New Challenger Video Super 8 Film Of Space Shuttle Disaster

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Interesting new footage. I hadn't been born yet at the time but I remember my father and grandparents telling me about watching it on tv. I clearly remember Columbia though. I had been following that mission as well as several previous ones.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Interesting new footage. I hadn't been born yet at the time but I remember my father and grandparents telling me about watching it on tv. I clearly remember Columbia though. I had been following that mission as well as several previous ones.

I remember getting up at about 4am to watch the first ever flight of Columbia. It was taken up on the back of a 747 and released to glide back to earth. I also remember watching this event live on tv and the final flight of Columbia.

There have been many disasters in the various space programs over the years. The 2 destroyed space shuttles were really just the most publicized.

Space disasters - a timeline | Science | guardian.co.uk

USA, Space Disasters Timeline, 21st Century

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

The one I remember is Space Shuttle Columbia that exploded above me in Arlington, Texas and debris falling all around the DFW Metroplex area.. even in the school yard down I45.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I remember getting up at about 4am to watch the first ever flight of Columbia. It was taken up on the back of a 747 and released to glide back to earth. I also remember watching this event live on tv and the final flight of Columbia.

There have been many disasters in the various space programs over the years. The 2 destroyed space shuttles were really just the most publicized.

Space disasters - a timeline | Science | guardian.co.uk

USA, Space Disasters Timeline, 21st Century

Indeed. The Russians seem to have had the worst luck when it comes to space disasters. Though as far as I know no one has actually died in space yet. Its only during launch or re-entry when deaths occur. Or in the case of Apollo 1, a routine test.