I've heard of them. They believe they can suck out your energy. No, I'm talking real, fangs, superhuman speed, drink your blood, live forever, burn in the sun vampires lol!


I was sort'a thinking of an ex from days gone by. Just wanted to see if we
where on the same page. She kind'a sucked the life out'a me at the time.
 
Cliffy
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I was sort'a thinking of an ex from days gone by. Just wanted to see if we
where on the same page. She kind'a sucked the life out'a me at the time.

I think most guys have had a run in with one of them at one time or another.
 
Siryphas
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I was sort'a thinking of an ex from days gone by. Just wanted to see if we
where on the same page. She kind'a sucked the life out'a me at the time.

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about...I've had someone I've know for what seems like ages. We've been, or so i thought, really close friends...well she took my journal and wrote in the middle of it saying she'd liked me since this night we had a fling (no sex involved) more than a year ago. So I asked her out. Rather than just turn me down, she told me that our entire friendship has been a lie and that she has a complete list of pro's and con's on me...the con's doubleing the pros. I felt like a mirror that'd been shattered. We're talking, but can't look at her without feeling as sort of emptyness in that pit deep down.
 
Siryphas
#10
Turns out she has commitmentphobia
 
Cliffy
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SiryphasView Post

Turns out she has commitmentphobia

I thought that was a male disease.
 
Siryphas
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I thought that was a male disease.

Well, guess she found the gene. But it's weird..cos we're talking again, but conservatively, from what I'm getting, she wasn't lying about her feelings at all, she's just deathly scared of me for a number of reasons and because I am someone who is looking for at least a little commitment...so she lashed out as viciously as she could....now I can't decide if I should be genuinly nice to her, or plot some revenge
 
Cliffy
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by SiryphasView Post

Well, guess she found the gene. But it's weird..cos we're talking again, but conservatively, from what I'm getting, she wasn't lying about her feelings at all, she's just deathly scared of me for a number of reasons and because I am someone who is looking for at least a little commitment...so she lashed out as viciously as she could....now I can't decide if I should be genuinly nice to her, or plot some revenge

Be nice and I would have to say you are a sucker for punishment. Revenge is for losers. Just write her off, she can't be that good in the sack to compensate for playing mind phuk games. Nobody is that good. Start thinking with your big head.
 
Johnnny
#14
so i take it you think your a vampire
 
Siryphas
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

so i take it you think your a vampire

HAHA! ME? No way! I like the Sun too much lol! And cheeseburgers...
 
Bar Sinister
#16
I assume you mean Bram Stoker type vampires. If so there is a logical proof for the nonexistence of vampires; it goes like this:
1. Stoker type vampires create new vampires when they kill their victim.
2. The new vampires kill their victims and create even more vampires.
3. If the original vampire kills just one person a week in single year he would
create 52 new vampires.
4. The 52 new vampires during the following year would create 2704 vampires.
5. The year after that the 2700 odd vampires would increase to seven million vampires.
6. By year three everyone would be a vampire.
I am not a vampire, therefore vampires do not exist, although I do stay up very late at night and live in a cold dark place.

Sorry to spoil everyones' fantasies, but there it is.
 
Cliffy
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I am not a vampire, therefore vampires do not exist, although I do stay up very late at night and live in a cold dark place.

You must be referring to Edmonton, right?
 
AnnaG
#18
There are people (real humans) who convince themselves that they are vampyres. It is nonsense of course, but these people file their teeth, stay out of sunlight, etc.
Lately people, kids mostly, have gotten into a "goth" theme. They dress in black clothes preferably with lots of buckles, studs, etc., wear very dark makeup, nail polish, and stuff.
I think it's kind of cool, myself. I even bought some goth boots to wear with my witchy costume at Halloween. I'm 6'4" with them on. lol That's without the pointy hat.
 
Bar Sinister
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

You must be referring to Edmonton, right?

Unfortunately, that is true.
 
L Gilbert
#20
Are vampires real? Get a grip.
 
spaminator
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I was sort'a thinking of an ex from days gone by. Just wanted to see if we
where on the same page. She kind'a sucked the life out'a me at the time.

yeah, i've been with women who sucked the life out of me.
 
eh1eh
#22
When I was a kid vampires only sucked blood.
 
SirJosephPorter
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I assume you mean Bram Stoker type vampires. If so there is a logical proof for the nonexistence of vampires; it goes like this:
1. Stoker type vampires create new vampires when they kill their victim.
2. The new vampires kill their victims and create even more vampires.
3. If the original vampire kills just one person a week in single year he would
create 52 new vampires.
4. The 52 new vampires during the following year would create 2704 vampires.
5. The year after that the 2700 odd vampires would increase to seven million vampires.
6. By year three everyone would be a vampire.
I am not a vampire, therefore vampires do not exist, although I do stay up very late at night and live in a cold dark place.

Sorry to spoil everyones' fantasies, but there it is.

It works like a chain letter, doesn't it? If everybody who got a chain letter sent one to say 2 or 3 of his acquaintances, the whole world would receive the chain letter in a few years. Most people don't understand how a geometric progression works.
 
SirJosephPorter
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by SiryphasView Post

Yeah, i heard about that too. There's also a disorder that can be cured by ingesting blood, but i dont remember the name.

It is called porphyria.

17 What is porphyria, why is it called "The Vampire Disease"?
 
lone wolf
#25
Dunno.... I wondered about my doctor for a while - but he died three years ago so I guess not....
 
ironsides
#26
They live., they crawl over buildings drinking up just about everything. Chech your shoes.
The law will take effect in late July or early August.

see more videos





President Barack Obama has called the new law "misguided" and has instructed the Justice Department to examine it to see if it's legal.


Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sharpton_pledge_to_fight_ariz_immig_O7cdlDmQ5GwTBr qZrorD5O#ixzz0mHPg6oOp
 
selin
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I assume you mean Bram Stoker type vampires. If so there is a logical proof for the nonexistence of vampires; it goes like this:
1. Stoker type vampires create new vampires when they kill their victim.
2. The new vampires kill their victims and create even more vampires.
3. If the original vampire kills just one person a week in single year he would
create 52 new vampires.
4. The 52 new vampires during the following year would create 2704 vampires.
5. The year after that the 2700 odd vampires would increase to seven million vampires.
6. By year three everyone would be a vampire.
I am not a vampire, therefore vampires do not exist, although I do stay up very late at night and live in a cold dark place.

Sorry to spoil everyones' fantasies, but there it is.

really, i got dissapointed
 
Twila
#28
the ex-inlaws had a roommate who thought he was a vampire. Had his teeth filed, slept in a coffin shaped bed, a real odd ball.

I was tempted to ask him about the sun / daylight thing, but figured it would be pointless to ask. He didn't glitter, so he couldn't have been a cullen vampire.
 
AnnaG
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I assume you mean Bram Stoker type vampires. If so there is a logical proof for the nonexistence of vampires; it goes like this:
1. Stoker type vampires create new vampires when they kill their victim.
2. The new vampires kill their victims and create even more vampires.
3. If the original vampire kills just one person a week in single year he would
create 52 new vampires.
4. The 52 new vampires during the following year would create 2704 vampires.
5. The year after that the 2700 odd vampires would increase to seven million vampires.
6. By year three everyone would be a vampire.
I am not a vampire, therefore vampires do not exist, although I do stay up very late at night and live in a cold dark place.

Sorry to spoil everyones' fantasies, but there it is.

That's one kind of vampire story. There are stories that explain those items pretty logically, though. You are assuming that vampyres could not be killed, that they couldn't farm humans for blood, etc.
But it is moot, though, as they can't exist biologically.
 
Twila
#30
Quote:

You are assuming that vampyres could not be killed, that they couldn't farm humans for blood, etc.

Well you know that someone would start to promote wild humans over the farmed humans. Then there'd be the whole debate over organic and non organic...It'd just get too messy.
 

Similar Threads

28
Nothing is real
by Stretch | Oct 12th, 2009
3
Where Have All the Real Men Gone?
by sanctus | Jan 31st, 2007
9
This is for real.
by Ten Packs | Apr 7th, 2005
no new posts