Ancient cannibals liked their meat smothered in chilli sauce: Study

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ancient cannibals liked their meat smothered in chilli sauce: Study
Postmedia Network
First posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:42 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:18 AM EDT
It's not who you eat, it's how you prepare them.
Researchers have found evidence a cannibalistic tribe that lived in Mexico more than 2,500 years ago liked to season its human meals with chilli peppers and brightly coloured spices that stained the victims' bones.
The evidence comes from a team that studied the remains of 18 men, women and children in the ancient community of Tlatelcomila — near Mexico City.
The bones, chipped with what appeared to be cutting tools, hinted at evidence of cannibalism. When the researchers looked closer to find out why the bones were tinted red and yellow, they found evidence of a meticulous recipe that included smothering the meat in chilli spices.
The preparation method — some were grilled while others boiled — resulted in slightly different colours on the bones.
The study — called Savoury Recipes and the Colour of the Tlatelcomila Human Bones — was published in the journal Archaeometry.
A new study shows a cannibalistic tribe that lived in Mexico over 2,500 years ago liked to season its human meals with spices and chilli peppers. REUTERS/Culley's/Handout via Reuters
Ancient cannibals liked their meat smothered in chilli sauce: Study | Weird | Ne

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yeah, how did you know? You got some Edgar Casey blood in you? My voices only appear while reading, how about yours?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You don't just 'come off mould'. Come to think of it I have no fuking idea how to do that, I'm not that pleased about it either.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Uh, . . . it doesn't work like that, they tell me what to type and I have no power to stop it, mostly because it would interfere with smiling and laughing. I might be the only one here with voices as most seem to be quite clueless as comes with complete silence.