5000+ years old underwater Hindu Temple at Bali-Indonesia

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hinduism (Sanatan Dharma) is world’s oldest Civilization having history over 12000 years; had influence almost across the World till western Abrahmic religions formed some 2500 years back which are rejecting/destroying great ancient human heritage wherever they spread!

See 5000+ years Hindu Devata Vishnu’s temple found underwater near Bali, Indonesia. Local call this new Scuba diving spot at Pemuteran Beach as “Underwater Temple Garden – Bali”

http://globindian.wordpress.com/2015/10/12/5000-years-old-underwater-hindu-temple-at-bali-indonesia/

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
'Religion is Poison'-Anon
I wouldn't disagree but some of them gave some great art and architecture.

I would disagree with the age of this temple as it is hundreds of feet below sea level tells me that it was built during the last Ice Age and was buried when the glaciers melted of the northern continents.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I wouldn't disagree but some of them gave some great art and architecture.

I would disagree with the age of this temple as it is hundreds of feet below sea level tells me that it was built during the last Ice Age and was buried when the glaciers melted of the northern continents.
Hundreds of feet? A)Nobody scuba dives at those depths and B)Can you see how light it is in the pictures? That water isn't even a hundred feet deep.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hundreds of feet? A)Nobody scuba dives at those depths and B)Can you see how light it is in the pictures? That water isn't even a hundred feet deep.
Could be. I was thinking that the water level was down 400 feet during the last ice age which is why many of the ancient coastal cities are under water. I think this is where the legends of the great flood originate.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why would the Hindus want to worship under water? Everybody knows that there is absolutely no proof that the world's ocean levels are rising, so we must conclude that the Hndus built their temples under water. Nothing else makes sense.