If you could have chosen your religion ?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
nope, didn't say that either, did I. Of corse their are those that do that,
just like there are those that don't "believe" that don't give a sh*t about
anyone but themsves. You don' see me making blanket statements about
athiests though, do you.
I don't know, but you did make a blanket generalisation that 3 people haven't a clue what they were talking about when it's pretty obvious that they do have their own points and you just admitted that at least part of what Les said was true.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't know, but you did make a blanket generalisation that 3 people haven't a clue what they were talking about when it's pretty obvious that they do have their own points and you just admitted that at least part of what Les said was true.

So, there is no problem with making partially correct statements about a group of people. I'll remember that.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and you'd think that someone that objects to being told that their beliefs or lack of beliefs are wrong, wouldn't do the same thing, but I guess that's why they're Hypocrites.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and you'd think that someone that objects to being told that their beliefs or lack of beliefs are wrong, wouldn't do the same thing, but I guess that's why they're Hypocrites.

Sorry Ron, you're edited version of what I said doesn't have any where near the same "punch".

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes...I'm guilty of substituting the word "Hypocrite" for "Something Else" but with
a similar (I'm assuming) connotation...but worded in such a way that I couldn't
leave the post unedited. I'd either have had to edit or remove the post.

I felt that Gerryh (though worded in a very colorful manner) had made a very valid
point. Gerryh (with the Faith that he follows) isn't trashing Atheists on Atheist
Threads. I believe that was the point that Gerryh was making. If I was mistaken, then I
apologize. I was just try'n to clean things up without completely removing the post.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ron, it appears trashing Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc, is the status quo here. Two can play that game though.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
A prime example of 3 men that don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Yes...I'm guilty of substituting the word "Hypocrite" for "Something Else" but with
a similar (I'm assuming) connotation...but worded in such a way that I couldn't
leave the post unedited. I'd either have had to edit or remove the post.

Ron, it appears trashing Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc, is the status quo here. Two can play that game though.

OK so even with Ron's admittance of changing the post you still have not gotten to the root of the issue.. What is it that I think and what have I trashed in religion ?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I wish I was born a Jew because when I was a little boy the Roman Catholics priests were a little too friendly I just thank God I never became an alter boy