Top CEOs leave 99% in the dust

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I bought a tire guage at Canadian Tire the other day- a fairly simple gadget one would think. Absolutely useless, returned it half an hour later. :smile:
Pressure or tread depth? I bought a digital pressure guage for $3 a few years ago from CT. Damn handy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Pressure or tread depth? I bought a digital pressure guage for $3 a few years ago from CT. Damn handy.

Different pressure every time I tried it on the same tire. On a car tire that was underinflated (under 32 lbs.) I got a reading of 80 p.s.i. !

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
One like this?

Should I have? :lol:
Perhaps.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I bought a tire guage at Canadian Tire the other day- a fairly simple gadget one would think. Absolutely useless, returned it half an hour later. :smile:

Should have hired a more competent operator. Sometimes it's money well spent.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No

In other words; the statement is absolute fantasy and still wrong.

1 share equals 1 vote. If you're too stupid or lazy not to assign your proxy vote, then you get everything that you deserve.

To put it yet another way: Bullsh*t

... And you know this because of...?

The way modern corporations are run more than proves every one of my points, but I see you have made your usual intelligent analysis of my post. You most discerning remark was the one that said bullsh*t which as usual said nothing. Tell you what, when you actually have an intelligent critical thought thought that actually provides any evidence refuting anything in my post please please post it. Until then, your complete lack of evidence pretty much proves that everyting I stated is 100 correct. In fact, coming from CC's corporate apologist it pretty much confirms very statement made. I'm sorry CM, but when it comes to intelligent commentary regarding the ultra-rich you have pretty much run your credibility into the ground. Next time instead of asking how I know a historical fact why don't you actually present some evidence to the contrary?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The way modern corporations are run more than proves every one of my points, but I see you have made your usual intelligent analysis of my post.

Tell us, o' wise one: How do modern day corporations run?

You most discerning remark was the one that said bullsh*t which as usual said nothing.

The remark said volumes... It is an accurate and articulate analysis of your comments on the issue.

Tell you what, when you actually have an intelligent critical thought thought that actually provides any evidence refuting anything in my post please please post it.

See above

Until then, your complete lack of evidence pretty much proves that everyting I stated is 100 correct. In fact, coming from CC's corporate apologist it pretty much confirms very statement made.

As per your standard MO... Selective acceptance of the facts coupled with a Napoleonic-Code-style of judgement.

You're in the teaching profession, right?

I weep for the future

I'm sorry CM

Not as sorry as I or the rest of society

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Tell us, o' wise one: How do modern day corporations run?

The remark said volumes... It is an accurate and articulate analysis of your comments on the issue.

See above

As per your standard MO... Selective acceptance of the facts coupled with a Napoleonic-Code-style of judgement.

You're in the teaching profession, right?

I weep for the future

Not as sorry as I or the rest of society

I don't have to tell you how modern corporations are run. My point was that CEOs control their own reward system. You prove that they don't

You BS reamark was typical of your sort of analysis of an issue - there nerver is any. Once again you resort to playground vocabulary because you simply don't have any valid or well-thought-out response. And I note it took you only a simple post to resort to your usual tactic of character assassination. You weep for the future - well you certainly should if you are what passes for right wing intelligentsia. Or sorry I forgot - right wing intelligentsia is an oxymoron - at least it certainly appears to be in your case.

BTW I am still waiting for that intelligent well-thought-out comment from you. But then again making flippant non-substantive remarks is so much easier isn't it?

I'll respond to your next post only if you actually make an intelligent point. I am not expecting that I will have to worry about that though will I?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I don't have to tell you how modern corporations are run. My point was that CEOs control their own reward system. You prove that they don't

You BS reamark was typical of your sort of analysis of an issue - there nerver is any. Once again you resort to playground vocabulary because you simply don't have any valid or well-thought-out response. And I note it took you only a simple post to resort to your usual tactic of character assassination. You weep for the future - well you certainly should if you are what passes for right wing intelligentsia. Or sorry I forgot - right wing intelligentsia is an oxymoron - at least it certainly appears to be in your case.

BTW I am still waiting for that intelligent well-thought-out comment from you. But then again making flippant non-substantive remarks is so much easier isn't it?

I'll respond to your next post only if you actually make an intelligent point. I am not expecting that I will have to worry about that though will I?

How sad.. Not only do you still stick to your position despite the fact that it is demonstrably wrong, you take an aggressive position in acting the part of know-it-all. Your keen sense of bravado is admirable (in a weird way), but in this case, you're mimicking the role of Custer just prior to his demise.

Here's the answer to your question that will hopefully put an end to your wandering down this path of ignorance (although I highly doubt it).

Try these links, you'll get the gist in the first few paragraphs on the process of determining Sr. Exec compensation... Here's just a few examples, but I think that you'll find that the process is consistent across the spectrum

http://www.tgci.com/magazine/Determining Executive Compensation.pdf
http://www.boardsource.org/Knowledge.asp?ID=1.230
http://www.wirelessinnovation.org/assets/documents/poli-Executive_Compensation_Policy.pdf

Looks like you're wrong.... Again