CDN Election 2019

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Poor Turdoh is AWOL today. He's such an asshole. Schadenfreude.
You obviously missed his very good pres conference........and very effective statement. He was authentic, sincere, apologetic and HUMAN. which is more than one can say bout some of the media ...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You obviously missed his very good pres conference........and very effective statement. He was authentic, sincere, apologetic and HUMAN. which is more than one can say bout some of the media ...

No... he was caught... then he apologized.

Then during the apology he lied about how many times he wore blackface. Now he is saying that he has no idea how many times he wore it. But I doubt a Klansman knows how many times he wore a Klan outfit.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau speaks at town hall in Saskatoon

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId...binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1&binPageNum=1

watch live............unless you think it is "fake news."
I'm listening to it. It's in Saskatchewan, right now, with no boo's, not hecklers, no mention of his Blackface the day after it hit the media (?), and softball questions that it's obvious that he's had time to rehearse answers for as we've heard what he sounds like without a script. It's not fake news, but it's not a spontaneous and UN-screened audience. This might as well be taking place in a sound stage in Toronto. It's not fake, but it's not real.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm listening to it. It's in Saskatchewan, right now, with no boo's, not hecklers, no mention of his Blackface the day after it hit the media (?), and softball questions that it's obvious that he's had time to rehearse answers for as we've heard what he sounds like without a script. It's not fake news, but it's not a spontaneous and UN-screened audience. This might as well be taking place in a sound stage in Toronto. It's not fake, but it's not real.
They rounded up some tame ones to fill the joint, eh?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I understand what you are saying........ and am watching it too. It looks to me like a comfortable environment to ahve dialogue........and in MY so humble opinion......I think he mishandling himself very well........and has really matured in how he comports himself since when he as elected . The people asking the questions are not the aggressive press.........they are regular folks and they are being tactful. and respectful. He is turn is being very respectful too.

IMHO........he has had some major knocks..........and will learn from them. He is Not defensive, he is not rationalizing his conduct, or minimizing it. He met it head on in his press conference.......and handles himself very well.......IMHO........it was a hell of a tough position to be in.

It is not like he has sexually abused women.......had a sting of affairs or any of the multitude of dysfunctional conduct in the leader to the south of us. Even the bloke in Britain is off to a very bad and illegal start.

Just comes across as a real PEOPLE person.......a quality necessary in that role.. Don't see him as bright as his dad........but he is his own person. IMHO......there was NO malicious intent in his costume activity........or parrying.

That townhouse meet........left me with a positive impression of not only the folks in SASK.......but how he handled himself. but opinions will vary......and that is just fine.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I understand what you are saying........ and am watching it too. It looks to me like a comfortable environment to ahve dialogue........and in MY so humble opinion......I think he mishandling himself very well........and has really matured in how he comports himself since when he as elected . The people asking the questions are not the aggressive press.........they are regular folks and they are being tactful. and respectful. He is turn is being very respectful too.

I live in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan of right now. This isn't real, as in unscripted and unscreened regular & real people. This was highly staged.

IMHO........he has had some major knocks..........and will learn from them. He is Not defensive, he is not rationalizing his conduct, or minimizing it. He met it head on in his press conference.......and handles himself very well.......IMHO........it was a hell of a tough position to be in.

I agree, in that he wasn't defensive as he didn't have to be in this situation. There's an election campaign on right now and not a single tough question at this....whatever it was? Not a Question about Mark Norman? Not a question about SNC Lavolin? Not a question about the 20,000+ unemployed oilfield workers in SK (or the 100,000+ AB oilfield workers)? Not a tough question about the Carbon Tax imposed upon Saskatchewan? Doesn't this just seem a little odd to you? Not a question about Bill's C48 or C69? No a question about China & Canola & Huawei?

It is not like he has sexually abused women.......had a sting of affairs or any of the multitude of dysfunctional conduct in the leader to the south of us. Even the bloke in Britain is off to a very bad and illegal start.

Grope? Sound familiar? It happened in BC even....Google "Kokanee Grope" if you missed this somehow.

Just comes across as a real PEOPLE person.......a quality necessary in that role.. Don't see him as bright as his dad........but he is his own person. IMHO......there was NO malicious intent in his costume activity........or parrying.
I'm not seeing the realness that you did tonight. Not much real at all in that presentation tonight.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I live in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan of right now. This isn't real, as in unscripted and unscreened regular & real people. This was highly staged.

I agree, in that he wasn't defensive as he didn't have to be in this situation. There's an election campaign on right now and not a single tough question at this....whatever it was? Not a Question about Mark Norman? Not a question about SNC Lavolin? Not a question about the 20,000+ unemployed oilfield workers in SK (or the 100,000+ AB oilfield workers)? Not a tough question about the Carbon Tax imposed upon Saskatchewan? Doesn't this just seem a little odd to you? Not a question about Bill's C48 or C69? No a question about China & Canola & Huawei?

Grope? Sound familiar? It happened in BC even....Google "Kokanee Grope" if you missed this somehow.

I'm not seeing the realness that you did tonight. Not much real at all in that presentation tonight.
If the questions you itemized were not asked........then it is the fault of the attendees........at the town hall.
I am not sure what kind of REAL you are looking for........He was contrite and quite real to me. He had a blind spot.........and from his point of view and position.....that makes sense. I don't have any idea how the attendees at these Town hall meetings are selected or if they are. First come, first serve??
I thought it was civil, polite and that matters.
Anyhow........being in the public eye as he is........all the warts are bound to be exposed.. Some of the US media is quite astounded that a leader would actually APOLOGIZE for his behavior......... The international commentary about this will probably last a day or two.....and pass uneventfully. There are much buggier issues to deal with and be concerned with than some black/brown face thing. But it was bad form to behave that way.
Donald to the south of us......will do or say some retched thing and take the headlines to himself. He does not share media headlines with anyone all that well. In the meantime I am sure CDA will weather this storm ........as it has others in the past. ......and be wiser for it. There is no such thing as perfect leader. It comes down to the amount of imperfection that is tolerable. Reality is that Donald and Boris make Justin look and like a class act ....with a lot of potential for growth and maturity. More than one can say about the other two........let alone Putin, or Kim and other seriously bad leaders. Justin is liked on the world stage........and this burp is not going to affect things when it comes to very serious matters.

The REAL reality is that folks will see all this hysteria in terms of their own bias.....and lens. It cannot be easy following in your dads footsteps while establishing your own style and identity.His family dynamics are interesting. An "older" dad.......busy with world affairs........and a younger mom.......with emotional problems. Bound to influence his formative years. The kids (boys) all wore masks as they walked to school.......with their dad.......so dressing up or hiding their faces was part daily life

Last edited:

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Ocean Breeze......Remember a song by Simon and Garfunkle..."The Boxer"

"We only see what we want to see and disregard the rest"