Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'll bet when it's all said and done, this initiative to reduce houses prices will amount to less than $1,000 by the time the house is paid for. It's bull shit. They've spent most of the day discussing this budget, when in fact it deserved about 10 minutes and the rest of the time should have been used to discuss how they are going to get Mr. Trudeau in prison for obstruction of justice.
I have no further interest in hearing about the SNC Lavalin affair until or if a full open public inquiry is announced.........and I won't be holding my breath on that possibility.

I am much more interested in that 1.9 billion in spending that the liberals refuse to explain, JLM. Pretty nice little slush-fund that.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The rebate and the tax advantage will make them more affordable - and they are already competitive .
There was a gas SUV at Costco last week costing $81 k
There are "gas cars" to be had costing a $ million.

The cheap Tesla strippers start at $65,000 and range up to about $85,000 in Canada.

Mr. Morneau wouldn't know this but most Canadians drive things like second-hand Corollas @$10-$15000 ... and they struggle to pay them off. These guys are totally out of tune with this country. They probably think that $250,000/year households are their target "Middle Class". What do you expect from muli-generational millionaires who learned all about the lives of Canadians in private schools?

TalkingTogheter

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks to LIE-berals we have enough debt and enough fertilizer to last us easily TWO HUNDRED YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consider that if we paid out Ten billion dollars every year for the next hundred years we could end up debt free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes- pay out ten billion dollars for a CENTURY and we could clear our debts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But before that could happen we would first have to figure out what to do with the current $16 billion dollar Ontari-owe deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And its NO GOOD POINTING OUT that Ford has been working to reduce the debt because Wynne-bag LIE-berals signed four year contracts with the civil service union Hogs -meaning that our current deficit MUST GROW by $6 - $10 billion dollars over the next three years -to cover the gravy LIE-berals have promised the Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Then we must figure out what to do with the federal $20 billion dollar deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then figure out what to do with the New Brunswick deficit that is somewhere between $10 -$15 billion last I heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then figure out what to do with the Alberta deficit that is about $9 billion last I heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then figure out where to find $15 billion dollars to make sure that the stock of not so affordable housing in Toronto does not completely ROT AWAY in the next few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then come up with $10 billion dollars or more to deal with collapsing storm drains and sewers and rusted out water pipe in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it would be NICE to rip out and dispose of the MILES OF TOXIC LEAD WATER PIPE STILL IN USE AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Figure out where to find several billion dollars to deal with the DELUGE OF ILLEGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the bill GROWING DAILY with every new illegal arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Figure out how to keep tabs on an UNEMPLOYED ARMY of bored and restless and semi employed, poverty stricken Muslims that LIE-berals have UNWISELY BROUGHT HERE in defiance of public mood and desires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you who feel slighted by not having your provincial and municipal debts included in my list............sorry.............I am most familiar with Ontari-owe and thus have concentrated on that province!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you LIE-berals for your gift of COLOSSAL DEBT run up thanks to your INSANE and shameless vote buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And thank you LIE-berals for the gift enough fresh, ripe, steaming, straight from the back of the BULL, organic fertilizer to keep your wretched policies growing strong for decades to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU have supplied us with enough political fertilizer to keep our debts growing NICELY for HUNDREDS OF YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's capitalist by liberalism you went crazy.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If I can write off $37K in the first year that makes it cheap as chips.
Most Canadians are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. Mourneau, the privileged millionaire thinks that he's helping average Canadians but only the well-off benefit, as usual.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Most Canadians are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. Mourneau, the privileged millionaire thinks that he's helping average Canadians but only the well-off benefit, as usual.

True that, CC. I had to laugh when he mentioned that millennials will now be able to pull $35,000 out of their RSPs as a down-payment on a home. If any millennial has that much socked away, I doubt they are too worried about down payments.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As far as the election budget goes I see **** all in there for me.
Baby Boomers no longer matter I guess, its all about millennials and gen x and gen y.
This plan to prop up first time home buyers is ridiculous.
We have spent 10 years driiving them out of the market and now we're going to coax them back in by having CMHC assume 5% of their debt?
5%
You can gain/lose more than that in a week on the open market.
And as far as allowing a larger withdrawl from your rrsp - who even has an rrsp anymore? 20% of Canadians?
They're great if you have contribution matching but if you're putting it in there all by yourself you should give your head a shake.
RRSPs bring your net taxable income down so making contributions can get you a sizable tax refund. All you have to do is budget a bit and not spend like a drunken trust fund boy.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
RRSPs only get you a tax deferral.

You still pay taxes on every penny.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There's probably another interest adjustment coming in the next month or two. Even a fraction of a percent increase will wipe out any breaks Trudeau plans for new home buyers! Don't be fooled by the Asshole!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
There's probably another interest adjustment coming in the next month or two. Even a fraction of a percent increase will wipe out any breaks Trudeau plans for new home buyers! Don't be fooled by the Asshole!
As it stands now, a newly wed couple, married at 21 now only have to wait until they're 36 to buy a house and set up a household. That's a big improvement over waiting until you're 39!

Thanks, Mourneau! You've saved them all! They'd better vote Liberal, after all!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Australia's $133b property price slide - WATCH THIS NOW !

Look out, the wave has started...and it's headed this way.

Canada's private debt is so high there is no way to go but over the edge.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
As it stands now, a newly wed couple, married at 21 now only have to wait until they're 36 to buy a house and set up a household. That's a big improvement over waiting until you're 39!
Thanks, Mourneau! You've saved them all! They'd better vote Liberal, after all!

And pay the 10% back in the backend, not sure if the value will be pegged to the market price though, may have to pay more if the value rises on the home. The 10% may be tagged to the home not the mortgage.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
RRSPs only get you a tax deferral.
You still pay taxes on every penny.
True, but at a lower rate and possibly even at zero. The thing to do is thake the refund you get from buying RRSPs and put it into TFSAs. There are few options for wage earners to cut their tax burden. Electing a conservative government is the best one.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
it would be a massive benefit for me - if they made a cargo van or even a mini van.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
you get $5k cash and you write off the entire cost of the vehicle in one year?

how much income tax do you pay on $47 K? $10K?

you would have to look into that deduction because it can't be right. There must be catch.