What Are the Consequences of Obama Failing?

opim101

Aug 31, 2009
i was just reading another thread and they had this linke to the website: whoopsamerica.com... its a wonderful site..

and i found an answer to your question there... there is an article about obama and his radical policy's on it...

check it out ...it will give you a different opinion on this issue :lol:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Anyway, if the economy doesn't improve by the time Obama is done his stint as president, he will be blamed for the economy by idiots, the American public will probably vote in a Rep, and the lessons of it all will be forgotten in a couple decades, so the fools will again be doomed to repeat unpleasant history.

That much is true. But the fact is that the economy is improving even though the far right denies it.

Manufacturing Index Shows Economy Escaping Recession

Manufacturing Index Shows Economy Escaping Recession - Economy * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

Bank Bailout Turning Out to Be A Good Investment for the US

As Big Banks Repay Bailout Money, US Sees a Profit - General * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The consequences of Obama failing is that people are going to vote Republican for a long time after Obama leaves office.

He seems to have some trouble getting all sides to agree to healthcare reform. Guess we'll just have to be patient and see if we get world peace or if Obama fails shamefully.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The consequences of Obama failing is that people are going to vote Republican for a long time after Obama leaves office.

Hardly for a long time, alley, maybe once or twice. Republicans will be soon back to their antics, borrowing hugely, running even bigger deficits, alienating all kinds of minorities (Hispanics, blacks, women, gays etc.).

People will get fed up with them after one or two election cycles and will vote Democrats back in. And the cycle continues.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Anyway, if the economy doesn't improve by the time Obama is done his stint as president, he will be blamed for the economy by idiots, the American public will probably vote in a Rep, and the lessons of it all will be forgotten in a couple decades, so the fools will again be doomed to repeat unpleasant history.

What lessons would be forgotten? If Obama fails that means that no one has figured out what the real problem is to solve. Does anyone know?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"At least it doesn’t seem to be a right wing website. There are some here who quote extreme right wing websites as Gospel truth."

And then there are those who do not quote but parrot extreme left-wing websites as Darwin's truth.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

Reminds me of two instances, alley. Democrats won a huge victory in 1976, Nixon had resigned in disgrace (he was almost sure to be impeached din the House and convicted in the Senate, by resigning at least he saved some face and kept his pension and other benefits). Republican Party was in tatters.

Then along came 1978, Republicans made substantial gains in the House and Senate. Both still remained in Democratic control, but number of Republicans in both increased. Then came 1980, when Republicans won a sweeping victory. I remember in 1976, one columnist was bemoaning the fact that USA was on its way to becoming a one party state. There was a complete turnaround in 1980.

Then came 1982. The country was at peace, Reagan was hugely popular, the economy was roaring along (thanks to huge deficit spending by Reagan). Yet Republicans suffered heavy losses in the 1982 elections, they lost 27 seats in the House. By 1986 they had lost control of the Senate (House was Democratic all along).

So nothing lasts forever, things go in cycle.

Reactions: In Between Man

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Nah, if Obama fails, yes the Republicans will have another shot at the Presidency till they fail, and the cycle goes on.

Indeed, ironsides. When one side wins a crushing victory, it always seems that that is the end of the other party. The victor certainly loudly proclaims so (remember Carl Rowe and his permanent Republican majority?).

But it does not last. If Democrats are successful in passing some kind of health care reform and if the economy is doing well cone next election, Democrats will only suffer modest losses, otherwise they suffer heavy losses. But there is no question of Democrats gaining anything at the next election, the only question is, how heavy their losses will be.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
The Democrats probably will lose some seats next year, but they still hold enough of a majority to get some form of health care thru. Lets see how much they want to win in 2012.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The Democrats probably will lose some seats next year, but they still hold enough of a majority to get some form of health care thru. Lets see how much they want to win in 2012.

I don’t think health care will be much of a factor in 2012. Clinton could not get health care passed, lost Senate and House as a result, yet managed to win a big victory in 1996.

So I don’t think passing health care reform is all that important for Obama’s reelection. But I think it is very important if Democrats want to keep their losses to a manageable level next year.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
if parents were allowd to chastise their kids without other people interfering, we'd have a lot less crime and violence........but, there aint enough money in that idea, so lets break up the family unit.......
we arent allowed to teach our kids to have respect any more....its been termed child abuse.....
when the gov/bleeding hearts groups contribute in a POSITIVE way to the raising of my children, I'll take notice. till then........I'll raise mine the way I was raised......to have respect for others, for the elderly, for property that isnt theirs, for females.......BUT NOT FOR THE GOVERnMENT!

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The consquences of Obama failing are that the puppet masters that pull the strings of the two parties will turn to each other shoulders shrugged and ask "What do we try next? Gay? Female? What our niche going to be to keep the sheeple preoccupied?"

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I don’t think health care will be much of a factor in 2012. Clinton could not get health care passed, lost Senate and House as a result, yet managed to win a big victory in 1996.

So I don’t think passing health care reform is all that important for Obama’s reelection. But I think it is very important if Democrats want to keep their losses to a manageable level next year.

I think that he has put so much into the health care argument that he has to come out of this with some sort of win. If he doesn't, he loses more of his support, and of course if he does he may lose more of congress. Guess we said pretty much the same thing.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
I think it's a safe bet that the vast majority of posters in online forums such as this are between the ages of 20 and 80

That would be the most likely range, Extrafire. However, you cannot rule out a 10 year old pretending to be an adult. He may think it is quite a fun to fool all the adults in the forum. Or perhaps a spry, healthy 100 years old who still has his wits about to participate here.

But why not make a guess of a 5 year span? You have nothing to lose and if you do I'll reveal my exact age.

OK, here gores. 65 to 70.

As of today, I am 62 years, 5 months and 8 days old.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
That much is true. But the fact is that the economy is improving even though the far right denies it.

Manufacturing Index Shows Economy Escaping Recession

Manufacturing Index Shows Economy Escaping Recession - Economy * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

Bank Bailout Turning Out to Be A Good Investment for the US

As Big Banks Repay Bailout Money, US Sees a Profit - General * US * News * Story - CNBC.com
Encouraging signs, but there are still some disquieting signs:

• The housing market is still in big trouble with millions more foreclosures expected.
  • The commercial real estate market is experiencing huge vacancy rates and major foreclosures are expected.
  • 41 state governments are in financial trouble and have requested bailout money from the federal government.
  • Thus far it appears to be a jobless recovery. Even if the recovery proceeds it will be a slow recovery, and jobs will still continue to be lost.
We can hope the worst is over. If the signs of improvement are sufficient to give a measure of confidence to business and consumers, it may be enough to prevent the W recovery that some are forecasting.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
What lessons would be forgotten? If Obama fails that means that no one has figured out what the real problem is to solve. Does anyone know?
Lessons of government interference of political purposes in the mortgage industry. Lessons of activists using courts to force lenders to give mortgages to unqualified people. Lessons of greed by unqualified borrowers obtaining mortgages they can't handle in order to make a quick profit flipping property. Lessons of greed by unscrupulous financiers who bundled up bad mortgages and sold them as investments. Lessons of people, corporations and governments living beyond their means.

Have the lessons been learned? I don't think so. If the US economic recovery does proceed, I expect many of the same mistakes to be made again. The amount of debt in the US is staggering, so huge it cannot be repaid. I'm cautiously optimistic in the short term, but not in the long term.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Hardly for a long time, alley, maybe once or twice. Republicans will be soon back to their antics, borrowing hugely, running even bigger deficits, alienating all kinds of minorities (Hispanics, blacks, women, gays etc.).

People will get fed up with them after one or two election cycles and will vote Democrats back in. And the cycle continues.

The difference is that if Obama fails, it is because he failed to fix the mess created by Bush.

By contrast, if a Republican wins in 2012, he or she will still be burdened with fixing up that same mess since it was not created by Obama.