The bastardization of Language

Are literacy standards declining, and should there be a more diciplined approach to the teaching of

• Total voters

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
For the same reason many people have similar, but slightly different spellings of surnames......

a lot of people couldnt spell then. And Limey is a good thing....unless you wanted all sorts of horrible casulties. And I can understand Freisian...doesnt make it the same language now does it?

Of course Limey is a good thing scurvey was a bad thing, I still have all kinds of relatives in UK. if you come to New Scotland the dialects will blow you away I can't understand a Lunenburger unless he speaks slowly and I need a translator to travel in Cape Breaton.:laughing7:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Don't worry about you mistakes, we all make spelling mistakes and typo errors. So what!

The fun here is being able to discuss and even sometimes argue about different points of view.

I couldn't care less how someone writes their post as long as I can understand.

Awwwwwww Thank You :) SEE Beav :p

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Of course Limey is a good thing scurvey was a bad thing, I still have all kinds of relatives in UK. if you come to New Scotland the dialects will blow you away I can't understand a Lunenburger unless he speaks slowly and I need a translator to travel in Cape Breaton.:laughing7:

Trust me, it's similar here. Where I am (in Southampton...gateway to the Empire, home of the Mayflower etc etc) we dont speak cockney, were kind of in between that and the accent you might associate with Pip's poor family in great expectations...in fact my grandad sounds just like the guy that initially took him in....you try understanding a Brummie or Scouser.

A lot of people dont realise that only a few speak in the type of English accent so commonly used as bad guy's in Hollywood films.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Trust me, it's similar here. Where I am (in Southampton...gateway to the Empire, home of the Mayflower etc etc) we dont speak cockney, were kind of in between that and the accent you might associate with Pip's poor family in great expectations...in fact my grandad sounds just like the guy that initially took him in....you try understanding a Brummie or Scouser.

A lot of people dont realise that only a few speak in the type of English accent so commonly used as bad guy's in Hollywood films.

You should hear it here! Every state has its own dialect and every major city their own. Its no wonder I sound like a mixed up Southern/New Englander

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

We might be related hahah my grandsire left from a wharf in Liverpool sometime in 1912 he was a seaman with DarkBeaver seamen, he carried out gods devine mission and got me saviour of the planet to the New World West India.:laughing7:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
You should hear it here! Every state has its own dialect and every major city their own. Its no wonder I sound like a mixed up Southern/New Englander

Yeah, I had a problem on the phone the other day with a woman from VA, Although I still prefer an incredibly deep south accent to that of the screwl of a New York one.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Pfffffft youcandi****outbutyoucanttakeitehwellyourstillcuteandistillloveyaeventhoughyoudontlikemyspellin
GoodSelf where praytell have you gotten the silly idea that I have the slightest probblum with you're speeling, near as I can tell it's as least as good as mine and communicates whatever blah blah etc;:laughing7:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
We might be related hahah my grandsire left from a wharf in Liverpool sometime in 1912 he was a seaman with DarkBeaver seamen, he carried out gods devine mission and got me saviour of the planet to the New World West India.:laughing7:

Good-o chap. My mother was born in Liverpool (as was my grandfather), she has many relatives in Australia and my father's family are related to George Franklin (son of the turncoat Franklin.....or supposedly bastard son......not true.). And legend has it, direct from my father's paternal line (Franklin is my grandmother's surname) the Hockey's had a big part to do with troop training in Nova Scotia.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
GoodSelf where praytell have you gotten the silly idea that I have the slightest probblum with you're speeling, near as I can tell it's as least as good as mine and communicates whatever blah blah etc;:laughing7:

Hmmmm wouldnt be a certain post you made last week eh? ;) Women NEVER forget.....and if the look like an elephant your screwled!