Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

story

Photos: Behind That 1920s Selfie Taken On A NYC Rooftop: Gothamist

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Never said it was a photo. Neither did the thread title. Said it was a "selfie," as in "self-portrait."

According to the OED, a selfie is "A photograph that one has taken of oneself."

Selfies are photos, not paintings. And you can't get an earlier selfie than the one Mr Cornelius took of himself in 1839.

Yet another grand failure on your part. I think it's two days in a row I've pointed out one of your failures.

I understand English is hard for you foreigners, but do try to keep up.

I think you need to take time out and do some research as to why English is called English.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
According to the OED, a selfie is "A photograph that one has taken of oneself."

Selfies are photos, not paintings. And you can't get an earlier selfie than the one Mr Cornelius took of himself in 1839.

Yet another grand failure on your part. I think it's two days in a row I've pointed out one of your failures.

I think you need to take time out and do some research as to why English is called English.
Well, according to the right you love so much, it's the language of America.

Yet another grand failure on your part to realise your island is no longer significant. You had a good run. It's over.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, according to the right you love so much, it's the language of America.

It's the language of England as well. You know, the country where ENGLISH originated.

Yet another grand failure on your part to realise your island is no longer significant. You had a good run. It's over.

I can tell when you've lost an argument. It's very predictable stuff.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Sorry little pony feller; under CC Verbal Croquet Law 28, a (1):

a fault is committed if, during the striking period, the striker: touches the head of the mallet with his hand, or slides the mallet along his foot or leg to guide it

We're sorry, but the game goes to Blackleaf.

The ruling is final.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just took a quick selfie in case you guys are curious...

almost there

it's worth the scroll...

just so beautiful am I