Vampires? Real or not?

SirJosephPorter
While vampire lore originated in Christian countries, it has spread into non Christian countries. I have read some of the non Christian vampire fiction. There is one big difference between a Christian and a non Christian vampire. While a Christian vampire can be killed by the cross (or be scared away by the cross), the cross or holy water does not work on a Jewish vampire or a Hindu vampire. Other methods of killing (running water, sunlight etc.) are OK.

I remember reading a vampire story from India. The vampire was killed not by a cross, but by a trident.

DaSleeper
Talk about a pathetic one track mind.......

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Well you know that someone would start to promote wild humans over the farmed humans. Then there'd be the whole debate over organic and non organic...It'd just get too messy.

Oh, yeah, and the gov't would be indecisive about it, too. Right. Really messy.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Talk about a pathetic one track mind.......

Nope. 2 tracks like a railway, but his tracks aren't parallel.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

Nope. 2 tracks like a railway, but his tracks aren't parallel.

You're right It's either the Christians' fault or Conservatives' fault and to him there is no difference between the two

gopher
Of course they are for real! So are werewolves, goblins, and the Abominable Snowman! Dracula was the King of Vampires as we all know. But Vampira was the Queen!

Here she is in action:

YouTube - The Vampira Show 1954

She says, "screaming relaxes me so".