Are you created in God's image?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Let's keep it family-friendly, l'il lady.

Don't know if I can. I like this new word...font.

And also, it's friday. The day I typically get totally carried away and say and do things I'll probably regret and apologize for on Monday.

And since it's friday I must post a new sign in the lunchroom here at work. I need to do some research on impractical useless but humourous signage. This is going to possibly make my interactions here a whole lot less serious.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Font you

Font off

Font alot of fonting going on.

Font this...

Women in religion
That's a bit selective.

1Tm:2:8:
I will therefore that men pray every where,
lifting up holy hands,
without wrath and doubting.
1Tm:2:9:
In like manner also,
that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,
with shamefacedness and sobriety;
not with broided hair,
or gold,
or pearls,
or costly array;
1Tm:2:10:
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Good works is even defined in the verses below.

Jas:2:14:
What doth it profit,
my brethren,
though a man say he hath faith,
and have not works?
can faith save him?
Jas:2:15:
If a brother or sister be naked,
and destitute of daily food,
Jas:2:16:
And one of you say unto them,
Depart in peace,
be ye warmed and filled;
notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body;
what doth it profit?
Jas:2:17:
Even so faith,
if it hath not works,
is dead,
being alone.

Paul give this as being why he has the authority to teach (write Scripture) and that is the authority a person must have. The beloved Disciple was Mary of Bethany and she wrote the Gospel of John and Revelation so God certainly allows a woman to teach is she is equal to an Apostle and she was more loved by Jesus that Peter was. It is also true that there is a verse that says a woman should be quiet in Church and that is because the man is the head of the fam=mily and each family has one voice. She is more than welcome to speak to her husband and anybody else for the other 6 days of the week.

1Tm:2:7:
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher,
and an apostle,
(I speak the truth in Christ,
and lie not;)
a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

The beloved Disciple is the elect lady and her children are the Gentiles she has collected to God.

2Jo:1:1:
The elder unto the elect lady and her children,
whom I love in the truth;
and not I only,
but also all they that have known the truth;

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
ok, how about these then

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

GENESIS
2:13-19 Abraham prostitutes wife.
19:1-8 Rape virgin daughters instead of male angels.
19:26 Lot’s wife turned into pillar of salt for disobeying god.
19:30-38 Lot impregnates his two daughters while drunk.
20:2-12 Abraham prostitutes wife – again.
25:1-6 Keeping many concubines is OK.

EXODUS

20:17 Wife as property.
21:4 Wife and children belong to master.
21:7-11 OK to sell daughters. Female slaves can be used for sex. Polygamy permitted. Unwanted female slaves can be set “free” without payment of money.

NUMBERS

1:2 Census lists only men – women do not count.
5:11-31 Fidelity test for women only.
30:1-16 Woman’s vow invalid unless approved by her father or husband.
31:17-18 Kill all except virgins. Keep virgins for yourselves.

JUDGES

5:30 Women are spoils of war.
14:20 Samson gives wife to another man.
16:1 Samson visits prostitute.
CH 19 Concubine pack-raped and butchered.
21:10-12 Slaughtered all inc. women and children. Saved virgins for wives.
21:21 Abducted girls for wives.

EPHESIANS

5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.
COLOSSIANS

3:18 Wives submit to husbands.

Seems alot of inequality to me. It doesn't really matter though because works of fiction are just that...fiction

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Man created god thus god is created in man's image. .
Daniel didn't even know what he was writing about, an impossibility if he was part of the invention process. (let alone that his book is prophetic in that it states that more information will become available, the whole NT is that new information.

Da:7:28:
Hitherto is the end of the matter.
As for me Daniel,
my cogitations much troubled me,
and my countenance changed in me:
but I kept the matter in my heart.

Da:8:27:
And I Daniel fainted,
and was sick certain days;
afterward I rose up,
and did the king's business;
and I was astonished at the vision,
but none understood it.

Da:12:8:
And I heard,
but I understood not:
then said I,
O my Lord,
what shall be the end of these things?

I'm not sure you even understand what image and likeness are as stated in Ge:1. God and the Holy Spirit are the ones talking and mankind was made in their image in that bodily we look like them, 5 fingers is the important part and the likeness part is that Adam and Eve are husband and wife and that is a mirror of God and the Holy Spirit as being two individual but marriage makes them one.

Men couldn't write the OT by themselves, they were scribes to one author who knew what was going to be in Revelation before Ge:1:1 was ever spoken into existence. Here is one of many examples.

Job:26:7:
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place,
and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Seems alot of inequality to me. It doesn't really matter though because works of fiction are just that...fiction
That would pretty much eliminate any claim the Jews have to any land that a fictitious entity could give them. You sure you want to push this point? Scribes wrire, they are tools they are not the author when they are acting under instruction to write but knowledge is withheld. America in WWII did the same thing, divide the tasks up into many little parts so no one part knew the whole program.

You would have to study the new earth verses to determine that God is messed up, you are doing that by the way the journey from death to life goes. From Ge:4 until Re:19 all the text has to do with the completion of the two bruises in Ge:3:15. Death is a messy business in real life, why expect it to be sanitized in the book? Isaiah:65 is the new earth and none of that goes on there.

ok, how about these then
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)
I touched on this already, it would be like when the mods do a green post here, the members are expected to read it and remain quiet rather than argue the point. It says 'in Church' so what the man says there will have already been talked about at home and what he says would be based on what they discussed before hand.

GENESIS
2:13-19 Abraham prostitutes wife.
19:1-8 Rape virgin daughters instead of male angels.
19:26 Lot’s wife turned into pillar of salt for disobeying god.
19:30-38 Lot impregnates his two daughters while drunk.
20:2-12 Abraham prostitutes wife – again.
25:1-6 Keeping many concubines is OK.
All of those aspects ended with the cross. I think Lot's daughters got him drunk so they could seduce him, maybe they were not all that unhappy with the night they spent partying.

EXODUS
20:17 Wife as property.
21:4 Wife and children belong to master.
21:7-11 OK to sell daughters. Female slaves can be used for sex. Polygamy permitted. Unwanted female slaves can be set “free” without payment of money.
Do these still apply to the Jewish culture, they were never part of the NT instructions and if you are promoting that men wrote this then isn't that who you should be chastising rather than God (a fictions one at that) If that is offensive to women then getting men to chanmge it would seem to be the solution. Easy fix compared to hauling God out of Heaven.

NUMBERS
1:2 Census lists only men – women do not count.
5:11-31 Fidelity test for women only.
30:1-16 Woman’s vow invalid unless approved by her father or husband.
31:17-18 Kill all except virgins. Keep virgins for yourselves.
You forgot to post that the virgin girls were raised as normal children until the right age and then the family that took care of them could have her added as a wife (help for the 1st wife rather than a sex toy for the man, that is a Western fantasy that shows what they would do in that situation, low moral standards is quite apparent) If the woman was of age then she was given a month to mourn her lost family and if the man taking care of her wanted to marry her he did and if not he took her virginity with his foinger and then she was free to marry any man from the 12 Tribes as long as no money changed hands, money did change hands for his own natural daughter as she was sold as a virgin bride.
Not perfect but not the rapefest people imagine it was.

JUDGES
5:30 Women are spoils of war.
14:20 Samson gives wife to another man.
16:1 Samson visits prostitute.
CH 19 Concubine pack-raped and butchered.
21:10-12 Slaughtered all inc. women and children. Saved virgins for wives.
21:21 Abducted girls for wives.
There is no NT equivalent is there? If men wrote the OT then that is there version, with God the Law of Re:21 was in effect until the 10 Commandments came into effect. The 600+ other laws were from the time of Moses until the cross, they were there so Christ would have a set of laws to obey so He could be sinless when killed.

EPHESIANS
5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.
COLOSSIANS
3:18 Wives submit to husbands.
That is just another version of 'too many cooks spoil the stew'. God even set the rules in Ge:1, God spoke the words and the Holy Spirit made the word become reality.

Isa:55:11:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please,
and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hmmm... looks like conflicting passages in the bible here about the rights of women. How could that be? Was god not able to make up his mind or were the men who wrote it confused?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That is Gods way of keeping a lot of people at arms length, after all He is going to kill 2/3 of the planet so you know somebody has to miss the real message.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That is Gods way of keeping a lot of people at arms length, after all He is going to kill 2/3 of the planet so you know somebody has to miss the real message.
Nice guy! Remind me not to invite the psychopath to my next party.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Like He would want to be at that party. It isn't like you could do anything to stop Him anyway. Even sending you to the grave doesn't stop you from being invited to His party to celebrate the end of sin and death. Without God being real the Bible would explain the plan that the Jews have for the Gentiles, you think they are going to alter that ratio? Fat chance.

Re:21:3:
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold,
the tabernacle of God is with men,
and he will dwell with them,
and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them,
and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold,
I make all things new.
And he said unto me,
Write:
for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me,
It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end.
I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things;
and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
The second century St. Clement of Alexandria wrote: "Every woman should be filled with shame by the thought that she is a woman."

The Church father Tertullian explained why women deserve their status as despised and inferior human beings:

"And do you not know that you are an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the devil's gateway: you are the unsealer of that tree: you are the first deserter of the divine law: you are she who persuaded him whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man. On account of your desert that is, death even the Son of God had to die."

The sixth century Christian philosopher, Boethius, wrote in The Consolation of Philosophy, "Woman is a temple built upon a sewer."

In the tenth century Odo of Cluny declared, "To embrace a woman is to embrace a sack of manure..."

St. Thomas Aquinas suggested that God had made a mistake in creating woman: "nothing [deficient] or defective should have been produced in the first establishment of things; so woman ought not to have been produced then."

Regards
DL

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God’s image?

Regards
DL

hm am I......well I guess it would depend upon who you asked then

based on the above qualifiers that is

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How about we leave the 'old' out and go by the 'new directions' Christian are batting about zero compared to how much they cause compared to elimination of just these blights on mankind.

M't:25:44:
Then shall they also answer him,
saying,
Lord,
when saw we thee an hungred,
or athirst,
or a stranger,
or naked,
or sick,
or in prison,
and did not minister unto thee?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
hm am I......well I guess it would depend upon who you asked then

based on the above qualifiers that is

You are the one I am asking.

Regards
DL

How about we leave the 'old' out and go by the 'new directions' Christian are batting about zero compared to how much they cause compared to elimination of just these blights on mankind.

M't:25:44:
Then shall they also answer him,
saying,
Lord,
when saw we thee an hungred,
or athirst,
or a stranger,
or naked,
or sick,
or in prison,
and did not minister unto thee?

You cannot have a new body when old dead heads run it.

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That's very true and it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Even the Jews in the OT lost the right path and they had people from God to keep them on the straight and narrow.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
That's very true and it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Even the Jews in the OT lost the right path and they had people from God to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Yes and the religions of today have accountants instead of people of God.

Regards
DL

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
probably since I come from him I am a part of him

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
correct he is made into man's image

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.
to the best of my ability

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?
I am not a Christian but yes I do follow what I believe to be god

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?
nope...

Are you created in God’s image?
yes since I am of him, I am created in his image

You are the one I am asking.

Regards
DL
I don't really know with certainty and yet I believe yes, since I only know my perception of god and my perception of god is based upon my personal experience and my experience includes a Christian background and therefore that colours my thinking.

However most of the Christian belief system I have rejected or abandoned for many reasons. Most Christians are more interested in the way others behave than their own behaviour and the way they live does not reflect Christ's principals. I do believe Christianity for those who attempt to follow likely results in a lot of positive outcomes for the believer and for those around them. People need to be told what to do since figuring things out for themselves doesn't seem to interest a huge majority of people. It's easier to cling to the pack.

Safer too.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Usually crime bosses need good accounting.

Have you been watching a rerun of the Godfather or just the latest news showing the Vatican bank under investigation, --- again?

Strange how the world cares about money but will not do anything about the Vatican's pedophile priest protection racket they run.

Regards
DL