trudeau doesnt give a **** about indigeneous peoples rights

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Carey Price said it BEST:')
If you have not spent any time in a First Nations community and listened to their stories then you have NO RIGHT to pass judgement on them. Racism is TAUGHT, please be mindful of your "opinions" and think about how you came to your conclusions about our First Nations peoples. Canada was NOT discovered, it was invaded. I am sick of the ignorant stereotypes and lack of respect and empathy that many have for First Nations. Our history is based on lies and omits many truths from coast to coast. The Federal Government with no apologies or accountability for the wrong doings and pain another generation survived in Residential School, that is not something you simply "get over" - educate yourselves before taking the cop out road of ignorant stereotyping. The truth is that the recent past and current oppression is still effecting our First Nations and the road to healing is not going to happen overnight, but what CAN happen overnight is the way we all acknowledge the wrong doings, the way we listen to their stories in order to give them closure and help them heal, we all deserve to have a sense that we all matter and are all respected. The road forward is long and it is not easy but together we rise.
~Carey Price
Lining up for jobs with HBC NWC was an invasion?

The first "settlers" from East to West were Quebec Cree.

I get conflicting views when I go on a Dene Rez than from Cree and Anishnabe.

Last edited:

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
How many of your friends and acquaintances are native ?

What difference does it make? Being aware that our native peoples are being treated like second class citizens or worse has nothing to do with the number of native friends you have and everything to do with being aware and awake. Look around and open your eyes. Prejudices are blinding.

I fully agree, Cliffy. But as for how many native friends/acquintances we have, in my own case the answer is "I don't know but probably hundreds". And I've experienced, first hand and more than once, over several days, conditions on a remote poverty-stricken reserve.

Native people are part of the fabric of this region as well as the interior town where I used to live. I meet them every time I'm in town.

But that's hardly the point.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I fully agree, Cliffy. But as for how many native friends/acquintances we have, in my own case the answer is "I don't know but probably hundreds". And I've experienced, first hand and more than once, over several days, conditions on a remote poverty-stricken reserve.
Native people are part of the fabric of this region as well as the interior town where I used to live. I meet them every time I'm in town.
But that's hardly the point.

Then the band council should be asked what they are doing with their budgets that are impoverishing their people so bad

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Then the band council should be asked what they are doing with their budgets that are impoverishing their people so bad
Band councils are an imposed system and are as corrupt as any democracy anywhere. Traditionally, most bands were matriarchal and the power and final decision making was left up to a council of elder women. When European invaders came here, they refused to acknowledge women and insisted on dealing only with men. All treaties were signed by men who had no power to do so. Thus we now have a fukked up system in place that is the result of lies, deception and residential school mind fukk.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Band councils are an imposed system and are as corrupt as any democracy anywhere. Traditionally, most bands were matriarchal and the power and final decision making was left up to a council of elder women. When European invaders came here, they refused to acknowledge women and insisted on dealing only with men. All treaties were signed by men who had no power to do so. Thus we now have a fukked up system in place that is the result of lies, deception and residential school mind fukk.

So that is why FN band councils are phucking over their own people?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You got it ass backwards dummy. I was refering to companies wanting to use crown land for specific purposes. So getting back to cliffy's fakebook meeme Why is it that when I needed a place to dewater logs I had to lease both the land and the forshore from the government? Either his meeme is wrong or the government committed fraud by charging me to use a piece of land they didn't own.

Oh taxslave....................................

You are missing a few points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of which is that ANY land that does not have a specific owner...............................

meaning a person......................................

or a registered corporation..........................................

or a native band council...............................................

is AUTOMATICALLY designated as Crown Land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the problem that Cliffy is having..........................

he is trying to re-write all the old treaties.............................

to benefit his gang and reclaim ALL the land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you have discovered.....................................

if you want to use that Crown Land for business purposes.................................

but are not able to buy it for whatever reason......................................

then you MUST PAY to RENT the land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming govt will deal with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for your frustration over having to rent govt land for your tree harvesting deal........................

BE GRATEFUL the govt dealt with you at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A corporation wanted to harvest old growth logs that had sunk to the bottom of Redstone Lake during the last century during the big logging boom...............................................

Think of it..........................all that ancient timber just waiting to be picked up and hauled away to the mill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redstone Lake is an old artificial lake created by the loggers to help float their logs to markets........................

but the local streams that feed the lake also drain out into EXCELLENT TROUT SPAWNING HABITAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And trout fishing is bigger biz I guess than grabbing old wood because the wood harvesting permit WAS DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because hauling those logs out of the lake bottom would have stirred up too much sediment that was harmful to the spawning beds!!!!!!!!!!

Govt has been in business for a LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they have seen it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can camp on Crown Land for 21 days or maybe its 28......................the exact time is not remembered.............................

but there is the point....................................

SQUATTERS HAVE NO RIGHTS on Crown Land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a guy ARRESTED near the headwaters of Gibson River - near 9 Mile Lake.................................

because he was CLEARING BRUSH so he could drive his 4 x 4 into a river side camp site he was fond of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS LEGAL toi camp at the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Govt OWNS ALL the land and you mess with it at YOUR peril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearing brush is NOT LEGAL on Crown Land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though you can have a camp fire with dead wood gathered on that Crown Land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Govt are stewards of the land and designate how it will be used for the benefit of us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just TOO DAMNED BAD that LIE-beral govt has more respect for the land than they for for our civil rights or our tax dollars!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy has JUST TOLD US that native men are NOT FIT TO GOVERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you want to reconsider some of your above statement Cliffy????????????????????????????????????

Otherwise you are making people like Stephen HARPER look logical in his handling of native affairs.....................

such as making band councils POST ALL EXPENSES publicly on line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are making LIE-berals LOOK BAD..................

just as I and others have said........................

that Our idiot Boy does not give a SH+T about natives!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE IF HE DID........................

MAYBE HE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CORRUPTION????????????????????

Cliffy is a tyical LIE-beral........................

talking himself into ever tighter spaces....................

until his head is stuck so tight up his ass that he needs a white Conservative to rescue him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Let's begin by noting that while some chiefs & councils may be dishonest, they are not necessarily in the majority, as Moose insinuates.

They are mostly bought off by industry, the feds and provincial governments.

I suspect it's not so much that as that the structure & formation of councils can be even less democratic than in "white" politics; plus of course they have learned by watching corruption at play within those white politics.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Only about 17% of the money for Indians actually gets to Indians...so the corruption starts early in the process. So yes the Indians have a problem with corruption, but as usual, it is NOT the real problem.

See my thread on Trudeau and lavalin if you want to see where the real problem with corruption lives. BTW: the problem is not a partisan one either. It does NOT go away when the government changes, elections only circulate the lower management.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy has JUST TOLD US that native men are NOT FIT TO GOVERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you want to reconsider some of your above statement Cliffy????????????????????????????????????

Otherwise you are making people like Stephen HARPER look logical in his handling of native affairs.....................

such as making band councils POST ALL EXPENSES publicly on line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are making LIE-berals LOOK BAD..................

just as I and others have said........................

that Our idiot Boy does not give a SH+T about natives!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE IF HE DID........................

MAYBE HE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CORRUPTION????????????????????

Cliffy is a tyical LIE-beral........................

talking himself into ever tighter spaces....................

until his head is stuck so tight up his ass that he needs a white Conservative to rescue him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad the script makes your posts unreadable man, seriously...it's like "righting" a letter that starts with:
DON'T READ THIS!!!
;)
If you ever have kids, you will find out how effective screaming at people all the time actually is.

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
They are mostly bought off by industry, the feds and provincial governments.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor stupid Cliffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still struggling to make some sense of the how and why of native corruption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Native councils have absorbed all the sleazy tricks of their white counterparts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the native councils LACK the usual checks and balances on their behaviour that white govt has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For one thing white govt makes ALL its expenses KNOWN to the general public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus it is HARD to hide corruption from the white public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By contrast native bands HAVE NO NEED to reveal their spending to others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funding for band councils comes almost exclusively from white tax payers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus the people paying the money have NO RIGHT to know how their money is being used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is clearly discriminatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there is the added bonus that such discrimination sets up a situation of "them and us"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a reserve inhabitant......................you may not like either the council or the outsiders - white people..............................

but blood is thicker than gravy and people usually side with their own group when money is on the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus natives..................the corrupt and the others...............................support each other against the white outsiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just the usual LIE-beral ROBBERY.......................................

taking from Peter to pay Paul................................................

and then BORROWING MONEY to bribe Peter not to vote against Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then add in the utterly illogical and completely artificial life of a typical reserve and you have a classic design for a life of corruption and madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reserve system is HOPELESSLY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are good enough if you want to do a little hunting and fishing and spend some time PRETENDING to live like the ancestors!!!!!!

But as a location for a healthy and efficient TWENTIETH CENTURY TOWN............................................................

the reserves ARE A TOTAL FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The levels of violence, drunken idiocy, drug addled madness, the suicides. the family violence and rthe chronic unemployment ALL

speak of how UNSUITABLE and UNHEALTHY life on a typical reserve really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals are focused on BRIBERY and shameless vote buying instead of repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Let's begin by noting that while some chiefs & councils may be dishonest, they are not necessarily in the majority, as Moose insinuates.
I suspect it's not so much that as that the structure & formation of councils can be even less democratic than in "white" politics; plus of course they have learned by watching corruption at play within those white politics.

Of course not and not all reserves are in dyer straights, why is that?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Nope I'm thinking of reserves that spend the money they are budgeted for on things they were budgeted on, like a budget in any community usually is. Spending housing budgets on new a Zamboni, or the fire fighting budget on a hockey tournament, is not responsible to the residents of the community