Feds to cut up to 68,000 jobs

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
HHHMMM - The Unreported Crime Section - Heard they were incorporated within the Liberal Party of Quebec. RCMP are still looking from what I heard. If you are aware of them you could be complicit in the event that it goes from Unreported to Conviction.

You do not like jokes.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I am all for trimming government. They spend far too much of my money on bullsh*t that does nothing for me. Government should be as small as possible providing only essential services like healthcare, education and defense. We need to move back to a society of free people who are responsible for themselves and away from the big govt nanny state we have today. I am not a fan of Harpo and his clowns usually but this is a good thing in my view. Now if he would only start repealing a whole bunch of meaningless legislation that gives govt control of our lives I might even start to support him.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I am all for trimming government. They spend far too much of my money on bullsh*t that does nothing for me. Government should be as small as possible providing only essential services like healthcare, education and defense. We need to move back to a society of free people who are responsible for themselves and away from the big govt nanny state we have today. I am not a fan of Harpo and his clowns usually but this is a good thing in my view. Now if he would only start repealing a whole bunch of meaningless legislation that gives govt control of our lives I might even start to support him.

Now recall that some of that legislation protects you from harm.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You bet, and I'm for removing "healthcare" and "education". :smile:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I love jokes, reason I ran with it. What Private Sector jobs has Harper cut?

I would like to know, but he won't tell us.

Ah, it was in another article I read, but not in the OP..

Now there's a new report on what the Harper Conservatives are up to in Ottawa and if true, 50,000 to 60,000 federal public service jobs or private sector jobs funded by Ottawa could be eliminated by 2014.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10339836

If cutting these jobs has no real consequence to us, then by all means, cut. But we should have transparency on what jobs could be cut so that everyone can respond and have an opinion on whether those jobs are reasonable/necessary.

After everyone can speak their piece, then we could ensure that wasteful services (like this) are cut, while important jobs are left alone.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I'm not saying toss out every clause of every act and the criminal code but there is a lot of stuff that costs a boatload to administer that we could be responsible for ourselves and deal with any issues civilly.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It could be gaffe on 1010's part. I'm not sure how they define private industry if it is publicly subsidized.

Public Sector cuts will affect services - no doubt - The Liberals did the same in the 90's. Aging population equals debt has to be cut as these costs wil increase.
I also see the Civil Service pensions will change.
And for those that ask - I am ex military and I was never a Public Servant.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I'm not saying toss out every clause of every act and the criminal code but there is a lot of stuff that costs a boatload to administer that we could be responsible for ourselves and deal with any issues civilly.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There are 105 high paying jobs they should cut in the Senate.

THAT I agree with. A couple of years back they had one doddering old bastard who was away in Mexico 97% of the time. Hopefully they "deep sixed" him! :lol:

I thought they were reforming Senate for our benefit.

Yeah, right- I think they have more senators in P.E.I. than they do in Canada west of the Lakehead!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah, right- I think they have more senators in P.E.I. than they do in Canada west of the Lakehead!

But I thought he was "streamlining" the process and making it more "efficient". :D

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I think they have more senators in P.E.I. than they do in Canada west of the Lakehead!
There are 4 senator positions in PEI; each of the 4 western provinces has 6 positions.