Ya, it's time to be honest about Islam...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's time to take the gloves off people.

Let's be honest here. When I discuss Natives, I'm open and honest about the fact that we are our own worst enemies, on many issues. I've never blamed "Whitie" for our failures. When it comes to Christians, they take more then their fair share of lumps for pedophile priests, to other abuses and so on.

Why is it, if you take a stand and pull no punches with the "Religion of Peace" the powers that be, suddenly whip out a shop-vac and wipe it out.

Let's be honest here, call like it is and just let the chips fall where they may.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
wipe it out? It strikes me that he simply put it in a new thread. Being a little melodramatic no?

If you haven't noticed, Andem has come into the forum on several occasions and requested that topics be stuck to. And, as a Christian who's had to endure the pedophile priest attacks or 'there is no God', on nearly any thread relating even remotely to religion, no mattter what it set out to discuss, I find my stance to be perfectly acceptable. I said the same thing when Avro set in on Dingus the other day and tried to highjack a thread about something else with 'there is no God'.

You are a familiar enough with forums to have quoted eanassir and started a new thread about his divisiveness within his religion, or the implications of a time of forgiveness in a religion which allows for capital punishment of the most horrific variety. But, instead, Ron had to do it for you, and in return for that you're pretending those words have been erased.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
This is why I like native spirituality,it's flexible and respects the creator which can be many things but focuses mainly on mother earth and nothing else.

Only take what you need,that keeps things balanced,something us khablunas need to learn.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
wipe it out? It strikes me that he simply put it in a new thread. Being a little melodramatic no?

If you haven't noticed, Andem has come into the forum on several occasions and requested that topics be stuck to. And, as a Christian who's had to endure the pedophile priest attacks or 'there is no God', on nearly any thread relating even remotely to religion, no mattter what it set out to discuss, I find my stance to be perfectly acceptable. I said the same thing when Avro set in on Dingus the other day and tried to highjack a thread about something else with 'there is no God'.

You are a familiar enough with forums to have quoted eanassir and started a new thread about his divisiveness within his religion, or the implications of a time of forgiveness in a religion which allows for capital punishment of the most horrific variety. But, instead, Ron had to do it for you, and in return for that you're pretending those words have been erased.

Something I appologised for with this PM.

Remember that exchange a few days back when I was ripping into you about the God comment?

I'd like to apologies, it was unacceptable of me to do that. I know many Christians and all are nothing more than loving and caring people.

Thanks.

Brian

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Actually, I was thinking about the HRC's and the UN when I wrote that. The escapades of the Mods pale in comparison, to the UN and the CHRC.

So the rest of your post is moot.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
fair enough, I hope you'll see why I read it the way I did.
Yes, which is why I didn't reply "aggressively".

I will admit that this instance was a catalyst, it really has no bearing on my over all opinion of how we are slowing being pacified when it comes to Islam.

As soon as it's questioned, the same people who use racial slurs in the debating of Natives (And yes, I'm referring specifically to Avro here), show up and through the bigot card, in an attempt to silence the discussion, an all to common tactic now.

The UN has mentioned Islam specifically in its protection of religions.

The HRC's have seen more cases brought forward about critics of Islam, then critics of Christianity, while taking cases that put Christians in the hot seat.

We're not talking about a religion that has in the over all, decided to adapt to the 21st century. We're talking about a religion that has decided to stay firmly rooted in the 15th. Complete with all the archaic crap associated with those dark times.

I'm quite aware of Islam's history, this isn't something I stumble about like some rednecked buffoon. Islam was experiencing it's renaissance, while Europe as still pissing on itself. It was a religion of peace at one point, yes, it used methods of spreading the word adopted and accepted at the time, yes it used manners of punishment that were not out of the norm for the era.

But we aren't in 15th century Jerusalem now are we?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is this above Thread, & this Thread: http://forums.canadiancontent.net/faith-discussion/94998-side-track-posts-re-moslems.html

....the same Thread? Should/could they be merged? This current Thread title is way better than
what I came up with on the fly for the Thread in the link.

I'm just asking...let he who started the Thread decide.
No...

Why Do People Say Muslim Now Instead of Moslem?

I'm not a follower of any religion - but it would be nice to hear what people have to share without all the accusations and horror stories. Lard knows every religion has skeletons in its closet and one is no better than the other - JUST LIKE POLITICS
There's a huge difference between a skeleton in your closet and a 9 year old rape victim buried up to her neck in your front yard.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not much if you happen to be an altar boy on your knees receiving "the blessing"
I fully appreciate what you're trying to say here.

But the vile act that you are discussing, is illegal, even in Islamic states. As apposed to the summary sentencing of a 9 year old rape victim.

Now, Kakato made note of posting video's in our defence. I asked him not to.

Lone, you've known me long enough to understand I'm an asshole, I like to be hard and keep people out and away from my tender spots. I can do that with adults, because I can.

I can't do that with kids, and I've never been able to get the images out of my head, of all the children I've seen butchered and massacred.

The one, the singular video that signed the fate of Islam for me, was of a 9 year old Somali girl, the victim of a rape, being buried, and then stoned to death, for her crime of being a victim.

Lone, I can't get that out of my head.

It's horror is only kept alive by each and every account of another stoning of another person.

Just as I want each and every priest and anyone that protected, shuffled or hid their horrific deeds, to pay. I have no need for Islam in our society. It offers nothing that is compatible with what we have achieved as a nation.

Nothing.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Another "Why we should all hate Muslims" thread? IMO, classifying an entire religion based on the actions of a few extreme individuals or a few extreme examples of injustice and cruelty is racist. Individuals are responsible for their actions.

I agree stoning people to death is barbaric. So is hanging, a firing squad and electrocution.

Last edited: