Hajj: The journey of a lifetime

diamond lady

Jun 5, 2007
[FONT=&quot]Salaam (peace)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today is the first day of Hajj, 2, 5 million Muslims gather to perform the rituals of hajj[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Hajj, or the pilgrimage to Mecca, is the fifth of the five pillars of Islam.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Other pillars are declaring one’s faith, prayers, charity, and fasting)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Hajj is by far the largest gathering of mankind to assemble in one place anywhere in the world.

There is no convention of people, whether religious or secular, anywhere in the world that comes even close to the approximately 2, 5 million souls that come together in Mecca.

What's even more amazing is that the record gathering of the Hajj is a phenomenon that repeats itself annually.

After all Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, therefore the number of pilgrims is only expected to rise.

The primary ritual of the Hajj is the circumambulation of the Ka'bah, a place of prayer originally built by the Prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael, peace be upon them both, for the exclusive worship of the One God.

The Qur'an talks about the Kab'ah in Mecca as being the first house of worship established for the worship of Allah.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The first House[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (of worship) [FONT=&quot]appointed for men was that at Bakka, full of blessings and guidance for all creation.[/FONT](Qur'an 3:96)

Islam requires all Muslims to perform the Hajj at least once in their lifetime, for those who can financially afford the journey.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And pilgrimage to the House is a duty unto Allah for mankind, for he who is able to find a way.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Qur'an 3:97)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Those who have undertaken the pilgrimage to Mecca have reported it to be a life-changing experience, as Muslims from all walks of life; all races, ethnicities and regional backgrounds come together for the sole purpose of the worship of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
All differences based on colour, financial status and lineage are rightfully ignored, just as they have been for 1400 years. I hope to make this journey ones in my lifetime, Insha’Allah (God willingly)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is a video on the hajj, enjoy watching [/FONT]

The Hajj

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

diamond lady

Jun 5, 2007
HAJJ 2010 ''The Tawaf''

YouTube - 2010 Hadj | HD Kwaliteit

Tawaf is one of the Islamic rituals of pilgrimage. During the Hajj and Umrah, Muslims are to circumambulate the Ka'bah seven times, in a counterclockwise direction. The circling is believed to demonstrate the unity of the believers in the worship of the One God, as they move in harmony together around the Ka’bah while supplicating to God saying "Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik"(I respond to Your call my Lord I respond to You )