What did Jesus look like ?

Ludlow
+1
Have ya seen the portraits of the sandy haired blue eyed Jesus ? I wonder what made the west think he looked like that. In the movies you have Max Von Sydow and Jeffrey Hunter playing the title role. Both with brown hair and blue eyes. Mel Gibson in his movie The Passion Of Christ , cast a jesus that was probably the closest to realty so far. But considering where he was from I would imagine a dark skinned, black haired , brown eyed middle eastern person like Yassir Arafat or a dark skinned Jim Croce. You know the older you get the more you realize that not very many things are what they seem to be. Mankind has built into his nature the practices of embellishment and outright fabrication. Why? Because we are attention *****s. At any rate I think this Jesus was a plain looking man of his day. What was special about him were his teachings.

Cliffy
Yup. He probably looked more like Bin Laden than Mel Gibson.

Murphy
He looks like you want him to look.

To me, he looks like this because I don't believe he would not want to look unkempt, swarthy and smell of camel urine. But that's me. And he'd have nice feet. Not calloused and dirty.

Bar Sinister
+1
Actually the image many modern Christians have of Christ is based on a work of art by Albrecht Durer who was so vain he modeled Christ on himself.

spaminator

akiane kramarik (external - login to view)

Danbones
These theories usually also include the reasoning that Jesus was Aryan because Galilee was supposedly a non-Jewish region speaking an unknown Indo-European language, but this has not gained scholarly acceptance (in fact, Galilee had a significant non-Jewish minority, but these spoke various local Semitic languages)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...rance_of_Jesus (external - login to view)

jesus could have looked like any one/any color, but some people don't really do actual history do they?
so they tend to dictate

'ts a lefty thing I guess

Tecumsehsbones
Jesus had pale skin (kinda unusual for somebody that spends a lot of time outdoors in the desert, but hey, he was magical!), blondish brown hair, and blue eyes. He was always clean, even after 40 days alone in the desert (see aforementioned magic!) and wore a spotless white robe with some kinda brown thing draped around it.

tay

Danbones

clinton is the darker one

like I said leftii types don't really check facts

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Jesus had pale skin (kinda unusual for somebody that spends a lot of time outdoors in the desert, but hey, he was magical!), blondish brown hair, and blue eyes. He was always clean, even after 40 days alone in the desert (see aforementioned magic!) and wore a spotless white robe with some kinda brown thing draped around it.

He carried a carbine under his robe, too.

youtu.be/mZaCiP2_2RM (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

He carried a carbine under his robe, too.

youtu.be/mZaCiP2_2RM (external - login to view)

Don't be ridiculous. Jesus carried Colt .45. It's in the bible: "Blessed are the Peacemakers."

And he spoke English.

Curious Cdn
+2
#12  Top Rated Post

And he spoke English.

...with an Appalachian accent.

mentalfloss
Brown.

Danbones
...it's a leftii thing I guess

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

And he spoke English.

...with an Appalachian accent.

Texas accent.

White_Unifier
+1

Don't be ridiculous. Jesus carried Colt .45. It's in the bible: "Blessed are the Peacemakers."

And he spoke English.

He spoke English with an Oxford accent and wrote the Authorised Version of the Bible himself. What a mastery of the English language he had indeed!

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Have ya seen the portraits of the sandy haired blue eyed Jesus ? I wonder what made the west think he looked like that. In the movies you have Max Von Sydow and Jeffrey Hunter playing the title role. Both with brown hair and blue eyes. Mel Gibson in his movie The Passion Of Christ , cast a jesus that was probably the closest to realty so far. But considering where he was from I would imagine a dark skinned, black haired , brown eyed middle eastern person like Yassir Arafat or a dark skinned Jim Croce. You know the older you get the more you realize that not very many things are what they seem to be. Mankind has built into his nature the practices of embellishment and outright fabrication. Why? Because we are attention *****s. At any rate I think this Jesus was a plain looking man of his day. What was special about him were his teachings.

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." (Isaiah 53:2 NIV)

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

"He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." (Isaiah 53:2 NIV)

Written before Jesus was born, therefore obviously a first-hand account of personal observation.

If y'all have faith, that is.

taxslave
+1
Jesus was most likely black according to my live in authority.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Jesus was most likely black according to my live in authority.

Hey, after 40 days and nights in the desert, you would be too.

taxslave
+1
I got GPS. Not likely I would be wondering around in a desert for long.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I got GPS. Not likely I would be wondering around in a desert for long.

Blasphemy! *whack!*

--Omar Sharif, Lawrence of Arabia

taxslave
I'm a wetcoaster. I don't do temperature extremes.

Ludlow
+1
All very witty comments. Maybe you can do some stand up on the weekends.

Tecumsehsbones
We gave the subject all the serious consideration it deserved.

Ludlow
+1

We gave the subject all the serious consideration it deserved.

Of course. Not your cup of tea so anyone elses opinion is null and void.

Tecumsehsbones

Of course. Not your cup of tea so anyone elses opinion is null and void.

Irrelevant what a person known for his contribution to religion/philosophy looked like. Not only irrelevant, but unknown and unknowable. And what one looks like is not an opinion, it is a fact. Therefore, opinions are indeed null and void.

Ludlow
+1

Irrelevant what a person known for his contribution to religion/philosophy looked like. Not only irrelevant, but unknown and unknowable. And what one looks like is not an opinion, it is a fact. Therefore, opinions are indeed null and void.

No one then should discuss anything without your approval. Noted .

Tecumsehsbones

No one then should discuss anything without your approval. Noted .

Quit whining. It don't look good on you.

Ludlow
+1
Fukk off chief. Go protest somewhere.