Operation Northwoods

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962. The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[2] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."
Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
"The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."

I'm not a 9/11 truther, but anyone who dismisses it off because they believe it's not a possibility the U.S government would not perpetrate terrorist attacks against their own citizens hasn't heard about Operation Northwoods.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Two questions. Do you have a source for your post and is there any evidence that Operation Northwoods was ever put into action?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962. The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[2] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."
Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:
"The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."

I'm not a 9/11 truther, but anyone who dismisses it off because they believe it's not a possibility the U.S government would not perpetrate terrorist attacks against their own citizens hasn't heard about Operation Northwoods.

Did you actually READ the source you quote???

First of all, the proposal was brought forward during the worst of the Cold War, when we were nose-to-nuclear nose with the USSR, whom had just tried to insert nuclear weapons into Cuba, which had become an American obsession.

Secondly, despite the above, NOT ONLY was the proposal roundly rejected by the White House, the Head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was demoted for even thinking about it.

Get a grip.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
I don't give a **** if it was during the Cold War, what the hell does that even matter? They're discussing committing terrorist attacks against their own citizens!
It was rejected because KENNEDY was in office , oh what ever happened to him btw?
Now when you got a maniac like Bush in office, I can see something like this being approved.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I don't give a **** if it was during the Cold War, what the hell does that even matter? They're discussing committing terrorist attacks against their own citizens!
It was rejected because KENNEDY was in office , oh what ever happened to him btw?
Now when you got a maniac like Bush in office, I can see something like this being approved.

That's because you're an idiot, and can't see past whatever hallucinations are projected by that twisted thing you so loosely call a brain.

How's the tinfoil hat?

Getting a little tight??

it makes no difference what you can "see", the bloody thing was 30 YEARS before 9-11, Bush had nothing to do with it, and it was not only rejected out of hand, people were punished for even proposing it........and in fact, I would be amazed to learn Bush had ever HEARD of it.

Quit with the conspiracy BS.

You're making a fool of yourself.

Well, at least that is ONE thing you're good at.....

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Bush would definitely agree to something like this.
CIA is a terrorist organization and Bush enjoyed committing terrorism.

I'm not a 9/11 truther, but the notion that the government wouldn't commit terrorism against their own citizens is unequivocally false.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
That doesn't mean I'm a truther. I didn't say 9/11 was an inside job, just weak defense against it that the government couldn't possibly commit such an act is weak and false.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That doesn't mean I'm a truther. I didn't say 9/11 was an inside job, just weak defense against it that the government couldn't possibly commit such an act is weak and false.
Right. Because you're a truther. We already knew that. It's not as if this is your first incarnation here cubby.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
None of that is true and has already been thoroughly debunked.

Colpy's memory seems to be terrible as he keeps repeating the same stupid horse**** that has been debunked too many times to count. :lol:

No it's illegal, pretty much everything they do is illegal.

As well the paint guns were completely proven wrong as well. Israel thinks we're all stupid, think it's easy to lie and get away with it.
It's easy to see why they think that when looking at people such as yourself, lapping up everything they say as absolute truth without question.
Fortunately not everyone is as dimwitted as you.

Cry about it troll.

Yeah I can see how an uneducated person would think that

You're not funny, you're a trolling moron. The old-folks home has allocated too many hours of computer time to you.

False information got from pro-Israeli sources, I believe that's called propaganda.
. You weren't on the Flotilla.

Do you have any self-awareness at all? :lol:

who was seeking martyrdom? that's bs.

Anyone see a pattern here?????

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

A whole lot of things are POSSIBLE but when you look at them in context, they are so highly improbable that they strain the limits of that possiblity. 9/11 was not an inside job. Osama bin Laden was not a CIA operative (although he was trained and armed by them to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan). The US gov't didn't blow the buildings.

Really, I have a hard time with the 9/11 truthers: what reason would the US have had, even under an idiot like Bush (who was a bad president, sorry pro-Republicans) to want a conflict in Afghanistan, that would also trigger a recession at home? There is no strategic objective that makes sense: feeding the military-industrial complex only goes so far...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ever heard of how when you play Obama's "yes we can" backwards it says "thank you satan"? Well when you play "9-11 was an inside job" backwards it says "get a job at 7-11 before they fund more terror".

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Yes & Yes.

Umm. I was kind of hoping for a bit more than a simple assertion. Could you possibly state your sources? Your post is worthless without them.

I Googled Operation Northwood and could find no evidence that it was ever put into action.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Cubans were able to defend themselves in limited action like the Bay of Pigs.
The other part of the Cuban Missile Crisis shows now it was solved in a give and
take fashion. USSR missiles were withdraw and the Americans withdrew theirs
from Pakistan on the southern boarder with the Russians.
There were all kinds of plots and counter plots during the cold war so nothing
surprises me, but all the Americans had to do in the case of Cuba was commit
to serious talks to solve the problems.
The real problem with Cuba was not Castro it was the crime syndicates that owned
the gambling, prostitution and dope trade while the very rich, financed the greed of
nation for their own purposes. Only ten percent of the people could read and write
and they starved while those of privilege did as they pleased. Castro put an end
to the crime and mistreatment of the people. The remaining problem is the Americans
seem to be able to embargo Cuba for injustice, but they pat China and other
despicable regimes on the back and even borrow money from them.
As for an American Government taking part in this nonsense.