Gerald Stanley Not Guilty

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Gerald Stanley, from what I understand, was trying to defend himself and his family against armed attackers on his own property. He didn't initiate this incident, nor invite this carload of drunk armed thieves onto his property. He had so spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend himself in court for defending himself and his family already and has been punished legally and financially already for doing so. Gerald Stanley and his family are the victims in this story, not the armed criminals.

Exactly!

Well, and you see what came of that. Poor Mr. Stanley had to pay for a lawyer. He was robbed by the province over some bullshit politically correct notion.

Easier to just classify redskins as vermin. Make sure nobody ever has to justify killing one again.

You're "out to lunch"- don't forget Stanley and his son were repairing a fence when Bouchie and his cohorts came storming on the property drunk, wielding a weapon and stealing stuff. What part of that do you not understand? That woman shouldn't collect 50 cents!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You're "out to lunch"- don't forget Stanley and his son were repairing a fence when Bouchie and his cohorts came storming on the property drunk, wielding a weapon and stealing stuff. What part of that do you not understand? That woman shouldn't collect 50 cents!

Perhaps I'm wrong in the way I see this issue, but I believe that Gerald Stanley & his family are the victims in this whole Goat-Rodeo, and not the drunk armed thieves who where not on the Stanley farm with good intentions. I see this civil suit by Debbie Batiste and others in her family as a vindictive method to further victimize the victims.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Roger

Perhaps I'm wrong in the way I see this issue, but I believe that Gerald Stanley & his family are the victims in this whole Goat-Rodeo, and not the drunk armed thieves who where not on the Stanley farm with good intentions. I see this civil suit by Debbie Batiste and others in her family as a vindictive method to further victimize the victims.
This obviously wasn't their idea. Are Boushie's accomplices listed along with Stanley? Their actions are intricately entwined in the events leading to his death.

Their testimony was bought by the Crown and it was their testimony that freed Stanley.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Could be they are running out of money due to the various criminal charges against other members of the family, Ron.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
3 accomplices walked away from indictable offences in lieu of their testimony.

Did Mrs Stanley get any justice for being beaten?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
3 accomplices walked away from indictable offences in lieu of their testimony.

Did Mrs Stanley get any justice for being beaten?

....and some "testimony" is was. I can see the court giving them a pass on the crimes at the Stanley Farm, and all the other crimes in the days leading up to that point in exchange for their testimony, but not for the conflicting lies and changing stories to the police and in the courtroom. That by itself should be separate issues as that would have happened after the deal was made for their testimony. The lot of the Boushie Crew should be facing purgery as a minimum and if any of them where already out in the public on probation from incarceration with promises, etc....they shouldn't have remained out in the public after their court stunts.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...police-about-rifle-groups-alcohol-consumption

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Stories....different stories on different days from the same "witnesses" in exchange for their immunity from prosecution. The Crown Prosecution was sure hoodwinked by Colten's Crew in the Gerald Stanley case.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd still feel the same way if it was a Stormfront member killed on a Native guy's farm but I'd never cry racism if the Native farmer got off.

Dead gangbangers are a good thing.

You got to wonder how incidents such as this even get to trial in the first place! Someone is squandering a lot of our money.

Due process.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Debbie Batiste and her family members nuisance civil suit against Gerald Stanley should be squashed, and if anyone should be sued, it's the adults who where the role models of Boushie & Crew as they where growing up to create the individuals that created the situation that made Gerald Stanley and his family victims in this whole crazy mess. Any funds from that law suit should go directly to Gerald Stanley's legal bills in this travesty.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

As I've said before, I think the outcome was the correct one.

But what you are all upset about is that Mr. Stanley had to spend money and go through a trial.

So, how did we get from "Mr. Stanley standing over a dead Indun with a gun in his hand" to "Mr. Stanley was working on his farm when he was approached by drunk Induns who presented him with a reasonable threat of imminent death or serious bodily harm, justifying shooting one of the Induns."

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Say it with me, now. In - ves - ti can anyone finish the word?

That's right, investigation. In this case, the investigation consisted of the police investigation, the Crown prosecutor's investigation, and the trial. All of these are what we like to call "fact finding."

But you're all upset by the fact there was a trial because Mr. Stanley had to pay for a lawyer. So let's cut out the trail and concentrate on the first two steps of the investigation. They did not, of course, cost Mr. Stanley much besides his share of taxes, but they were not cost-free. Those parts of the investigation cost tax money. Further, we could have provided Mr. Stanley with legal counsel at government expense, but I dismissed that because I didn't want to hear endless pissing and moaning about taxes.

So. . . how do we get from the initial point to the final outcome without an investigation or trial? You've made it clear that's what you want. So I propose the following. Pass a law saying that every time a white man is found standing over a dead Indun with a gun in the white man's hand, whatever he says about the incident is to be irrebuttably presumed to be the truth.

That or declaring open season on Induns are the only ways I can think of.

And the term is "quashed" ferfuksake.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The issue isn't about Cowboys and Indians. The issue is about Criminals and Victims. I believe you're blinded in this by your racism. Currently the Victims are about to be revictimized by a civil suit. Your "White Man" this and "Induns" that....give your head a shake. This is about law abiding and not law abiding.

But you're all upset by the fact there was a trial because Mr. Stanley had to pay for a lawyer. So let's cut out the trail and concentrate on the first two steps of the investigation. They did not, of course, cost Mr. Stanley much besides his share of taxes, but they were not cost-free. Those parts of the investigation cost tax money. Further, we could have provided Mr. Stanley with legal counsel at government expense, but I dismissed that because I didn't want to hear endless pissing and moaning about taxes.

In Saskatchewan, for example, you are eligible for legal aid if 1) you are supported by a social assistance program; 2) your financial resources are not above the social assistance program’s level; or 3) the cost of legal services from private lawyers would reduce your financial resources to the social assistance level. If you do not receive social assistance, you may be asked to contribute to the costs of legal services.

So. . . how do we get from the initial point to the final outcome without an investigation or trial? You've made it clear that's what you want. So I propose the following. Pass a law saying that every time a white man is found standing over a dead Indun with a gun in the white man's hand, whatever he says about the incident is to be irrebuttably presumed to be the truth.

That or declaring open season on Induns are the only ways I can think of.

And the term is "quashed" ferfuksake.

Quashed. Thank you. I'm not an internet lawyer and wasn't familiar with the term.

Colten Boushie shooting: No appeal will be filed in Gerald Stanley case, says prosecutions office

On Wednesday in Regina, Assistant Deputy Attorney General Anthony Gerein announced the public prosecutions office saw “no basis” for doing so.

“The Crown cannot appeal because some people have questions about how the investigation was done or what the lawyers did,” Gerein told reporters.

“I know there is much sadness over the decision not to appeal,” he continued. “That is unfortunate, but there can be no appeal because the law does not allow it.”

“There is no basis for concluding the judge said or did anything that would justify an appeal,” he said. The trial judge was Court of Queen’s Bench Chief Justice Martel Popescul.

The Boushie family “is not taking the news well,” according to their lawyer, Chris Murphy. He said the first words Boushie’s mother uttered when she heard there would be no appeal were, “This isn’t the end of the fight.

....and what could that mean? How can she take revenge on this farmer who was trying to protect himself and his family while protecting his property and his livelihood from an invading band of drunken armed criminals?

.....and here we are.