Faith vs. religions

akbar

Nominee Member
Mar 31, 2007
My friends I hope you will not mind if I say faith is liberalism and religions are fundamentalism because religions persist on their righteousness while faith does not. Faith draws no boundaries and it has no limits while religions have their demarked boundaries and have limitations. Religions have certified authorities which admit or expel followers. Their followers have to be cautious of limitations imposed on them who as I believe are not free people. Faith does not accept any authority other than the God and does not claim any ownership of the God and not even preference of any sort. Religions do claim such preferences violating basic right of equality among humans. Religions cause divisions which the God does not like while faith unites humanity as it is comprised of love, mercy and equality of all humans not considering their racial, regional, traditional, linguistic and all other attachments.

Religions strive to maintain their different identities. Different shapes of worship places exhibit differentiation from others and only those who agree are allowed to enter. This is a matter of authority over God and his worship. Separate manners of worship are enforced upon followers and they are also taught words of worship. Clergies also stress on different appearances like hairs and dressing. Different timings of worship are observed with different modes. Most religions have different names to show their so called superior ness over others as they do not want to be mixed up with so called others. Most heinous crimes had/have been committed in names of religions and most deadly wars were fought and all that was done to please their God or gods. Apart from other religions Christians persecution by Jews, Jews persecutions by Christians including holocaust, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh massacres in Indian sub continent including that of 1947 are very good examples or perhaps bad but no doubt religious.

Unlike religions faith is not concerned with differentiations but with the God and humanity. Faith does not need any particular places for worship as the God can be prayed any where not depending upon shapes of buildings. Faith can be practiced anywhere irrespective of any religious places because it is something which comes from within and not from any orthodox religious teachings. Faith does not recognize any authority between the God and humanity and if there is one it should be abolished. There must not be any interventions between a lover and beloved. Faith does not require any kinds of special mannerisms for being accepted but if it does require something, it is firm and staunch belief in the God. Does a lover need to be taught manners of love or will he/she like such restrictions? Submission and obedience to the God also does not necessary need particular words to be repeated by all. He does not want or like such submission as He is not an army general to seek or accept only disciplined speech in a disciplined manner. He likes to be prayed willingly with love and sincerity and sincere, obedient lovers by nature know manners of love, remembering, asking and praying. Their can be prayers even with out spoken words as the God knows feelings of hearts and He values feelings much more than words. All names are good which have good meanings irrespective of linguistic or religious background and the God does not like differentiations. Is there any God of timings or days? No, all times and days are God’s and He wants humans to remember him on all times and on all days. Daily, weekly or yearly timings can be observed but not necessarily. The God hates cruel, wicked and unjust aggressor disregard of their any attachment including religious as He is God of humans and not of groups.

Faith unites humanity and promotes love among friends, families, localities, races, nations and humans. A true faith in the God must promote love where ever it exists otherwise it must be untrue and fake. Faith is love; the God loves humanity and wants humans to be faithful.

Spirituality survived and will survive while religions change and also extinct. Spirituality is actual and real liberalism which provides liberty to soul which religions deny.
Spirituality is universal and cover time from beginning to end while religions are time bound having beginning and also an end. Religions have necessary connections with special ceremonies and ostentations to feed upon while spirituality is free from all such encumbrances. Spirituality gets its nourishment direct from soul so thereby having no fear of being severed from its root.

COMMON FAITH,

Join me or allow me to join,
I may be yours if you not mine,
The God of your is God of mine,
I can pray at any or with out a shrine.

Traditions change and customs change,
Dialects change and languages change,
People migrate and nations change,
Wars and calamities bring drastic change.

Religions change with clergy’s behavior,
As he explains to win peoples favor,
Poor gets rich if lucky and clever,
Humans don’t change and humanity never.

You are a human and I am a human,
Don’t you think much we have in common?
Our goods are common and our vices common,
Our values are common and our humanity common.

Our God is common and creator common,
He made us common and we are common,
Let us love and love is common,
Let us say our faith is common.

akbar

Nominee Member
Mar 31, 2007
Faith

Friends, I am thankful to you for your interest in my views. It motivated me to get engaged in discussion for a longer time. I think you did not took much interest in my initial posts so I request you to read this one again to understand some differences in faith and religions though I would be sending much more in an effort to clarify all about faith.
Friends I have to say nothing except that there is a God. If you find any thing additional, personal or religious please let me know to acknowledge my mistake. Every body knows that you people being members of civilized socities are much liberal than us. As you know I live in a fundamentalist society so may be I. Please let me know about mine if you find any. I have also written and send on this forum an article, "Liberalism verses Fundamentalism".
Though I am an ordinory farmer from a third world country with an ordinory education but let us assesss which one of us is more fundamentalist or more liberal.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

In the New Testament we do not see any proof that Jesus established any religious denominations. His churches were nothing more than gatherings of people. The term 'church' derives from the word 'eklesios' or gatherings of people. Therefore, the pious do not need to revere any edifice or denomination but can worship at any home with any grouping that they wish.

akbar

Nominee Member
Mar 31, 2007
Testament

In the New Testament we do not see any proof that Jesus established any religious denominations. His churches were nothing more than gatherings of people. The term 'church' derives from the word 'eklesios' or gatherings of people. Therefore, the pious do not need to revere any edifice or denomination but can worship at any home with any grouping that they wish.

I respect this statement if written in the testament. It is so good.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Akbar: for an ordinary farmer from the third world, you have a pretty good grasp of the english language. Do you grow truffles by chance?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I respect this statement if written in the testament. It is so good.

For the definitive study of the Bible, always go to www.blueletterbible.org.

It is the single most thorough source for any subject in the entire internet.

For the definition of ekklesia or eklesios, see:

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1577&Version=kjv

Note that this is the term in use throughout the New Testament:

http://cf.blb.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=church&Version=KJV&sf=1

This confirms that Jesus and his followers established churches, as opposed to denominational religions with rigid exclusionist rules.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Akbar: for an ordinary farmer from the third world, you have a pretty good grasp of the english language. Do you grow truffles by chance?
I'll second that. akbar, your english and the way you express yourself if amazing.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
China

It's never mattered what "religion" its been, Catholics demonize homosexuals.....

Protestants and Catholics have murdered each others children for years....

Jews blame Christianity (and everyone else for that mattter) for everything that's ever happened to Jews and "allowing" th Holocaust.

Moslems and Jews regard anyone who isn't as a disposable commodity and not to be trusted and killed if at all possible.....

Religion is what the bigot the hater and the insecure hide behind.....

Always has been and always will be....

akbar

Nominee Member
Mar 31, 2007
english language.

I did not say that I am uneducated. I am not at home in english and it is difficult for me to speak. I have never been abroad. Had I been so good in English like you people, results would have been different. I think this defficiency hampers my expression when I am in full emotions to say something.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China

It's never mattered what "religion" its been, Catholics demonize homosexuals.....

Protestants and Catholics have murdered each others children for years....

Jews blame Christianity (and everyone else for that mattter) for everything that's ever happened to Jews and "allowing" th Holocaust.

Moslems and Jews regard anyone who isn't as a disposable commodity and not to be trusted and killed if at all possible.....

Religion is what the bigot the hater and the insecure hide behind.....

Always has been and always will be....

AMEN

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I did not say that I am uneducated. I am not at home in english and it is difficult for me to speak. I have never been abroad. Had I been so good in English like you people, results would have been different. I think this defficiency hampers my expression when I am in full emotions to say something.

Akbar

Your English far surpasses many who grew up with English and choose to ignore the formality of use by getting careless or uncaring. As you are not a natal English user - I enjoy the style and clarity you have and appreciate you concentrate on being understood. English seems a terrible language to have to master and use for communicating, I am grateful it was my first.