• Canadians

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Re: Trump's trade agenda takes the GOP back a century

Change "special interests" to "corporations" or "business elites" (which is who he's talking about) and Trump sounds an awful lot like a Dipper.

If Americans really cared about American manufacturing jobs they could just buy American products. The Trumpites are using one of Flossy's old arguments. Since the average Joe can't be trusted to do what's right for the country, we need the gubmint to step in. I know Flossy and the Trumpites would rather eat broken glass rather than admit they are on the same page on this. That's what makes it so damn funny.

Yep, Trump and the Oligarchy he is installing will be the ultimate dippers.
So now when the 'gubmint' steps in it will be a a bit different.
'Trumpites' are in for a big surprise.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Nothing...at all.

Is this Cannuck?

I'd only expect this sort of crap from Das in the past.

Now it seems to be all of you.

ALL!

Offer something then rather than just flapping your arms.

You don't have to agree with Trump, but the fact is that he's doing this as a means of getting Americans back to work.

The USA can't be the go to solution for everyone on the planet for absolutely everything

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

So does building billion dollar factories in your own nation

Funny how that works, eh?

OPS - you can still trade but you'll be using the word export more often than import

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

So does building billion dollar factories in your own nation

Which is exactly what has been happening. I know it's tough for Trumpites to accept but manufacturing is doing quite well in the US. Production has doubled in the last couple of decades thanks in large part to freer trade. What's disappeared is the labour intensive manufacturing. Trump knows you're tired of less expensive clothes. Americans will be buying $200 running shoes and asking themselves, when are we gonna be great again?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

After 30 years the free trade experiment has failed miserably. North Americans can now buy cheap crap that doesn't last made by virtual slaves in underdeveloped countries and it's a good thing we can get that $3 t-shirt because that all most can afford working 2 part-time jobs at Tim Hortons and McDonalds. The days of 1 parent working full-time in a factory or plant for a solid wage that allows the family to have a house and a car and vacations and pay $15 for a t-shirt that doesn't need replacing after 3 washes have been gone for too long and the general citizenry wants to return to that lifestyle. Very few are happy to see boatloads of shoddy good arrive from China and Malaysia knowing full well that if they could still get a job making those products here they would be able to afford to buy them at 5x the price and still have extra money over their current minimum wage existence. Canada and the USA went from net-exporters in 1983 to net-importers in 1985. The only reason Canada is currently an exporter is grain, gas and oil and 2 of those sources are under heavy attack from the left-wing nutbars running AB, ONT and Canada.

There have been many theories tossed around since the 70's of managing and growing the economy and many of them were tried and failed. The only economic measure to have ever consistently worked to improve the standard of living and ROI for the shareholders at the same time was giving the working classes more money to spend. Better jobs/wages and lower taxes have always and will always create economic growth and stability for the people and businesses alike. Free trade only achieves he exact opposite.

Dirt

Time Out
Jan 4, 2017

Offer something then rather than just flapping your arms.

You don't have to agree with Trump, but the fact is that he's doing this as a means of getting Americans back to work.

The USA can't be the go to solution for everyone on the planet for absolutely everything

Offer what?

I already stated that I'm willing to give the man a chance....despite how he won.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Re: Wikileaks is going to hack into Trump’s Tax Returns

The IRS has had those returns for a while now and haven't appeared to find any problems so I'm guessing this is a non-issue. Any Americans here can always petition their representatives to change the laws but as long as Donald was within the laws when he filed there isn't much the leftards can do but cry a little more over how much more money than them he has.

I'm sure old Mentalfart will not respond to me here as he never does when I rebut his ramblings with reasonable and logical arguments.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

....despite how he won.

You mean by telling the truth and putting citizens and their personal rights ahead of the left-wing globalist agenda? Who knew something like that could win huh? ROFLMAO!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

If Assamge keeps his mouth shut and sucks up to Trump a bit more, he may finally get safe passage out of the Bananamanian embassy. I'll bet that he leaves that Trump tax return alone.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Interesting. Will the Dumpster really attempt to reverse the policies of Ronald Reagan? I'm guessing the Democrats might support that.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Julian Assange to Bill Maher: WikiLeaks ‘Working On’ Hacking Trump’s Tax Returns

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...e-working-on-hacking-trump-s-tax-returns.html

Hypocrite