Should Britain and the United States merge?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Nonetheless, a smug member of the Northern America Anglosphere. Good job!

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to people like you, North America would have been far better off in the long run if my Native ancestors had sunk every ship that landed on these shores immediately.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to people like you, North America would have been far better off in the long run if my Native ancestors had sunk every ship that landed on these shores immediately.

Now that's a more reasonable answer.

That would have been smart, but being pre-modern people, they didn't have have the means in terms of technology or knowledge to do so. They were isolated and had no idea of the bigger world of Asia, Africa and Europe, so when strange white skinned people came, they were totally surprised. Ignorance is not bliss.

Every time aboriginals say, "We want to preserve our culture." They whack another nail in their coffin.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Now that's a more reasonable answer.

That would have been smart, but being pre-modern people, they didn't have have the means in terms of technology or knowledge to do so. They were isolated and had no idea of the bigger world of Asia, Africa and Europe, so when strange white skinned people came, they were totally surprised. Ignorance is not bliss.

Every time aboriginals say, "We want to preserve our culture." They whack another nail in their coffin.

and every time you post anything you prove once again how much of a fu cking brainless moron you are with no idea of what you are talking about.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Start another thread for your type, this thread has been hijacked.
I think you post these bigoted threads to get people's goat and then get upset when you get called on it. If you are going to troll, sometimes you are going to catch sharks. Don't whine if you lose some parts in the fight.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I find it quite comic that some Indians consider themselves "North Americans" and refrain from calling themselves Canadians. Could be the joke is on them because they must use English words to define themselves. Plus, it is the same kind of North Americans used by Don Cherry and many others to describe hockey players in the NHL who are not from Europe. Many many likes.

Fact is, if you don't prove I'm wrong, then I'm right. Please cite an example so I can read an answer more than one sentence long.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Fact is, if you don't prove I'm wrong, then I'm right. Please cite an example so I can read an answer more than one sentence long.

Given that logic, if a defendent can't be proved guilty that means he is definitely innocent! (O.J. would like that)

I find it quite comic that some Indians consider themselves "North Americans" and refrain from calling themselves Canadians. Could be the joke is on them because they must use English words to define themselves. Plus, it is the same kind of North Americans used by Don Cherry and many others to describe hockey players in the NHL who are not from Europe. Many many likes.

Are you trying to make a point based solely on semantics?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Unless Greap Britain is ready to break up into individual States; dump the Monarchy and it's Parliament, this will never happen.

Of course, since Hawaii and Alaska were made States (and Hawaii was a Soverign Country before the American Missionaries overthrew the Monarchy there), there is some precedent for States thousands of miles from the mainland.

UK is looking for something new as the EU looks shaky. They can still trade with the EU like Norway or Switzerland does without few issues. Both countries have their own currency still.

Britain wishes to shed Northern Ireland, but would rather keep Scotland, and the latter likes British money.

There's much more to the Anglosphere than monarchial ties. I'm not quite sure why the UK has to rid itself of its Parliament for the Anglosphere.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

There is no need to give them anything, declare them sovereign nations within Canada. By doing that you also five them to all mineral, oil rights as well as anything else found on their lands. If necessary charge them some form of tax for keeping Canada's military umbrella over them. Show them how to run a country and turn them loose.

What is wrong with Indians considering them "North Americans" first, what language they use is only a language of convince today. Look at the rest of the Canadians how many when asked where you are from say for example: I'm from Alberta, Manitoba or Nova Scotia and not say just Canada. I know some of you think of yourselves as Canadians first, but far to many still think of themselves as provincials first. The First people consider themselves from what ever tribe and nation they originated from, then Canadians.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Does anyone else find this highly racist, or at least VERY bigoted, or is it just me?

Par for the course, the highlight of all his posts.

I think you post these bigoted threads to get people's goat and then get upset when you get called on it. If you are going to troll, sometimes you are going to catch sharks. Don't whine if you lose some parts in the fight.

And yet he just keeps trolling along.

Seriously, you people have a problem.

Yep. Thread after thread after thread of anti-immigrant, anti-aboriginal postings laced with bigoted, racist rhetoric. But we have a problem.

Fact is, if you don't prove I'm wrong, then I'm right.

Wow, there's that impeccable logic we've all come to know and love. Ranks right up there with "na na na-na nah".

Please cite an example so I can read an answer more than one sentence long.

Been there, done that. You ignore it. Single sentences are all you deserve.

Says here a new NAFTA, the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement is getting some interest in UK. Also it states academics in Iceland have proposed adopting the Canuck buck-no joke. It was also mentioned in Macleans mag.

Countries are looking for alternatives and we can offer something. A new European club is way cool.

Plus no injuns!

Given that logic, if a defendent can't be proved guilty that means he is definitely innocent! (O.J. would like that)

Are you trying to make a point based solely on semantics?

You think he has a point to make?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Par for the course, the highlight of all his posts.

And yet he just keeps trolling along.

Yep. Thread after thread after thread of anti-immigrant, anti-aboriginal postings laced with bigoted, racist rhetoric. But we have a problem.

Wow, there's that impeccable logic we've all come to know and love. Ranks right up there with "na na na-na nah".

Been there, done that. You ignore it. Single sentences are all you deserve.

Plus no injuns!

You think he has a point to make?

The man is obviously very sick, definitely not a happy person to have obsessed with such negative thoughts about his fellow man. I'm wondering if it is to the point of depriving him of any happiness in life or if it IS HIS HAPPINESS IN LIFE.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The man is obviously very sick, definitely not a happy person to have obsessed with such negative thoughts about his fellow man. I'm wondering if it is to the point of depriving him of any happiness in life or if it IS HIS HAPPINESS IN LIFE.

I don't even give a damn anymore. Six threads on the live forum feed this morning that contain essentially the same negative rhetoric. Over and over and over again, ignoring the responses that he doesn't like, then having the audacity to demand proof that his "argument" is wrong.

Bitterness, anger, resentment. I have no patience for it.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

I'm not anti-immigrant, I'm for smarter immigrants. About 65% of 250,000 immigrants that enter Canada yearly are family class, they are having a tough time assimilating and finding employment. So all the 250,000 each year, cost $6000 to support. I think that is a poor way to spend my tax dollars. My father came from Europe in the 1950s and got $0 from the govt to become a Canadian. He thought that was an awesome deal.

Doesn't Attawaspiskat seem like the old treaty system is broken? People suffer and nothing will change. Some people are heartless. Yes, call me a bigot for putting stories here that are from the mainstream media. You are the bigot, bully, and blind supporter of the politically correct because you just don't want to hear about it. The smug are irritating. But funny. But dull.