Hasan Sentenced to Death for Fort Hood Shooting

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
He said he wanted the DP because that would still give him martyrdom. I believe he should have been given life in
solitary confinement. That would not encourage anyone to try to emulate him.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Finally! Ft. Hood Jihadist Nidal Hasan Forcibly Shaved In Prison…

Feel good story of the day.
FORT LEAVENWORTH, Kan. (AP) — The Army psychiatrist sentenced to death for the Fort Hood shooting rampage has been forcibly shaved, an Army spokesman said Tuesday.

Maj. Nidal Hasan began growing a beard in the years after the November 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and 30 wounded.

The beard prompted delays to his court-martial because it violated Army grooming regulations. He was convicted of all charges last month at his court-martial at the Central Texas Army post and sentenced to death.

Now, Hasan is an inmate at the U.S. Detention Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., home to the military death row. Lt. Col. S. Justin Platt, a spokesman for military prison, said in a statement Tuesday that Hasan had been shaved. He did not specify when or provide details, however.

Officials at Fort Leavenworth previously had said Hasan would be subject to Army regulations.

Hasan dispensed with all criminal defense counsel and represented himself during his trial. A message left with John Galligan, Hasan’s first criminal defense attorney who still represents him in civil matters, was not returned.

Hasan said he grew the beard because his Muslim faith required it and was not meant as a show of disrespect. However, Col. Gregory Gross, the original judge presiding over Hasan’s court-martial, ordered Hasan to be clean-shaven or be forcibly shaved before his trial.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ft. Hood Jihadist Nidal Hasan Dishonorably Discharged From Army, Gets To Keep $300,000 He’s Received Since Terror Attack…

via zip:
Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan has been dishonorably discharged from the United States Army, according to military officials.

NBC 5 DFW Investigates spoke with Chris Haug, chief of media relations at Fort Hood.

Haug said, according to the Senior Judge Advocate General at Fort Hood, Hasan is “no longer a military serviceman. He has no rank and is dishonorably discharged from the Army” following his court martial and sentencing for the mass shooting at Fort Hood in 2009.

Haug said going forward, Hasan will be called simply “inmate Nidal Hasan” at the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas.

Haug detailed that it will technically take some time until the paperwork is signed removing Hasan from the Army’s ranks.

But Haug said the order will eventually be signed and backdated to the date of conviction, effectively removing Hasan from the Army as of his conviction date.

A military panel also ordered that Hasan be stripped of his military pay. However that order will not take effect until place 14 days following his sentencing. Hasan will continue to receive his full military salary until Sept. 10.

Earlier this year, NBC 5 Investigates was the first to report that the Department of Defense showed Hasan had been paid about $300,000 after his arrest for the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Ft. Hood Jihadist Nidal Hasan Dishonorably Discharged From Army, Gets To Keep $300,000 He’s Received Since Terror Attack…

via zip:
Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan has been dishonorably discharged from the United States Army, according to military officials.

NBC 5 DFW Investigates spoke with Chris Haug, chief of media relations at Fort Hood.

Haug said, according to the Senior Judge Advocate General at Fort Hood, Hasan is “no longer a military serviceman. He has no rank and is dishonorably discharged from the Army” following his court martial and sentencing for the mass shooting at Fort Hood in 2009.

Haug said going forward, Hasan will be called simply “inmate Nidal Hasan” at the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas.

Haug detailed that it will technically take some time until the paperwork is signed removing Hasan from the Army’s ranks.

But Haug said the order will eventually be signed and backdated to the date of conviction, effectively removing Hasan from the Army as of his conviction date.

A military panel also ordered that Hasan be stripped of his military pay. However that order will not take effect until place 14 days following his sentencing. Hasan will continue to receive his full military salary until Sept. 10.

Earlier this year, NBC 5 Investigates was the first to report that the Department of Defense showed Hasan had been paid about $300,000 after his arrest for the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting.

A hundred thou a year for doing nothing...good gig if you can get it.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I have my doubts Hasan will ever be executed.

The Death Penalty has been in steady decline in the U.S. for the last couple of decades, and is now almost exclusively applied in a few states.. Texas being foremost amongst them, with Florida a relatively distant second.

Actually for a vocation dedicated to Arms.. there has always been great resistance in the senior ranks of modern armed forces to the Death Penalty.. a legacy of its gross abuse as a prod in the past.. especially in the First World War.. and its inconsistency with the principles of honour and self sacrifice that are still at the core of the profession.

Southern Governors (like Texas Gov. Rick Perry ) have no such aspirations of honour or integrity.. have never been in a position of having to order good men into harm's way.. and therefor have no qualms about executions.

And like EagleSmack said in one his occasional lucid moments.. it'll just create a martyr.

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
A hundred thou a year for doing nothing...good gig if you can get it.

They could give him a few million and I doubt it'd make a difference to him. He wont get to enjoy a dime of the money. Most will probably go to lawyers.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
They could give him a few million and I doubt it'd make a difference to him. He wont get to enjoy a dime of the money. Most will probably go to lawyers.
true enough...it's just the sheer idea of paying him...it galls me

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
He did kill 13 people who had done nothing to him........Now we only have to go through about fifteen appeals and he can be shot, or gassed, or electrocuted......The a-ss wipe will likely die on death row.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
He did kill 13 people who had done nothing to him........Now we only have to go through about fifteen appeals and he can be shot, or gassed, or electrocuted......The a-ss wipe will likely die on death row.

None of the above actually. Lethal injection is the only method right now for the military. They had the chair for a few decades after WW2 but never used it. Its off the books now. They never had the gas chamber and firing squads were for the most part only used at war. Most US military firing squad executions did not happen in the US. Now lethal injection is the only legal option. Given the guy wants to die he can and probably will waive his appeals. He doesnt get an option on the first one though. The first appeal is automatic after any death sentence.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I prefer seeing people suffer in a 5X6 box for the rest of their lives. He deserves to wither away and die from Cancer like the rest of us.

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Can he choose his method of execution?

Its rare for anyone to have a choice now. A few states let them choose between electrocution and lethal injection but thats rare. The only one Im aware of that still actively allows the choice between the two is Virginia. I think they used the chair once this year. Most do not chose that method though. About three years ago Utah allowed a man to chose a firing squad. He only got that choice because he was sentenced to death before the firing squad was removed. In 96 or 97 Delaware let a guy choose hanging because of a similar legal loophole. Cant say I blame that guy. Id take that over the chair or lethal injection any day. By and large today whether you are in the civilian or military system there is no choice.

I prefer seeing people suffer in a 5X6 box for the rest of their lives. He deserves wither away and die from Cancer like the rest of us.

Indeed. A natural death is usually far slower and more painful than any execution.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't know why but I would rather face a firing squad too. Harder on the executioners though. How could one force someone to shoot another human being, it's your gun it's your bullet. With the needle I would presume a doctor would administer it on behalf of the state. Worst part would be the night before I would imagine.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Just do him already.

Forget wasting resources housing, feeding, clothing, providing med and psych care to scum like this.