Greenpeace calls for Elections Canada probe of Ethical Oil

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
bwahhahahahahaaaa

Under their skin:
Greenpeace wants Elections Canada Commissioner Yves Cote to investigate whether EthicalOil.org is just a way for the Conservative Party of Canada to skirt political donation limits.

"It walks like a front group, it talks like a front group," Greenpeace campaigner Keith Stewart said Tuesday. "(We're) asking the commissioner: Is this a front group that would violate the elections law act?" [...]

He admits, however, everything "could be within the boundaries of the law."
*snort*

Free Ethical Oil! - Small Dead Animals

Sun News : Greenpeace calls for probe of EthicalOil.org

*snerkle*

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Talk about hypocrisy! Greenpeace has a lot to account for themselves. Even the former head of Greenpeace says they get financing from people and companies who are using them for their own interests and not necessarily good ones. But hey, GP doesn't care.

Our oil IS ethical when taking Saudia Arabia, Nigeria etc. into consideration. Please. Can anyone tell me why Greenpeace et al don't condemn those countries? I'll tell you why - they likely get support from various factions in those very same countries because those countries are worried that if Canadian Oil gets out into the world, it will have a devastating affect on their crooked little pocket books, that's why. These so-called activists rely on these guys to put money into their own pocket books so its a mutual arrangement. In the meantime, Canada has to fight like hell to make sure people know that we are the ethical ones. It's totally ridiculous.

And while Erza Lavant may not be the most personable individual, he's likely that way for a reason. He has to have a thick skin to take some of the mean and vicious shots because there are a lot of people who don't want to hear the truth or, better yet, don't want the truth to be told. I think he's the most courageous news media person out there and I have a lot of respect for what he does. As can be shown by all the times he's had to be in court, there are those out there who are determined to silence him. I pray they won't succeed. We need more Ezra's not less.

JMHO

Oh, the Tides Foundation is another one....whose ethics I questions BIG TIME. They're not who they pretend to be either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And while Erza Lavant may not be the most personable individual, he's likely that way for a reason. He has to have a thick skin to take some of the mean and vicious shots because there are a lot of people who don't want to hear the truth or, better yet, don't want the truth to be told.

It's the lipstick that freaks me out about the guy.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Our oil IS ethical when taking Saudia Arabia, Nigeria etc. into consideration. Please. Can anyone tell me why Greenpeace et al don't condemn those countries? I'll tell you why - they likely get support from various factions in those very same countries because those countries are worried that if Canadian Oil gets out into the world, it will have a devastating affect on their crooked little pocket books, that's why.

It wasn't so long ago that GP attempted their little stunt in Russian waters.

I'm guessing that their 'representatives' are still locked in a gulag.

Too bad that other nations don't take the same line as Putin when dealing with ideologues like Tides or greenpeace

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
bwahhahahahahaaaa

Under their skin:
Greenpeace wants Elections Canada Commissioner Yves Cote to investigate whether EthicalOil.org is just a way for the Conservative Party of Canada to skirt political donation limits.

"It walks like a front group, it talks like a front group," Greenpeace campaigner Keith Stewart said Tuesday. "(We're) asking the commissioner: Is this a front group that would violate the elections law act?" [...]

He admits, however, everything "could be within the boundaries of the law."
*snort*

Free Ethical Oil! - Small Dead Animals

I watched Ezra this AM. Boy does he take a strip out of Greenpeace, Young and moonbats in general. Only problem was it was Ezra.

It wasn't so long ago that GP attempted their little stunt in Russian waters.

I'm guessing that their 'representatives' are still locked in a gulag.

Too bad that other nations don't take the same line as Putin when dealing with ideologues like Tides or greenpeace

Greenpeace signed a contract that allows them to take donations from Chinese citizens as long as Greedpeace doesn't bad mouth Beijing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not really no. It's actually pretty benign. $38 is the median donation and a few extra bucks raised to slam Neil Young. And zero connection to any election.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
He seems to be one of the most dissatisfied whiny Canadians, oblivious to or the least proud of what we have and do, that I have ever seen.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He seems to be one of the most dissatisfied whiny Canadians, oblivious to or the least proud of what we have and do, that I have ever seen.

Wants everything and expects it to fall from sky without any work.

It's like when your 7 year old wants a new bike and you explain you don't have any money and then they pipe up and say "well go to the bank and get some".