Joo Haters - Come on down

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
There is something I don't understand. When our retired people want to live in the US they must stay only 6 months and come home for six months for some reason. As one of you said was it a citizenship of convenience? I thought a new law was enacted of we had to rescue so many from Lebanon and after they returned home!!!!

Will we be on the hook again?

Yes - Save your pennies - They will come a callin

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Bullshyte

Never mind telling us what you are full of. Tell us what you really think.

You should lay off whatever it is that makes you so bitter and angry...

Saudi Arabia's criminal justice system is medieval, and it would be condemned if the US and other Western Nations weren't making so much money off their oil or selling arms to Saudi's leaders so they can maintain their grip on power. Eventually our MSM and leaders will criticize Saudi Arabia's institutionalized cruelty.... it will happen around the same time the oil runs out and the country implodes.

Next time you slam Israel for not negotiating with Hamas – Remember that you, not I or others stated they are medieval.
I would go farther – The power elite in Saudi along with other Arab Govts are just plain evil.
No sense in placing them in the Middle range

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
There is something I don't understand. When our retired people want to live in the US they must stay only 6 months and come home for six months for some reason. As one of you said was it a citizenship of convenience? I thought a new law was enacted of we had to rescue so many from Lebanon and after they returned home!!!!

My brother is a Canadian, and has been living abroad for a few years now as he completes his PhD. Being a Canadian shouldn't be inconvenient...at least I would hope most Canadians don't feel that way...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I know there is such a restriction on landed immigrants. I don't think there is on citizens.

Perhaps its a regulation of staying in the USA for only 6 months without a special visa.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Of course, your right. He joined the armed forces because he is a pacifist and abhors killing.:roll:

I stated that sometimes that is the only option.

Now off to Confession. Not me, you.

Myself I confess directly to the man.

Go to the top, everything else in between is BS

My brother is a Canadian, and has been living abroad for a few years now as he completes his PhD. Being a Canadian shouldn't be inconvenient...at least I would hope most Canadians don't feel that way...

The Canadians of convenience are for example the thousands of Lebanese Canadians - Dual Citizens - That needed evacuation.

The other would be the elites from China, Sudan, Arab Countries that have Canadian Citizenship so when the shxt hits they have a safe haven

Or the ones that send their pregnant wives here to give birth - A Canadian is born - another way in.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The Canadians of convenience are for example the thousands of Lebanese Canadians - Dual Citizens - That needed evacuation.

Yes it is convenient to be Canadian...as it should be. If they didn't need help evacuating from a situation they'd be called Canadians...instead of Canadians of convenience.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yes it is convenient to be Canadian...as it should be. If they didn't need help evacuating from a situation they'd be called Canadians...instead of Canadians of convenience.

Many have citzenship yet pay no taxes for decades - Call it what you will.

Like the US taxation it should change.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Many have citzenship yet pay no taxes for decades - Call it what you will.

Like the US taxation it should change.

Oh, you mean like Canadians that take advantage of our subsidized education then leave, work in another country (like the u.s.), don't pay any taxes into Canada, then when they retire they return to take advantage of Canada's social net. Those people?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Oh, you mean like Canadians that take advantage of our subsidized education then leave, work in another country (like the u.s.), don't pay any taxes into Canada, then when they retire they return to take advantage of Canada's social net. Those people?

I would include them - Why would I not.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I know there is such a restriction on landed immigrants. I don't think there is on citizens.

Perhaps its a regulation of staying in the USA for only 6 months without a special visa.

It also has tax implications - As well i believe it affects Canadian Pensions - CPP etc.Not sure now but at one time it did.