i would like to hear a muslim just talk about God

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
had a nice pm from one of our muslim posters....
I like the way he/she talked about God....
not the way i would but i like the poetic licence to it , if you will...

Feel free anyone to add your ideas on God here ..in this thread...
but I would like to hear from our muslim friend....

sometimes listening to someone else besides what we are brought up with is nice to hear.....

my philosphy is known here..i respect others and question all religions...thats not what I'm looking for in this thread...

Reactions: Outta here

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I would be interested too , a suggestion for those who will post tho. Keep the preaching to a minimum things should go smoothly. People tense up when getting preached to.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Guess none our Muslim posters have found this thread yet so I will jump in.

I do believe in God. I know many do not these days and I respect that but can not understand it as I have never doubted the presence of a higher power. I have however doubted It's nature. My God is omniscient, omnipresent and personal but non-intrusive.

Anyone else?

Doc, many here may know of your beliefs but I do not so perhaps you and Zan and El Barto can make your beliefs known also in this thread. Newbies are always an opportunity to re-examine what you think you hold as truth.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Sal,

My views of God is that its a human concept. One which i don't agree of.
To have an entity watching over us punishing us or what ever we are meant to believe doesn't sit well.
We are all from the same source nothing better nothing below us. Everything and every one as important as the other.

The concept of god is just something to manipulate the weak minded.
Show me a religion where theres a god that doesnt preach about fear in any way?
As soon as you hear anything fearful then i see manipulation.

I should be doing this in the morning . I function better on coffee in the morning than i do on beer at night.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sal,

My views of God is that its a human concept. One which i don't agree of.
To have an entity watching over us punishing us or what ever we are meant to believe doesn't sit well.
We are all from the same source nothing better nothing below us. Everything and every one as important as the other.

The concept of god is just something to manipulate the weak minded.
Show me a religion where theres a god that doesnt preach about fear in any way?
As soon as you hear anything fearful then i see manipulation.

I should be doing this in the morning . I function better on coffee in the morning than i do on beer at night.

Ah hell, I've had wine and I am functionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn oops, maybe not... ;) Okay, so religions are manipulative. What is their reason for that? Do you believe in a higher power?

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
no not a higher power for that way of thinking makes a division between it and us. tho its not define i 'd like to say a unified conscientiousness.
But when you believe in something your forced to dissbelieve in other things. So the less you believe the more open you are and less judgement you have.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
no not a higher power for that way of thinking makes a division between it and us. tho its not define i 'd like to say a unified conscientiousness.
But when you believe in something your forced to dissbelieve in other things. So the less you believe the more open you are and less judgement you have.

So is this unified conscientiousness separate from or apart from humans? Does it have will?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I'd rather not here anyone speak about god...its embarrassing enough as it is.

I can just imagine advanced civilizations light-years away, now receiving broadcasts from Jimmy Swaggart or Falwell, or Oral Roberts....bleh...

Its really surprising that they haven't come and demolished earth to make room for an intragalatic highway yet...

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
So is this unified conscientiousness separate from or apart from humans? Does it have will?
I'd say unified but these are suggestions and feelings it should be, not deffinate. Who really knows sitting from our perspectives what it really is. We would need to shed our physical eyes to see the beyond.

Tomaska.....I hear you.........don't panic.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'd say unified but these are suggestions and feelings it should be, not deffinate. Who really knows sitting from our perspectives what it really is. We would need to shed our physical eyes to see the beyond.

Tomaska.....I hear you.........don't panic.
Yes faith/belief is not truth but merely something we hold to us as truth. Doesn't mean it is so.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'd rather not here anyone speak about god...its embarrassing enough as it is.

I can just imagine advanced civilizations light-years away, now receiving broadcasts from Jimmy Swaggart or Falwell, or Oral Roberts....bleh...

Its really surprising that they haven't come and demolished earth to make room for an intragalatic highway yet...

Except I don't think Swaggart, Falwell, or Roberts represent mass world belief in their definition of God. To use them as an excuse not to search deeper spiritually would be a shame and equally as limiting to self as accepting their preaching as truth.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Sal, this is a monologue taken from the group Tool , thurd eye its called and this sums up pretty much what i agree with.

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sal, this is a monologue taken from the group Tool , thurd eye its called and this sums up pretty much what i agree with.

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
Ha, here's Tom with the weather... I like that.

I am really into the whole energy thing. Think I posted about that around here somewhere. I don't think life is only a dream, but I do believe this life is only a tiny part of who and what we are.

And I haven't even had any acid... ;)

diamond lady

Jun 5, 2007
He is Allaah..

The First: Nothing is before Him.
The Last: Nothing is After Him.
The Most High: Nothing is Above Him.
The Most Near: Nothing is beyond His Reach.
He Begets Not, Nor was He Begotten.
The Creator, Provider, and All-Rich.
The All-Seer, The All-Knower.
He is One and Self-Sufficient.
He is not Nature, or any part of it.
He ascended above His Throne, High above the Seven Skies.
No Vision can encompass Him, but
His Grasp is over all vision...

God alone is the Almighty, the Creator, the Sovereign, and the Sustainer of everything in the whole universe. He manages all affairs. He stands in need of none of His creatures, and all His creatures depend on Him for all that they need. He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, and the All-Knowing. In a perfect manner,

His knowledge encompasses all things, the open and the secret, and the public and the private. He knows what has happened, what will happen, and how it will happen. No affair occurs in the whole world except by His will. Whatever He wills is, and whatever He does not will is not and will never be. His will is above the will of all the creatures. He has power over all things, and He is able to do everything. He is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, and the Most Beneficent. In one of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), we are told that God is more merciful to His creatures than a mother to her child. God is far removed from injustice and tyranny. He is All-Wise in all of His actions and decrees.

The most fundamental belief that a Muslim has is that "There is only OneGod" the Creator, the Sustainer -- known in the Arabic language and by Muslims as Allah. Allah is not a foreign god, nor an idol. Arabic-speaking Christians use the same word for the Almighty.

The fundamental pillar of faith in Islam is to testify that "there is no deity worthy of worship except the One True Almighty God" (in Arabic: "La ilaha ill Allah").

In the Quran , we read that Allah is Compassionate and Merciful. He is Kind, Loving, and Wise. He is the Creator, the Sustainer, the Healer. He is the One who Guides, the One who Protects, the One who Forgives. There are traditionally ninety-nine names, or attributes, that Muslims use to describe Allah's nature.

Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god; the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory; and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.( 59: 22-24)

Some of the ninety-nine names of Allah

Ar-Rahmaan: The Compassionate
Ar-Raheem: The Merciful
As-Salaam: The Source of Peace
Al-Kareem: The Generous One
Al-Waliyy: The Protecting Friend
Al-Ghaffaar: The Great Forgiver,

Some non-Muslims mistakenly believe that Allah is an "Arab god," a "moon god," or some sort of idol. Allah is the proper name of the One True God, in the Arabic language used by Muslims all over the world. Allah is a name that is neither feminine nor masculine, and it cannot be made plural (unlike god, gods, goddess, etc). Muslims believe that there is nothing in the heavens nor on earth that deserves worship except Allah, the One True Creator.

Allah! There is no god but He, the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory) (.Quran2/255)

Islam is based on the concept of Tawhid, or Unity of God. Muslims are strictly monotheistic, and fiercely reject any attempt to make God visible or human. Islam rejects any form of idol worship, even if it is an attempt to get "closer" to God, and rejects the Trinity or any attempt to make God human.

"Say, 'He is Allah, the One;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begets not, and neither is He begotten;
And there is nothing that can be compared to Him."
(Qur'an 112:1-4)

Say: Verily ,my Prayers ,my sacrifice my living and my dying are for Allah (the true God) ,the Lord of all that exists (Quran 6:162)

In Muslim understanding, God is beyond our sight and understanding, yet at the same time "nearer to us than our jugular vein:

It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein. (Qur'an 50:16)

Muslims pray directly to God, with no intermediary, and seek guidance from Him alone:

"When My servants ask thee concerning Me,
I am indeed close (to them).
I respond to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me.
Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me,
that they may walk in the right way."
Qur'an 2:186

In the Qur'an, people are asked to look around them for the signs of Allah in the natural world. The balance of the world, the rhythms of life, are "signs for those who would believe." The universe is in perfect order: the orbits of the planets, the cycles of life and death, the seasons of the year, the mountains and the rivers, the mysteries of the human body. This order and balance are not haphazard nor random. The world, and everything in it, has been created with a perfect plan, by the One who knows all

It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge. (Quran)

It is He Who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds, and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season (Quran)

It is He Who brought you forth from the wombs of your mothers when ye knew nothing; and He gave you hearing and sight and intelligence and affections: that ye may give thanks (to God). (Quran)

It is He Who has created for you (the faculties of) hearing, sight, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is ye give! (Quran)

It is He Who is God in heaven and God on earth; and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge (Quran)

In the Quran, God invites men of understanding to think about the issues which other people overlook or just dismiss using such barren terms as “evolution”, “coincidence”, or “a miracle of nature”.

In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are Signs for people of intelligence: those who remember God standing, sitting and lying on their sides, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth:
“Our Lord, You did not create this for nothing. Glory be to You! So guard us from the punishment of the Fire.” (Quran 3:191)

As we see in these verses, people of understanding see the signs of God and try to comprehend His eternal knowledge, power and art by remembering and reflecting on them, for God’s knowledge is limitless, and His act of creating flawless.
For men of understanding, everything around them is a sign of this creation.

Islam is a natural faith, a religion of responsibility, purpose, balance, discipline, and simplicity. To be a Muslim is to live your life remembering God and striving to follow His merciful guidance.

Salaam (peace)