Canada bans Brit from selling Irn Bru and Marmite

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why am I not surprised?

Then why does Britain ban heroin? Toxins being readily available and all.

I'm afraid there's no comparison.

Heroin is a dangerous drug which kills thousands of people a year.

Lucozade, Irn-Bru, Penguins, Marmite and Bovril are harmless products enjoyed my millions of people everyday with, as far as I know, no fatalities.

Comparing a soft drink to heroin is, to put it mildly, nothing short of ludicrous.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm afraid there's no comparison.

Heroin is a dangerous drug which kills thousands of people a year.

Lucozade, Irn-Bru, Penguins, Marmite and Bovril are harmless products enjoyed my millions of people everyday with, as far as I know, no fatalities.

Comparing a soft drink to heroin is, to put it mildly, nothing short of ludicrous.
Not as ludicrous as comparing a soft drink to guns.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Briddish 'food'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not as ludicrous as comparing a soft drink to guns.
Not as ludicrous, or as ironic, as banning "dangerous" Marmite yet allowing guns to be sold.
It seems the British stereotype of Americans not getting irony has some ring of truth to it.

This story has got some posters on an Irish discussion forum poking fun at the Canadians.

In a thread on this story the OP says: "In a brave customs and law enforcement crackdown, Marmite has been seized by Canadian customs officials. The horror of Marmite - worse than cocaine I hear. Could be room for a new Breaking Bad spinoff with the illegal Marmite trade."

If you want a cup of steaming beef, chicken, vegetable broth, there is a better product: Better than Bouillon - Google Search

No, thanks. I'll stick to good old Bovril, even though it does cost £3.20 (5.85 Canadian dollars) per 250ml jar.

Not british

What country is Scotland part of?

Remind me if you will; does Scotch whiskey originate from Scotland - that nation that is about to exit the empire?

You'll be disappointed. The latest poll puts support for independence in Scotland at just 29%. On 19th September I'll come back to this thread to mock you.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Not as ludicrous, or as ironic, as banning "dangerous" Marmite yet allowing guns to be sold.
It seems the British stereotype of Americans not getting irony has some ring of truth to it.

This story has got some posters on an Irish discussion forum poking fun at the Canadians.

In a thread on this story the OP says: "In a brave customs and law enforcement crackdown, Marmite has been seized by Canadian customs officials. The horror of Marmite - worse than cocaine I hear. Could be room for a new Breaking Bad spinoff with the illegal Marmite trade."

No, thanks. I'll stick to good old Bovril, even though it does cost £3.20 (5.85 Canadian dollars) per 250ml jar.

You'll be disappointed. The latest poll puts support for independence in Scotland at just 29%. On 19th September I'll come back to this thread to mock you.

Keep your poisons in the UK. That and deep fried mars bars. Deep fried eggs as well.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Canada even has ingredients in our food that US doesn't allow, and vice versa. Happens all the time.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Of course you will... Nothing like some pretend beef broth to go along with that pretend navy that you fantasize about

Ohh... Ahhhh.. Now, don't tell me... Scotland?

There is only one poll that counts and that is on the day of the vote

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I can't say that I am overly concerned that I will never get a chance to taste the wondrous Irn Bru or Marmite.