Most Liked......but Incredibly BORING

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Recently according to some international poll, I forget the name, Britain has been voted the most liked country, but yet they have also been voted the most boring, now I personally agree with the point that we are at least a little bit boring, but liked?....surely not?

whats ur thoughts?, I would say that we (the british) like Canadians because of several reasons, history, links, Owen Hargreaves, the british bulldog did his part towards Anglo-Canadian errm...relations, however bad it ended up. We like the Americans, honest we do, they've got a lot of bad press lately, but we like em honest, if not for the bad guy role's we get in Hollywood, or for Winston Churchill's New Yorker Mother Jenny.

But really guy's and girls, who do YOU think is the most friendly, liked and most happening country in the world...I'd vote for Sweden!! :twisted:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Most Liked......but I

ah-ha, but where would we be without the poles eh?, without a decent axis and we'd be spiining out of control it would be chaos I tell ye!!!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I like the British, but Canada would have to be the most liked country out there.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Honestly, I never pay attention to these world wide, best country, best health care, most wealthy, biggest dick polls.

I have been to England several times, and I NEVER found anyone boring! So there. 8)

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

you just havent looked hard enough ITN, there's plenty of boring one's here lol

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Daz_Hockey said:
We like the Americans, honest we do, they've got a lot of bad press lately, but we like em honest, if not for the bad guy role's we get in Hollywood, or for Winston Churchill's New Yorker Mother Jenny.

But your accents fit the part so nicely! :p

Muahahaha :twisted:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

yes...but what did Churchill say?

"if it were my father, and not my mother who was born here, I wouldnt have to bother visiting, I'd be sat here already"

cockey blighter...expect that's his american side again lol

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

the last time I was in a bar in the states, I managed to talk my way into getting 12 free drinks cus I told the barman I lived near Benny Hill's grave.

It's great...so which part of new york r u from?...I was in Spanish Harlem....98th street west off amsterdam ave putting on my yankie accent to some black bum who thought I was a local....thats crazy

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Most Liked......but I

Daz_Hockey said:
the last time I was in a bar in the states, I managed to talk my way into getting 12 free drinks cus I told the barman I lived near Benny Hill's grave.

LOL! I love it!

Daz_Hockey said:
It's great...so which part of new york r u from?...I was in Spanish Harlem....98th street west off amsterdam ave putting on my yankie accent to some black bum who thought I was a local....thats crazy

I've lived all over New York City. Manhattan mostly, but got too expensive for my tastes and moved into Queens (Fresh Meadows), but I go to Manhattan all the time. We should have a drink if you're ever back! Maybe you can tell me a Benny Hill story and I'll buy you drinks :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I would bet that the boring part came from your weather. I heard it can be a bit dreary and rainy.

How can you not love the country that spawned Monty Python and Benny Hill?

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

yeah, lovely weather, you get all seasons in one day here.

It breaks your heart what heppened to poor old Benny Hill, you know he never kept any of the money he earned, he gave all of it to charity, and died very poor, he is my town's biggest name (apart from the titanic and the mayflower..oh and Craig David but we dont mention him).

I was told not to go past 103rd west at night near harlem....I hear it's pretty bad...well it was for the jpanese guy I heard of trying to score some weed off a local, and when robbed he told a black policeman that a "big brack niggero stole my money for weed!!"

did the police help him?....well he did laugh in his face lol

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

I do sleep...not much lately though...this Dissertation is overwhelming...multi-tasking has a lot to answer for I tell thee

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

"the effect of paradigms on the concepts of human-computer interaction and their concurrent benefits"

sounds exciting doesnt it

now that is ba-ba-boom.......increadibly BORING

and as they say, I thank-a you time to sleep

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Germans are the most boring people in the world.

The British aren't boring at all.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Re: RE: Most Liked......but I

Daz_Hockey said:
"the effect of paradigms on the concepts of human-computer interaction and their concurrent benefits"

sounds exciting doesnt it

now that is ba-ba-boom.......increadibly BORING

and as they say, I thank-a you time to sleep

Hi Daz - sorry I didn't see your reply until just now...

WOW your title alone should befuddle your examiners. I hope you are giving a written defense instead of an oral one - the words are gonna be huge...

Which leads me to one "paradigm" of human-computer interaction... a large rear end from sitting too long typing on forums. :wink:

Concurrent benefits? Well we meet people from all over the world, unless you aren't using "forums" as a model.... and yet I think forums would be a wonderful new model for a dissertation.

I think it isn't boring at all - there are some terrific ideas you could try out on us..... hehe

Good luck and get some sleep y'hear?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Re: RE: Most Liked......but Incredibly BORING

Blackleaf said:
The Germans are the most boring people in the world.

The British aren't boring at all.

Blackleaf

While you need no confirmation from lowly me ... I adore the Brits!

But please admit some are boring - that's what I love about them, they can bore with such elegance!!! :p