What Harlem New York Looked Like In 1939

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

LiveLeak OP intro: I put this collection of public domain footage together from a series off film that was taken for but was not used for a documentary called 'Metropolis 1939'. These bits show the New York City neighborhood of Harlem, and you guys might be surprised at what you see.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Harlem is enjoying a new renaissance of sorts with gentrification. This is forcing a lot of the poor out of there and into the East New York section of Brooklyn. Those brownstone buildings that you see in the video are being revitalized and are now worth a fortune, each.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Harlem is enjoying a new renaissance of sorts with gentrification. This is forcing a lot of the poor out of there and into the East New York section of Brooklyn. Those brownstone buildings that you see in the video are being revitalized and are now worth a fortune, each.

The housing market slump/disaster will take care of that upscalenessification infestation.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Think space aliens and flux capacitors. Sorry, but that's the only hint they get!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Not one person,of all the "interactive "individuals"no one told the interaction of conversation has bizarre content,
But my relevancy of fact with all kinds of important political information was met with attempting to disorientated my knowledge,one technique was to label my expression and opinion and knowledge as coming from the mouth of a crazy illiterate,but when expressions like above,crazy expressions,NOTHING'
Why is that and why do I feel my interactions are limited,I seek others who love information design like I do,How come my audiences is limited?

Number 4 is my lucky number,now it is

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Why is that and why do I feel my interactions are limited,I seek others who love information design like I do,How come my audiences is limited?

jesus h. christ...because you're as dumb as a bag of hair.

now...

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
jesus h. christ...because you're as dumb as a bag of hair.

now...

We established this a long time ago,did we not,becoming mad and loud about my stupidity is not helping the matter,
It makes responses such as these,look stupider then myself,chill,and please tell me why no other blogs are met with name calling and loudness
You have no credibility,smoke rings in the dark

Losers

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
We established this a long time ago,did we not,becoming mad and loud about my stupidity is not helping the matter,
It makes responses such as these,look stupider then myself,chill,and please tell me why no other blogs are met with name calling and loudness
You have no credibility,smoke rings in the dark

Losers

What is it with you and fu cking blogs? This is NOT a fu cking blog site. It is a fu cking message board. If you want to fu cking blog, or read fu cking blogs, go the fu ck somewhere else.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are reading and posting on one now....stupid.

It seems like there's a lot of geeks around who don't have much of a clue about the limited computer knowledge of us old codgers who comparatively speaking only learned how to turn the f**KIng thing on and off about a week ago and are still groping our way around the key board. A little patience would be appreciated, man! :)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It seems like there's a lot of geeks around who don't have much of a clue about the limited computer knowledge of us old codgers who comparatively speaking only learned how to turn the f**KIng thing on and off about a week ago and are still groping our way around the key board. A little patience would be appreciated, man! :)

I have no patience for stupidity, and she is as stupid as the day is long.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Dingbat you present as having no patience for anything,from Vern to Dingbat you are moving up in the forum

What makes me stupid not knowing what a message board is?
I have not been introduced to anything intelligent within your writings,"dingbat"