Disgraced Former PM (Harper) Denounces Trump at Trade Meeting

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Chretien balanced the budget. That's probably why you don't like him.
I thought that was his finance minister Paul Martin . He did it by downloading the majority of that deficit onto the provinces , which really just shifted the problem .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Chretien balanced the budget. That's probably why you don't like him.

No he didn't. But money is not your strong suit. Neither is reality.

I thought that was his finance minister Paul Martin . He did it by downloading the majority of that deficit onto the provinces , which really just shifted the problem .

And raped EI and pension funds to have a paper balanced budget.The libeals never mention the unfunded liabilities this financial sleight of hand left us with.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Funny...That's they same arguments Liberals used to criticize Klein when he balanced Alberta's budget. You and Flossy have alot in common.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Trudeau will soon find out what its like dealing with a narcissistic sociopath
it is not going to be pleasant. Our counter balance is we have the oil they
need and if they cancel the trade deal we can sell it to whoever we want and
at much higher prices. When Harper speaks out there is a problem

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
No he didn't. But money is not your strong suit. Neither is reality.
And raped EI and pension funds to have a paper balanced budget.The libeals never mention the unfunded liabilities this financial sleight of hand left us with.
basically a page from the BILL clinton playbook

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I bitterly disagreed with Harper, true but I would never concede he was disgraced.
In fact he remained true to his principals to the end. I also recall that many that
call him names for his stand on Trump supported Mr Harper during his reign as
Prime Minister. Trump if he continues will be cursed by many who elected him,
I don't like many of the Trade deals myself. We should be working toward fair trade
not just free trade raising standards not racing to the bottom, Trump will create so
many international problems it will take years to repair America's image unless he
changes his tone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Trudeau will soon find out what its like dealing with a narcissistic sociopath
it is not going to be pleasant. Our counter balance is we have the oil they
need and if they cancel the trade deal we can sell it to whoever we want and
at much higher prices. When Harper speaks out there is a problem
Trudeau IS a narcissistic sociopath. They will be competing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I bitterly disagreed with Harper, true but I would never concede he was disgraced.
In fact he remained true to his principals to the end. I also recall that many that
call him names for his stand on Trump supported Mr Harper during his reign as
Prime Minister. Trump if he continues will be cursed by many who elected him,
I don't like many of the Trade deals myself. We should be working toward fair trade
not just free trade raising standards not racing to the bottom, Trump will create so
many international problems it will take years to repair America's image unless he
changes his tone.

Harper is a quiet, introspective type, unlike the current flamboyant showman in power in Ottawa.

Right now, I long for quiet, introspective leadership everywhere.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
"Disgraced Harper"? What nonsense,

The Conservatives finally lost an election after a decade and not by a landslide. Harper is no more disgraced than Paul Martin, John Turner, Pierre Trudeau were after losing an election.

Nonsense, using terms like that to describe a perfectly peaceful democratic change. We have elections here and periodically, we change our governments. There is no disgrace in that.

I don't think you're talking to people who are necessarily sane...

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I wasn't aware that Harper was disgraced. Is that what you are when you lose an election. Was Paul Martin disgraced? Pierrre Trudeau? Joe Clark?