Can Anyone of the Anti-gun Crowd Please Explain This?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Going through StatsCan I "stumbled" across this. Oh who am I kidding, I intentionally looked it up.
These are the numbers of fatal stabbings and shootings from 2000-2017.
Shootings: 183, 172, 152, 163, 173, 224, 192, 188, 201, 182, 175, 159, 171, 134, 155, 179, 223, 266
Stabbings: 150, 171, 182, 142, 205, 198, 210, 189, 202, 210, 165, 207, 164, 195, 189, 216, 175, 201.
So, 10 out of 17 years there were more fatal stabbings than shootings. A total of 3292 people were intentionally shot to death over that period. While a total of 3371 people were fatally stabbed. If you remove gang related shootings in any given year, the death toll by firearm would be around half what it is.
So the question is, how are guns the problem? Bladed weapons were used to kill 79 more people from 2000-2017 than firearms.
Oh hey, do you notice something interesting in the stat trend? After the LGR was scrapped, the number of homicides by firearm started going down. That is until Groper was elected. So again, what's the desperate need for ever more gun control? Are you so scared of people utterly rejecting your idiot philosophy that you'll make them accept it, by force if necessary? Commies didn't like a population that could defend itself. The nazis didn't like a population that could defend itself either. So, which one are you guys? Or maybe you're into a different form of authoritarianism. Because clearly guns are NOT the big societal problem you guys make them out to be.
By the way, if you doubt the Stats, here's the link. https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/cv.action?pid=3510006901#timeframe

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
All that gun control seems to be working
Right. So why do we need more rules and laws? You're one of those "great thinkers" that believes people who live in the city shouldn't have guns. Why not? Are city dwellers not allowed to go hunting? Apparently, you don't think people in the city should be able to cut down their yearly grocery bill by doing a little subsistence hunting because guns are scary or something.

By the way, did ya notice the nice uptick in firearm related homicides since Mr. I Love islamic Terrorists and Violent Criminals got elected?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Going through StatsCan I "stumbled" across this. Oh who am I kidding, I intentionally looked it up.
Shootings: 183, 172, 152, 163, 173, 224, 192, 188, 201, 182, 175, 159, 171, 134, 155, 179, 223, 266
Stabbings: 150, 171, 182, 142, 205, 198, 210, 189, 202, 210, 165, 207, 164, 195, 189, 216, 175, 201.
So, 10 out of 17 years there were more fatal stabbings than shootings. A total of 3292 people were intentionally shot to death over that period. While a total of 3371 people were fatally stabbed. If you remove gang related shootings in any given year, the death toll by firearm would be around half what it is.
So the question is, how are guns the problem? Bladed weapons were used to kill 79 more people from 2000-2017 than firearms.
Oh hey, do you notice something interesting in the stat trend? After the LGR was scrapped, the number of homicides by firearm started going down. That is until Groper was elected. So again, what's the desperate need for ever more gun control? Are you so scared of people utterly rejecting your idiot philosophy that you'll make them accept it, by force if necessary? Commies didn't like a population that could defend itself. The nazis didn't like a population that could defend itself either. So, which one are you guys? Or maybe you're into a different form of authoritarianism. Because clearly guns are NOT the big societal problem you guys make them out to be.
By the way, if you doubt the Stats, here's the link. https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/cv.action?pid=3510006901#timeframe
You're dumb enough, or dishonest enough, to think that something that causes fewer deaths should not be acted on.

Or you're just making bullshit arguments because you're not bright enough, nor disciplined enough, to stick to, develop, and defend the real arguments, so you just babble whatever the gun lobby's latest propaganda is.

Hope that helped.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
How would you know?

Privacy sure has taken a hit in the last few years.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You're dumb enough, or dishonest enough, to think that something that causes fewer deaths should not be acted on.

Or you're just making bullshit arguments because you're not bright enough, nor disciplined enough, to stick to, develop, and defend the real arguments, so you just babble whatever the gun lobby's latest propaganda is.

Hope that helped.
What good is a rational argument when dealing with peoples emotions . They do not deal in rational thought .

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
What good is a rational argument when dealing with peoples emotions . They do not deal in rational thought .

Agreed. That's why I've given up trying to discuss anything with Trumpites. Now I just mock and ridicule them

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals cannot explain those numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats worse is that LIE-berals think you are a BIGOT in need of censorship..........................

for even asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

LIE-beral greed IS an emotion......................................

backed up by LIE-beral logic..................................

which dictates THEY ARE MORE ENTITLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we need to do is demonstrate that we despise their greed and refuse to vote for them.....................

then their egos will pop like over stretched balloons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals will still be greedy of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But at least they WILL NO LONGER BE IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
this is really just another example of the train vs pipeline thing

the fact that trains are a more dangerous way to transport oil than pipeline are is an argument against trains not for pipelines.

if you want to argue that ropes are dangerous that's fine, but they don't make guns less dangerous

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
as far as why people would want more and tougher gun laws - it probably has to do with the marked increase in gun violence in major Canadian cities and the continued problem of gun mishaps.

the OP misleads.

Guns and handguns in particular are of growing concern.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Hope that helped.
Of course it didn't help. Because you're intentionally being a f*cking ignorant moron who's pretending to miss the point. Canada already has lots of rules and regulations regarding firearms. Quite frankly, your odds of being shot in Canada are so small you a have better chance of getting struck by lightning while winning the lottery. In fact, you have about a 0.0005% chance of being a victim of any type violent crime on any given day.

Of course you also missed the more salient point too. Let's look at this bit of shit-headery.
Really? So I guess all those stabbings don't need to be addressed and acted on, just the shootings? I know I sure haven't heard any calls for knife control.

Oh wait, we do have "knife control". You can't legally carry a blade more than 4" long. :lol: But we already have lots of gun controls too. Or did you forget that before you decided to wade in and be an asshole.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
So I guess all those stabbings don't need to be addressed and acted on, just the shootings? I know I sure haven't heard any calls for knife control.

Is that a fact?

Seems to me schools are calling for more and better ways to prevent both knives and guns from making it into schools.

I don't know where you live but in most Canadian cities there are all sorts of people making all sorts of efforts to reduce the availability of weapons.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
as far as why people would want more and tougher gun laws - it probably has to do with the marked increase in gun violence in major Canadian cities and the continued problem of gun mishaps.
the OP misleads.
Guns and handguns in particular are of growing concern.
Nope, you're just stupid. I like how you don't actually read anything and yet still manage to form an opinion.
As stated in the OP, in any give year, around 50% of the firearm related homicides are the result of gang activity. Pray tell, how will banning me from owning a rifle because I live in the city do anything to slow the rate of gang related shootings with handguns? You know what Groper's solution was? He attempted to slide in legislation that would see the sentences for gang and terrorist related activities greatly reduced.
And the marked increase in shooting in major Canadian cities? Hmmmm yes let's and go back and take a look see at the stats table, Jim. Shootings were trending down under Harper despite him scrapping the LGR, then Groper got elected. In 2016 and 2017 the numbers shot back up. This is shortly after a number of cities declared themselves to be sanctuary cities while Toronto did the same AND neutered their police force. Who knows if the other "sanctuary" cities did the same to their police forces. Meanwhile Groper welcomes islamic terrorists into the country whether they are new-comers or returning after attempting to commit genocide.
So it's indeed rather interesting that the marked increase in gun violence occurs at the same time as the mamby pamby, we are the world, soft on crime and terrorists Groper govt are running the shit show.
Based on the previous years it would seem if you want to reduce gun violence in Canada you just need to quit voting for Liberals. (or Dippers)

Last edited: