Have you ever....?

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I urge you to read it all before making your judgement.[/FONT]

------------------------------------
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for the sun?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When our lands our flooded with water, our valleys water-logged and our rivers overflowing, have you ever been thankful for the sun? It comes out to dry the land, to melt the ice and snow, to provide the earth with its light. When our land is deep in winter's icy grip, it brings us back into the warmth of spring. It urges our flowers to grow, so that our gardens are big and beautiful. It nurtures our fruits and vegetables, so that we may feast on nature's bounty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for the sun? When our souls are heavy with sorrow, and our hearts are full of despair, it drives away the pain and suffering and invites in the fresh air.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for the rain?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When our lands are parched and dried, our soil crumbles and our rivers are dry, have you ever been thankful for the rain? It comes and cools the land, to water our gardens and put out the fires. It provides nutrients for the plants, the animals, the bugs and the people. When the grip of winter returns, it gives us a blanket of ice and snow to protect the seeds and to lighten our hearts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for the rain? When our souls are burning with rage, our hearts are full of fire, it soothes the spirit and brings us peace.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for God? Like the sun God is warm, God is light, God is great. Like the sun God has many sides, many colours. God is red like the sunset, yellow like the dawn, warm like the summer and frigid like the winter. God is male, God is female. God is neither and God is both. God is your lover, your father, your mother, your son and your daughter. God is your pet dog, your pet cat, your flower garden. God is in your house, in your cobwebs, in your dust and in your garbage! Everywhere you look, God is there. Everything you think and feel is part of God. When you are angry, you are with God. When you are happy, you are with God. When you are in love, you are with God.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When God is in the moon, God is a woman. She turns the tides and she turns us. When we are upset and angry, like the rain she soothes our soul. She is the maiden, the mother and the crone. She is young and playful, innocent at heart. Like a younger sister she makes you laugh. When she is in danger you want to protect, and you want to defend! She is older and she is wise. Like your mother you turn to her for advice, you ask her her blessing and you beg her for forgiveness! She is old and she is withered, but like your grandmother you respect her. There is nothing she doesn't know and cannot understand, and so when you have nobody else to turn to, you go to her. When God is a woman, she controls the heart.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When God is in the Sun, God is a man. Like a fiery spear he drives into our hearts with force, giving us wisdom and power! When we feel injustice and wronged, he gives us the will to make things right! He arms us with willpower, and gives us strength to help ourselves and help the world! God is the hunter, the greenman, the son, the lover and the father. He gives us innocence. He gives us love. He gives us wisdom and he makes us care. When we are full of pain, he shows us love. When we are wrong, he forgives us. When we don't believe in him, he loves us anyway. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No matter who you are, where you come from or what you believe, God is in you and God loves you. She will help you when you need her. He will support you when you fall. And like the Sun, what you see is true for you, but fly out into the deepest space and you will see that there are many Suns of various colours and of many sizes. In the end, however, God does the same for us all. God gives us life.[/FONT]

Reactions: Chukcha

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I urge you to read it all before making your judgement.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When our lands our flooded with water, our valleys water-logged and our rivers overflowing, have you ever been thankful for the sun? It comes out to dry the land, to melt the ice and snow, to provide the earth with its light. When our land is deep in winter's icy grip, it brings us back into the warmth of spring. It urges our flowers to grow, so that our gardens are big and beautiful. It nurtures our fruits and vegetables, so that we may feast on nature's bounty. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for the sun? When our souls are heavy with sorrow, and our hearts are full of despair, it drives away the pain and suffering and invites in the fresh air.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When our lands are parched and dried, our soil crumbles and our rivers are dry, have you ever been thankful for the rain? It comes and cools the land, to water our gardens and put out the fires. It provides nutrients for the plants, the animals, the bugs and the people. When the grip of winter returns, it gives us a blanket of ice and snow to protect the seeds and to lighten our hearts.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for the rain? When our souls are burning with rage, our hearts are full of fire, it soothes the spirit and brings us peace.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you ever been thankful for God? Like the sun God is warm, God is light, God is great. Like the sun God has many sides, many colours. God is red like the sunset, yellow like the dawn, warm like the summer and frigid like the winter. God is male, God is female. God is neither and God is both. God is your lover, your father, your mother, your son and your daughter. God is your pet dog, your pet cat, your flower garden. God is in your house, in your cobwebs, in your dust and in your garbage! Everywhere you look, God is there. Everything you think and feel is part of God. When you are angry, you are with God. When you are happy, you are with God. When you are in love, you are with God.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When God is in the moon, God is a woman. She turns the tides and she turns us. When we are upset and angry, like the rain she soothes our soul. She is the maiden, the mother and the crone. She is young and playful, innocent at heart. Like a younger sister she makes you laugh. When she is in danger you want to protect, and you want to defend! She is older and she is wise. Like your mother you turn to her for advice, you ask her her blessing and you beg her for forgiveness! She is old and she is withered, but like your grandmother you respect her. There is nothing she doesn't know and cannot understand, and so when you have nobody else to turn to, you go to her. When God is a woman, she controls the heart.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When God is in the Sun, God is a man. Like a fiery spear he drives into our hearts with force, giving us wisdom and power! When we feel injustice and wronged, he gives us the will to make things right! He arms us with willpower, and gives us strength to help ourselves and help the world! God is the hunter, the greenman, the son, the lover and the father. He gives us innocence. He gives us love. He gives us wisdom and he makes us care. When we are full of pain, he shows us love. When we are wrong, he forgives us. When we don't believe in him, he loves us anyway. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No matter who you are, where you come from or what you believe, God is in you and God loves you. She will help you when you need her. He will support you when you fall. And like the Sun, what you see is true for you, but fly out into the deepest space and you will see that there are many Suns of various colours and of many sizes. In the end, however, God does the same for us all. God gives us life.[/FONT]

Very nice, and other than my one serious objection(which I am sure you have guessed already), I enjoyed this read.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm so glad I could give you something nice to look at. With all of the depressing and sometimes angering topics on this forum, it's nice to have a breath of fresh air.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
I'm so glad I could give you something nice to look at. With all of the depressing and sometimes angering topics on this forum, it's nice to have a breath of fresh air.

I liked it, except for the God referred to as "she", but that was minor compared to the overall feel of the read.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Meh, you don't have to agree to like it. I'm glad that even those of you who aren't pagan can get a good feel from my words.

I did. And what I was uncomfortable with was very tiny compared to the overall impact of the words. And it's Mary--what does MeH stand for?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

I love the first two verses, I relate to them very spiritually. Our earth is our creator, and along with
the sun and the rain, it provides us with "life" and I will be eternally grateful.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Amber do you write other prose? Ive tons of stuff I write but its like a long discription.

Every now and then I do. Sometimes when I got out in the woods to do my meditation I come back all inspired and stuff, so I write down my thoughts. I've thought about writing as a long term commitment, but my bursts of creativity are totally random, lol.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I get inspired easily by the right smile lol I love writing its typing that hurts......literally.

I do know how you feel about that. I've got some kind of bone infection (they think it's arthritis) that prevents me from typing for very long, or doing much else for that matter. Doesn't help when you're a student and all you DO is type, lol. I'm sorry to hear it pains you to type :(

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I do know how you feel about that. I've got some kind of bone infection (they think it's arthritis) that prevents me from typing for very long, or doing much else for that matter. Doesn't help when you're a student and all you DO is type, lol. I'm sorry to hear it pains you to type :(

It explains my short posts lol Ive had juvinal arthritis since I was 6

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006

Wow, very touching.