Diary of a Manifesto

jellyfarm
hereforth i begin a diary of manifestations.

i have been manifesting many miracles in my life the last 4 years so it's only fair to throw this in cyberspace somewhere so i can maintain a log of all how my life's purpose is aligning (or not aligning) with the experiences i am drawing to me.

well, for starters, here's the thing....i've been a pro at manifesting career opportunities but not in my personal love life....hmmmph....but lesse now what are the reasons for this happening ok?

i'm noting this down so i can see what my purpose is...

jelly's personal love life conundrum analysed:

1. jelly sometimes gets lonely and finds herself desiring a companion. during these times, what she longs for is someone to go on a trip with, watch a movie with or just have someone to look at the stars with. whether we're making intelligible conversation doesn't really matter because jelly knows she's a smart-*** to begin with. she doesn't need to constantly be tearing away at the seams of the problems of capitalization and poverty in the developing world 24-7 and that she knows the capital of mongolia is ulam bator and that speed - distance x time

2. jelly likes men but she also like hot, sexy women but she doesn't want to sleep with them or have sex 24-7. hmmmmm....

3. jelly wants to be in charge. not a lot of men like that and jelly knows that hence why jelly keeps to herself.

4. jelly is funny, blunt and confident and not a lot of men in her country like that because it chips away at their confidence.

5. jelly is also nerdy but jelly is really a kid at heart like lucille ball.

6. jelly actually also on the other hand really doesn't bother if she has a love life or not because jelly is always consumed by her creative endeavours that her work has become her spouse.

7. jelly is really actually comfortable about being relaxed because she just is jelly. people have criticised jelly for being tomboy-ish even at this age, but jelly has her own unique and creative style of dressing. she does not believe in following stereotypes. jelly is also a secret cross-dresser who enjoys wearing suits ala annie lennox. men's suits are tailored better and have more class.

9. jelly also like mysticism, the supernatural and UFOs...it gets her very thrilled to be curious about 'the unknown'...

10. jelly likes enid blyton and gnomes and pixies but she also loves star wars, and dungeons and dragons.

ok, so THAT'S why i'm still here, single. wow! i AM a conundrum! how confusing i be-eth.

stay tuned as i come back in a bit with career manifestations.

cheerz!

scratch
Quote: Originally Posted by jellyfarmView Post

hereforth i begin a diary of manifestations.

i have been manifesting many miracles in my life the last 4 years so it's only fair to throw this in cyberspace somewhere so i can maintain a log of all how my life's purpose is aligning (or not aligning) with the experiences i am drawing to me.

well, for starters, here's the thing....i've been a pro at manifesting career opportunities but not in my personal love life....hmmmph....but lesse now what are the reasons for this happening ok?

i'm noting this down so i can see what my purpose is...

jelly's personal love life conundrum analysed:

1. jelly sometimes gets lonely and finds herself desiring a companion. during these times, what she longs for is someone to go on a trip with, watch a movie with or just have someone to look at the stars with. whether we're making intelligible conversation doesn't really matter because jelly knows she's a smart-*** to begin with. she doesn't need to constantly be tearing away at the seams of the problems of capitalization and poverty in the developing world 24-7 and that she knows the capital of mongolia is ulam bator and that speed - distance x time

2. jelly likes men but she also like hot, sexy women but she doesn't want to sleep with them or have sex 24-7. hmmmmm....

3. jelly wants to be in charge. not a lot of men like that and jelly knows that hence why jelly keeps to herself.

4. jelly is funny, blunt and confident and not a lot of men in her country like that because it chips away at their confidence.

5. jelly is also nerdy but jelly is really a kid at heart like lucille ball.

6. jelly actually also on the other hand really doesn't bother if she has a love life or not because jelly is always consumed by her creative endeavours that her work has become her spouse.

7. jelly is really actually comfortable about being relaxed because she just is jelly. people have criticised jelly for being tomboy-ish even at this age, but jelly has her own unique and creative style of dressing. she does not believe in following stereotypes. jelly is also a secret cross-dresser who enjoys wearing suits ala annie lennox. men's suits are tailored better and have more class.

9. jelly also like mysticism, the supernatural and UFOs...it gets her very thrilled to be curious about 'the unknown'...

10. jelly likes enid blyton and gnomes and pixies but she also loves star wars, and dungeons and dragons.

ok, so THAT'S why i'm still here, single. wow! i AM a conundrum! how confusing i be-eth.

stay tuned as i come back in a bit with career manifestations.

cheerz!

I'll keep an eye on this.

jellyfarm
Ah, well, keep an eye back here scratch coz I'm ready for the next entry...haha!

OK, so manifesting with regards to career, as mentioned earlier, has been somewhat a piece of cake for me, except for....ah, well, I'll get to that in another entry...

So! My first experience with real manifestation began in 2002.

I had always been keeping a journal...(you know the one where people used to write in...haha!) and I had just returned from the United States after 7 years of living there.

The 8 months prior to coming home to my country was a huge struggle for me as I was stuck in a dead-end job that was not what I had studied for in college, my bf at the time was an idiot who was basically a drugged up stoner with an unquenched thirst for women, poetry and White Zombie - in short life sucked! Haha!

Always wanted to be a film or be in TV (which is what I studied in college) but dreams were slipping through my hands and everything was falling apart. I was depressed, lacked self-confidence and lost faith.

So then I come home in late 2001 and for a year, I struggled with adapting to my country again, getting over culture shock and realising how much I had changed while in the US. I also landed a small-time writing job for this publisher. Money was not good and I had to get used to living with my parents again. (Yuck!)

Anywhoo, a few months before I had returned home to Malaysia/Singapore, and after I had been retrenched at my US job, I began writing a film script. I dunno why but I began something. I felt that enough was enough! I didn't care if this was earning me money or not. I was doing what I loved and that was screenwriting, so up everyone else's! LOL!

So I continued writing this script and disciplining myself to write at least 20 minutes worth of pages a day. Eventually I finished it and then began another screenplay.

By this time, 1 year had passed and somehow at a Christian book store, I had picked up this book by a Christian writer called Becky Terrabasi. At the time, I had a bible and I was really into Christianity and I was convinced that Jesus was somehow responsible for getting me out of the tight spots I had experienced in the last 1.5 years of my life. I still do believe that though coz he was always the calm voice in my head during tough times.

Anyway Becky wrote in her book that in order to change your life, you would have to journal what your goals in life were. And she even had a template of how we should do it in our journals. (A very useful book, I tell you!)

The template was divided into 3 categories. Long-term goals, yearly and monthly goals, weekly and daily goals and I religiously did this for a year in my journal. I was very specific about what I wanted in life.

Then in 2002 March/April, I was browsing the Internet and I chanced upon this Singapore television production house called Oak3 Films and there was an article on the executive producers who owned the company and my jaw dropped because it was partly owned by a school-mate of mine, who happened to be a real close friend of back when I was 17/19-ish. I was simply amazed at her success but more so I was excited that I had found her again because we had lost touch when I went to the US to study. The funny thing is, we both loved our films.

I even remember how we took attendance at school in the mornings and immediately after, we ditched classes on Wednesdays just to watch movies. We'd watch the 11 o'clock show, then move to the 3 o'clock show and even the 5 o'clock show if we had time and money. We were film fanatics!

OK, to cut a long story short, I got excited and I journalled for the next month or so that I would meet up with this friend and be able to catch up with her personally and professionally. I even wrote that I'd be working in her company.

Well, the next month I was able to get her number and gave her a call. She was so excited as was I and we decided to have dinner the next week and we did. It was fantastic catching up with her and boy did we have a lot to catch up on.

That was in June 2002. After the dinner though, she got real busy and we couldn't keep in touch much but I continued to journal in my diary that I would be working in television and in her company. I didn't force myself to think beyond what I journalled.

Then in late July of that same year, her partner called me up and wanted to meet me for an interview. Apparently, they needed a writer onboard.

I was quite excited, you can imagine! So I went for the interview and came out feeling pretty confident of myself. Again, I wasn't thinking too far ahead.

Eventually a week later, I get a call from Oak3 and they wanted me to start with them the next month and I did and I worked there for 6 months as a writer/researcher for television and as they say, the rest is history....

But I wanted to put this down here because I wanted to share the fact that manifestation in and of itself is really a journey and my manifestation journey had begun with that one experience.

It came because this time, I had (unlike previously, where I had always expected things) just let it go. But it also came, because everyday, I had invested 20 minutes a day into scriptwriting, not knowing whether anything would come off it materially. I just kept the faith, doing the writing without thinking too much of the consequences. Besides, I had great fun writing it, so at the end of the day, that really mattered to me.

And all I did have was a voice telling me to just do it! Haha!

So that's my first manifestation story. It's not a big one but it certainly put me on the right path to my career. Unfortunately, my friend and I have again been estranged as her company has grown bigger and her responsibilities may not allow her and I to be the same, naughty gal pals we once were! :P

But that's because I was also getting busier and busier as well.

But you know how life has such strange coincidences? Well, that was the first one!
OK, stay tuned for more diary of a manifesto!! Haha! I'll be back!
Last edited by jellyfarm; Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:52 AM..