Deflate Gate

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
He's guilty as sin.. but with the economic juggernaut of the NFL, you just know that nothing is going to wash that tips the money ship.

Brady will have retired before the appeal process works its way through the courts.. then they'll back the NFL suspension. Some justice.

I can't believe this fluff begins the network news programs.. even in supposed symbolic terms.. it is so utterly trivial given the other problems of the world.

Interesting outcome as the local media were all projecting a guilty as sin judgment.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Which is pretty much the reason why this got so far... it's Tom Brady.

It was an accusation of cheating from sore losers. Front office guys who are sick of getting their butts kicked by the Pats.

All this for a report that said "maybe", "probably", and "more likely than not" that he cheated but with no proof. Whereas the Vikings and Panthers are caught on TV heating the balls on the sideline and they get a letter?

Nah... it was Brady and he is the QB for one team that makes many other teams salty.

I would want Brady to get punished even if he played on a different team. Cheating is cheating. As for those other teams doing that? I never knew that (not a huge follower of football, like I said), but they should have been punished just as much.

And it's a proven fact that they did cheat on a previous occasion, so there is credence to the rumblings that they cheated again. In this case, the cheating didn't play a factor in the end, as they kicked the Colts butt regardless. Was it the Colts? LOL! See, I can't even remember who it was.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I do think he cheated, but it seems this situation has gone far past what he did or didn't do, but

what the nfl is allowed to do or not do according to law, but seems they are appealing this decision,
(but, brady will start the season, and when does the appeal answer come, in

six months?)

I don't really care one way or another, I think it is all a joke anyway, whatever is going on behind

closed doors, we will never know.)

I don't watch nfl football, its cfl all the way for me. (and I'm not even fully involved there either),
go blue jays, go canucks.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Report: Patriots sent employees into locker rooms to steal play sheets | ProFootballTalk

New England Patriots *

Too bad the NFL is no longer allowed to punish cheaters.
It is. It's just not allowed to make up the rules as it goes along.

Judge Berman's opinion was extremely well written and made it abundantly clear all the things wrong with the NFL's investigative and disciplinary process. I presume that you read it in the process of arriving at your opinion.

Nah, just kidding!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It is. It's just not allowed to make up the rules as it goes along.

Judge Berman's opinion was extremely well written and made it abundantly clear all the things wrong with the NFL's investigative and disciplinary process. I presume that you read it in the process of arriving at your opinion.

Nah, just kidding!

We shall see what is done about this shan't we?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Try to even get near to an NFL Locker Room on game day.

Some people are just so silly and hurt.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
From my phone: Original ruling to overturn suspension has been overturned. Original 4 game suspension back in play ... unless more legal action of course.

LOL New England was prepared last year ... how about this year.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I think football would be more entertaining if the footballs were filled with helium. :) :cool: ;)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Also, I think that by taking the route he did ... taking NFL to court ... he has pretty much eliminated any chance his suspension will be reduced by the NFL.

If he appeals it again I will be.

What is the next level to appeal? Would it be the Supreme Court? I find it doubtful they would hear it.

Also, I know there is talk about left & right leaning bias on the court. What is its current standing on inflation & deflation?